PDA

View Full Version : AR4 script bug? ("merge result" option not available anymore)

MSIE
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
hy there :)

in ArtRage SP 3.5 I was able to deselect "Merge Result" when playing a script like dropshadow.arscript or cutout.arscript (both can be found in this forum, I didn't edit or change them).
in AR4 this option is not available anymore, which results in applying whatever the script does to the original layer.

as I am often not sure how the result will look like after playing the script, I used to deselect the option "merge result" which would then cause the script being applied to a copy of the original layer. I could then just delete this new layer when I was not satisfied with how the outcome looked like.

now I have to remember to copy my original layer each time before I play a script, so I don't have to undo all those steps the script did to get my original layer back. I find this a bit annoying, because I often forget to copy my original layer before playing a script ;)

it would be great if this could be changed to work the same way it did in AR3.5 :)
thanks!

AR3:

AR4:

DaveRage
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks for reporting this! I've taken a note of the problem so we can look into it.

DaveRage
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Just a quick update on this. We've solved this problem in our internal build and it should be fixed in our next update.

MSIE
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
yay! :) good to know, thanks for the feedback, keep up the good work :)