PDA

View Full Version : Metallic sticker and Symmetry new image added

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I have been working on making my sticker in just ArtRage. I use to make almost all of them in CorelDraw because I could use the contour and blend tools to get a 3D look. Now I'm using the paint tube and metallic paint to get a glossy 3D look.

byroncallas
02-24-2013, 11:20 AM
You've certainly pulled it off.
Isn't the symmetry too quite a bit of fun. :)

Lindae
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
It absolutely does look 3D! Nice complex design too! L

justjean
02-24-2013, 02:44 PM
another beauty, Betsy :), I'm still fumbling around with those stickys so much to learn :D

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks you, Byron, Linda, and Jean. I'm having lots of fun experimenting with both the sticker and the symmetry tool. Now I have added into the mix working with the metallic paint. Several years about I figured out how to do the shiny metallic, now I putting it to use with the stickers. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?26389-ArtRage-Shiny-reflections

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Here is an image in black and silver. Cripster got me to thinking about using black after trying it with colors I thought about doing is with silver.

copespeak
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous..... and so creative. :D

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks so very much Robyn! I just have lots of time to play with this.

Here are some beads that must be leftover from Mardi Gras. :D

cripster
02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Really cool i just don't how you come up with all these things, one day i'll get there i hope

Alexandra
02-24-2013, 11:25 PM
These are wonderful! I would have to print them off and use them for ornaments or decorations for wrappings!
A beautiful name card too...the ideas are endless. Very creative.:):):):):):):):):):):):)

coops
02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
These are all fantastic Aunt Betsy, you are soooooooooooo clever:)

Aunt_Betsy
02-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Thanks Graham! I've been at this for a lot of years so I have a lot of background information to draw from when it comes to using different digital tools. My first graphics program what Print Shop for my Commando 64. The 64 means 64K as in that's the amount of the on board memory it had. :D My current Laptop has 16GB of RAM. I've been doing some type of artwork almost my whole life. I had lots of art in high school and some private lessons after that. I'm also an Electronic Tech so I use to investigating things, it's like trouble shooting a circuit board that doesn't work right, you have to keep trying thing and seeing what works and what doesn't. Am also from a family of inventors so figuring out how things work and how to get the most of something is just in my blood. The first ArtRage I bought was maybe 2.5, but I had been doing vector and some type of raster graphics for sometime before that. My first version of CorelDraw was 3, it is currently at 16. So don't be discouraged, just keep learning new thing and your knowledge will accumulate.

Thank you so much Alexandra! I must admit I'm kind of stuck in the creating artwork but not doing product design mode. Sometimes I think I should just sell clipart to other designers on Zazzle and let them worry about putting designs on products. I made tons of elaborate heart designs with my stickers but only put up a few products on Zazzle. I put up a few on GCU but their approval process takes so long that I didn't make it for this Valentine's Day. What's amazing to me is that I make all these elaborate and complicated designs and put them on products, but my best selling item is a simple Happy Birthday stamp with balloons on it. Granted the balloons are vector created and fairly 3D with transparency but still the design is very simple. So I think I make elaborate artwork because I enjoy seeing what I can do.:D

Sometimes simple is better, here is a simple bow made with one of my metallic stickers and the symmetry tool with two segments.

Aunt_Betsy
02-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Thanks so much coops! It's kind of you to say so. Most the time I think of what I could be doing but don't.:D

hanzz
02-25-2013, 03:12 AM
The bow is brilliant. Great topic here !!

Aunt_Betsy
02-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks so much hanzz! I really appreciate your input.