PDA

View Full Version : Love Artrage 4

drawing4art
02-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Hi all,
Just recently upgraded to AR 4 and have to say that I absolutely love it, especially the symmetry tool. Being an artist who loves to create mandalas, getting identical matching halves of a design is going to be breeze now thanks to AR. I also create Zentangles, Zendoodles etc using pens and thought it would be fun to see if it could be done using AR 4. I was not sure if it would work as some of the patterns are very complex but I think with practice and getting the settings right on the Pen tool it wil be possible to recreate some of them
This is my first attempt on a black background using the pencil on the round and smooth setting to make funny squiqqly patterns, and again to do the repetitive patterns, the pen tool round and smooth ( i think ) to do the rest created with symmetry...great fun methinks, love it :)

Lindae
02-24-2013, 01:32 AM
This is lovely, very Lacey! L

J. Baker
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Very nice! I may have to upgrade to v4 myself. ;)

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Just beautiful!!! Great uses of the Symmetry Tool.

copespeak
02-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Very pretty and clever. Like lace! :D

Alexandra
02-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Gorgeous pattern.:):):):):):):):):):):)

coops
02-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Like a beautiful jewel, well done:)

drawing4art
02-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments, it is so much fun using it. I have a few more to share soon, a little more detail on these methinks :D

screenpainter
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
that's a winning image. beautiful result.

drawing4art
02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Another one, getting a bit more detailed now :) Loads of fun :D:D

justjean
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Great design and colours on both :)

Aunt_Betsy
02-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Outstanding!!! This really has gotten my creative mind in a whirl just thinking of all the possibilities.

drawing4art
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Just finished this one I think ;)

J. Baker
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Unable.. to turn head away.... it's like I'm hypnotized.. by.. beautiful... indian.. snow... flake.... must.. resist... detail. <-- My William Shatner impression.

Nice job! I like it a lot. ;)

Lima
02-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Gourgeous images.

hinket
02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
The first looked interesting, and I loved the second one.
But the third one made me think of spiders. Quick! Post another one,
please, to replace that image in my mind. :D:D:D

drawing4art
02-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Had another creative session today...should of been drawing dogs, but this is way too much fun and addictive. I just love spots and dots and use these on my painted stones that I do, so why not with the Sym tool:)I see a few bits that need cleaning up though.

Thanks for all the recent comments.

Mairzie Dotes
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
drawing4art,
What striking designs, reminiscent of the detailing
in decorative embroidery. :D

Aunt_Betsy
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Everything that you have posted in this thread is wonderful. I know it is hard to resist the Symmetry. :D

drawing4art
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Still experimenting with the sym tool and came up with this. I am addicted to creating patterns using line,shape and colour and this is the sort of stuff I do using my sharpies and inks on paper. I do like to have the shapes identical on opposite sides of a picture and for me this is where the sym tool really comes into its own :) I used ink pen tool primarily, but also the marker, crayon and pencil and the eraser to create some hightlights. The big orange and green feathers I used the harsh chaos knife to add some texture and left the edges rough to create the illusion of soft downy type feathers. All in all I had a lot of fun and will defintely be doing some stuff like this in different colours and styles.

Juz
03-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Plz tell me that you are considering getting some of these printed to fabric.
They are gorgeous !! :D

coops
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
These are all terrific well done:)

hinket
03-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Ahhh! The square mandala one is lovely, Drawing4art.

The rose pink portions look like velvet, and the bergundy, like satin,
and all on a star-filled background. :cool:

Bobbi
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Wow, you are having a great time with the symmetry tool. The one that I find most impressive is the face of the bird. The eyes are mesmerizing. Very well done.

drawing4art
03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Plz tell me that you are considering getting some of these printed to fabric.
They are gorgeous !! :D
Thank you Juz, maybe not directly on to fabric but this will go into my Zazzle shop, methinks it will look great splashed across a t shirt and other items too.

Thank you Bobbi,hinket,coops, Aunt_Betsy, Mairzie,Lima for all your kind comments....I am so loving Artrage and all that it can do, and find myself constantly experimenting....my creative mind is a whirl with ideas,patterns,colours and all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

drawing4art
03-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Still exploring the sym tool and settings and have come up with these. I love working in black/white and am sure that I will be doing some more like these with more complex zendoodle patterns.

pai
03-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Your mandala has a style. Somehow I see lots fo Native design and I love it. Especially the "Capture Owl" one. Beautiful color in it. I like owl a lot too :)

drawing4art
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Your mandala has a style. Somehow I see lots fo Native design and I love it. Especially the "Capture Owl" one. Beautiful color in it. I like owl a lot too :)

Thank you Pai :) I love using art noveau shapes and patterns from ancient civilisations as in greek,islamic,african,azetec,aboriginal,celtic etc, so much can be seen in these beautiful art forms, lines,patterns, swirls and curls :) When I am out and about camera in hand I try to record some of these styles that I may come across in old buildings, mostly churches which have beautiful stylings inside and out. Artrage has given me a new artistic lease of life, since developing arthritus in my hands I am no longer able to use my Coloured Pencils/ Graphite pencils anymore due to the pressure needed to create tone and texture in the type of art I did, which was Pet Portraiture.....now my stylus does it all for me :). Oh yes I have another Owl on the go, different colours and patterns on this one so will share soon...such wise old birds.:) In the meantime I have been beavering away on these three, the red one being my favourite as it is so blinking cold here in the UK, I needed some warm colours to remind me of the approaching Summer.

kenmo
03-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Very creative and distinct abstracts!!! Love 'em all....:cool::cool:

copespeak
03-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Just gorgeous!

scotchy21
03-27-2013, 09:30 AM
These are so beautiful. They are very inspirational. Thanks for sharing!!!:D

Tana123
03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
I love them all too!