View Full Version : Straight lines and technical symbols.

05-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Hi, Hei and MoHei.

Straight lines can done several ways.

Expand drawings and move cursor (pen or mouse) border of monitor screen. Works with mouse quite well.

Use pen and ruler at the pen table.

With symbol-ruler you can draw symbols or other specific forms, like old days cad-designers done.

br. Heikki.


Aged P
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Using the edge of the screen as a ruler is so obvious and so clever!
I usually just want to check straightness and it will be easy to do that now. Thank you!

05-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Brilliant idea....
here my little experiment:

Thx & greez

05-11-2006, 06:40 AM
simple and extremely effective. love it!

Aged P
05-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi Maror,

How did you use a "template"?

I've just publicized Heikki's straight line tip in my Late Snow posting.

05-11-2006, 07:38 AM
i would guess maror just laid down something circular on his tablet and traced it with the pen.

:D :D

don't know for sure, though. its what i'll de when it comes time for me to draw a circle! :)

Aged P
05-11-2006, 07:44 AM
"Computers can do that?" Doh!!!!

So obvious when it's pointed out. I have had a graphics pad for over 6 months and that had never occurred to me.
I missed what was meant by pen table.

Thanks Hype

05-11-2006, 07:50 AM
:D no problem! i have a bit of a technical drawing background, so when it comes to precise shapes, thats where my mind tends to go, as well - find something to trace! maror and heikki got this whole thing sorted out for us all!
(Andy - please stop working on rulers and shape tools IMMEDIATELY! :lol: :lol: )

the wacom tablets even have that nifty feature of being able to lay a piece of paper under that transparent tracing mat, so that could help too. as long as i've had my tablet, though, i can honestly say i've never once used that.

(oh, and i'm totally kidding about the ruler and shape tools - i'd hate to start a riot on the forums! :wink: )

Aged P
05-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Oh, that sort of template!

05-11-2006, 08:23 AM
sweet, there it is! nicely demonstrated!

05-11-2006, 08:24 AM
:lol: :lol:
is it a template or what is it?

But the ideas are really great. My ideas: you can trace an handsketch without scanning.
an you can also copy shapes when you move the sketch around!

But go on andy... we're always waiting fo MORE... :P

Aged P
05-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi Maror,

It is a template.

But here it's also known as a stencil.

(This is dumb because Stencil was a French word meaning "cover with stars". But we changed it!)

05-11-2006, 08:40 AM
a stencil

shame on me and thanks to you


PS: ohhh is seee it's bedtime bähhh