PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Symmetry

hinket
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
As soon as I had AR 4 installed, and imported all my resources (thanks to Matt Rage’s helpful Readme text included), I just had to play with the Symmetry tools.

Previously, in AR StudioPro, I created presets from Jeff’s Palette Knife settings for pencil blending.
Then, for some strange reason, I used them on Oil brush strokes of paint, to try them out. (Forgot completely that they were intended for Pencil!) :p
The results looked somewhat like a Rhododendron flower bud. So I wanted to see what the different colour combos would do as a sticker brush. And then I had some fun experimenting with those presets in the symmetry painting.
Next thing: learn to create an arpack with these. (Okay, maybe after AR4.01)

PS: If anyone wants the Palette knife presets for pencil blending (from Jeff’s settings) I can upload them. They can be used with both the flat and the edge knife.

Now to read a bit about the new stuff in the AR4 Manual, which I just found and saved to my Desktop. :)

kenmo
02-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Yup....love the new symmetry tool.... Nice playing too!!!!

coops
02-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Isnt it a great tool, nice work and well done:)

Lindae
02-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Just love Artrage! You can experiment with so much without one trip to the art supply store or outlays of cash! Neat experiment you came up with here! I must get that desktop version.

hinket
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for commenting. Kenmo, Coops, and Lindae.
Not much of a painting, but it was such fun trying it out. :D:D:D

Now wondering about that Clone Tool, maybe I can clone my cat! :cool: ;):D:D