PDA

View Full Version : Lily in the Garden Finished

copespeak
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM

Imperfect, but I'm pretty happy.

Aunt_Betsy
02-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Wonderful Robyn! I want to reach out and pet her.

justjean
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
A beautifully painted tribute to your beautiiful Lily

Lindae
02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh Robyn, what a lovely image of your sweet Lily. Your feelings for her came out beautifully in this painting. I hope you print it, frame it and hang it in the perfect spot in your home so the image of Lily can watch over all who enter there. L

copespeak
02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much ladies! It was very challenging to do.

It's her birthday tomorrow, so we will have a few more sad moments. But, I'm almost all painted out now. I'll put together what I've done and make a corner for her.

On a brighter note, I told my friend who boarded her for us when we went away, and she was very sad because she loved Lily, but told me about a beautiful borzoi puppy bitch that was available to a special home. We soul searched a lot, but decided to take her to bring some laughter into our lives. She comes tomorrow as well, so the cycle of life has come full circle. One moves on and another arrives.

She will never be a 'replacement' for Lily, but a new member of our family, and a play mate for Zara, who has been a bit lost.

Borzois are such stunning, elegant dogs, and I will look forward to painting her as well.

Marilyn Anne
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I think you did a great job. Best to you and the new puppy.

screenpainter
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
to me it's amazing an portrait Robyn. excellent.

copespeak
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks Marilyn Anne and Albert. I learned a lot from this one. There's still something that is not right yet, but I am taking my time to nut it out.

We're off to see Les Miserables tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. Another art form I really enjoy .... and the artists that conceive and create these amazing movies.

limey-g
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
It's really lovely Robyn, love the way you created her coat to produce the fluffiness of a poodle .
Excellent news on the new member to be of the family, I look forward to seeing a photo.
Geoff

coops
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
What a beautiful painting, full of warmth and love. Brilliant and loving work:)

copespeak
02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Thanks Geoff, it's almost OK, but some of the shadowing needs to be changed a bit, methinks. I played around today and tried different methods, so will go back in and refine as soon as I get a chance.

P.S. 'Les Mis' was amazing, but so much dying, I cried all the way through. Quite exhausted now.

Will post new baby pics as soon as she settles in. She's all big bony boots, whispy hair and long legs! She's flying from Queensland to Melbourne, then up to me in the country which is quite a distance. We're just paying a pet transport service from door to door, so she has as little chopping and changing in such a big day.

kenmo
02-26-2013, 12:50 AM
A very beautiful painting indeed....

copespeak
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM
You're very kind Coops and Kenmo. I took the reference photos a few years back and did quite a bit of photoshopping to get it to work the way I wanted. I moved daisies and plants in and around, and got the shadows just right. I like the play of warm light and cool shadow on her white coat. Her elegance and calm really stands out in this pic. She was quite a gal!!

damasocl
02-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Beautiful, tender, delicate, amazing!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

copespeak
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Thank you Damasocl, it's lovely to hear comment from you! :D

drawing4art
02-26-2013, 08:42 AM
A beauitful painting of a beautiful dog and a much loved family member. Hope you have much fun and love with your new baby....Dogs are just the best :):)

fraser_paice
02-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Lovely Robyn. I lost my old boy Trigger last year, he had been with me for 15 years. 7 months later the house was too quiet so now Boris has come the live here, he's a labradoodle 10 weeks old and no he's not a stuffed toy.

copespeak
02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
My goodness! What a beautiful baby! Too cute. They give us such joy.

I am reading a book called "A Small Furry Hope", written by a journalist who took up dog rescue with his wife in New Mexico. It's not just his story, but also has lots of research about how man and dogs took up together right from the beginning. Our relationship with dogs has influenced our evolution emotionally and practically. He also talks about what dogs can do ... like laughing, mirroring our actions, reading our moods, and interacting in so many other ways.

I smiled at this as I know both our dogs have both laughed many times... that special breathing/huffing that they do, and their understanding of words and gestures run into the hundreds.

The breeder has just rung saying 'Valentina' (our deal was done on Valentine's Day) is on her way, so we are very excited.

eighty+
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi. Copespeak. Yes. Very good, But I seem to remember you showed some pencil drawings

Some time ago. I've. Been waiting to see more of them if. Possible when you can find time

Regards. E+. SLAINTE.

copespeak
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi Eighty,

sorry, I do take off on a tangent and start something new. I will have to get to work! :D

Alexandra
02-26-2013, 01:51 PM
So well done, and such a beautiful tribute. So happy that you will soon have a new baby around as well.

byroncallas
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Lily is a cutie. Terrifc painting. :)

copespeak
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you both very much. :D

justjean
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Love the look of Fraser's pup, looks like he's got lots of OES in him,73575 here's my best pal Duch at 1 year and she is an OES :)

copespeak
02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
He's a labradoodle, but looks like he will grow a lot of hair like your girl. OES are such cheery dogs! Very beautiful. :D