PDA

View Full Version : one hot...one cold

moosie
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I couldn't decide so I did one of each lolol......as always your comments are appreciated ;) 73250 73251

coops
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Well done Moosie, you really have got the feeling of hot and cold in these two:)

copespeak
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Both good. Love the cool one. We're stinking hot in Oz at the moment. :cool:

limey-g
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Well done Moosie being in cold Canada i vote for the hot one, maybe it will melt our snow:)
Geoff

moosie
02-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Thank you Thank you:D... ...I have to say that after 40 years of living in northern Canada snow doesn't take much imagination lol ............ Tropical heat, on the other hand...well enough said lol ......now if my enter key would actually work in this forum I could have separate sentences instead of everything running together :p

D Akey
02-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Fabulous. Love the orange one owing to the subtlety. Really swell painting.

The blue one is nice as well. I would mind the point that the river creates lunging toward the tree's stomach, as it were. I think a good rule to consider is rather than creating a tangent or intersection of three major lines like that, you might consider raising the snowbank a little before the point touches the tree. It also keeps it from being a directional pointer that leads the eye. It's not uncommon to run into that kind of thing while painting and I always toss in a break to keep it from becoming an unwanted focal point. This is just a suggestion for composition. Otherwise it rocks.

I really love the new side of your painting you've been showing us. Shows that you have skills. How much have you painted before coming to ArtRage?

moosie
02-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Thank you :D I have absolutely no training or experience of any sort, have never even owned 'real' paint brushes ...this is all because of artrage :D

D Akey
02-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Then you're one quick study! Brava!

justjean
02-17-2013, 05:59 AM
moosie, they are both great and interesting, the snowy one looks like the view from my windows but then I like the cold snowy weather :D ArtRage is fun isn't it:)

Mairzie Dotes
02-17-2013, 11:10 PM
moosie,
You have well captured the contrast between hot summers
and frigid winters in these appealing paintings to the point
that I am now craving an ice cold Lemonade and a hot
steamy mug of Ovaltine ... both at the same tiime. ;) Well
painted! :D

Lindae
02-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Moosie, I think they're both"cool" (as in "first rate"!)! I think the tree looks like it conducting, with its branches positioned as arms, so the entire painting is becoming a story one could make up. The warm one is very inviting...I'm sure many who view it wish they were there! Good job. L

kenmo
02-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Very nice indeed....