PDA

View Full Version : Zebra stripes

Caesar
02-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Although I didn't use the peculiarity of the new ArtRage 4 features, here's a drawing experiment I made. Imaginary silhouette drawing and subsequent completion by chalk, airbrush and selection/ ink for the better outline the pencil lines.

D Akey
02-14-2013, 03:38 AM
Don't you think the dress is a wee bit too long? I mean if a lion should happen by, she'll have to bolt and doesn't want to get tangled up in all that drapery. . . ;)

Your drawings have gotten so accomplished. They seem refined and very descriptive -- the line is crisp and appropriate for a slender girl. Very well drawn. You still working from memory?

limey-g
02-14-2013, 04:15 AM
An interesting painting Caesar although I wish she was standing a little better, but I am sure that was intentional.
Geoff

chinapete
02-14-2013, 04:29 AM
hi Cesare, great drawing, and the tinted paper and border add a lot of interest! :)

Alexandra
02-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Haha Cesare, there I was thinking, I bet Cesare will draw a wonderful African landscape and a zebra running along, but no.....that is not a zebra. One beautiful lady there, and always beautifully drawn.;)

AT-TA
02-14-2013, 04:50 AM
It is always a pleasure to see your drawings Caesar and i like the ungarded posture it gives her more interest...love it. :)

Lindae
02-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Ceasar,
nice drawing! Your drawing skills keep getting better and better! Wow, wish I had legs that long! L

kenmo
02-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Very nice....:cool:

copespeak
02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
A very clever drawing Caesar. I came in expecting to see a zebra! :D :D :D

screenpainter
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
nice figure. I was also expecting the zebra stripes perhaps on a zebra or maybe an abstract. surprise!

justjean
02-14-2013, 09:49 AM
I thought animal at first also then I thought .. from caesar nah :D and then lo and behold a lovely lady, great drawing as always caesar

semd74
02-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Great drawing of this bowed leg woman !!

Caesar
02-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Should her drapery be even more scanty, I would ask myself the lion share, dear D Akey.;) I try to work from either memory or imagination whenever I can and intuitively enough to see what I can get by mere built-in lessons and speedy action. I'm still lokking for ways to improve outlines. Here I selected it from the sketch and inked it in. Next I'll try to set the ink pen to get nice lines as Tapirmalayo does. Thank You for Your fantastic compliments!

Dear Geoff, I tried to give her an informal standing position and I had to consider how to get a balanced one. Without a reference model that's what I got and the damsel is quite interesting to me too ...;) Thank You!

Thank You, dear Chinapete! As You say I needed some sort of packaging to add interest to a simple drawing after all.

That's wildlife too anyway, dear Sandra which wouldn't hopefully face extiction. :DLOL Thank You!

Dear Anna, my girls are a certainly less artistic and stilish and a little more naughty than the marvellous ones You depict, but I'm glad You like them too. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Lindae! I think very few have such long legs, if any. I elongated her a little bit, but fashion drawings and skwtching do so even more and there's also a classic master precedent for proportions departure, if You look at some Parmigianino's paintings.

Thank you, dear Kenmo!

... and someone else here supporting Juventus too thought I was going to celebrate the Old Lady winning on Celtic Glasgow at their stadium by 3-0, dear Copespeak ... but it wasn't so, she's a young lady instead!:D Thank You!

Dear Albert, my deceiving title was a dirty trick to attract interest without being discarded or jumped over by who got tired by my frequent feminine subject celebrations. Kidding. Thank You!

Well, dear Jean, we're all animals too after all, aren't we? I used to draw as much animals as people when I was a kid ... then I grew and the interest balance changed a little bit. LOL:o Thank You!

Dear Steve, nobody's perfect and these legs would be better for riding anyway, although I'm not sure she's a cowgirl from Texas. LOL:D Thank You!

coops
02-15-2013, 12:41 AM
She looks a little bit of a tease Cesare:). This isnt at all what I thought it was going to be by the title, such fun:)

Arjen Vriezekolk
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Well....
If it comes to paint beautifull women you're definitely a master..This is more than an experiment in my humble opinion!
Great work Ceasar, would love to see more... I'm learning from you!

Arjen

damasocl
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Concuerdo 100% con algunos comentarios: el vestido es demasiado largo. Yo le cortaría unos 5 á 10 cm.
Excepcional dibujo..., y como siempre, excepcional modelo!
(¿Dónde las consigues???)

I agree 100% with some comments: the dress is too long. I would cut about 5 to 10 cm.
Exceptional picture ... and as always, exceptional model!
(Where do you get them???)

Caesar
02-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I guess it's not exactly the same tease a zebra would cause to a lion, so not all stripes work the same, dear Katie. :o:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Arjen, for such a flattering comment. It's quite unbelievable what You say, but I think I may promise other drawings in the genre in the forthcoming future, although the drawing masters, when it comes at pencil and ink pen (as well as lighting, palette etc.), to me are Yourself, Nick Harris and a few others I had the honour to meet and enjoy in this Forum.

Dear Damaso, we only have to wait to have the dress water washed the first time and we would get the right length! LOL:D This model and most others of mine are right out of my mind, sometimes with inspiration from my memories or personal feature who may have struck my fantasy. Thank You!