PDA

View Full Version : Day is done..reworked

moosie
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
As always, your comments are much appreciated:D....first version..72960.....version (reworked).....72961

copespeak
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Very clever! The light the haze, the silhouettes. :D

D Akey
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
This could only be a mirage for someone with temps in the minus range. Either that or you're in Arizona?

Looking like a painted desert sunset. I'm waiting for the stars to come out.

By way of critique, you might want to manage the degree of soft focus in the different areas where they make sense. You have a really soft middle ground with the cactus being sharper focus and then in the very distance you have a super sharp line for the top of the hills. You may want to plot that kind of thing where you're representing a focal length that works for the whole picture. . . at least when you're approaching it from a realistic standpoint.

But I like it a lot.

eighty+
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi. Moosie. Better then icebergs. :D:D

justjean
02-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Very nice, looks like the end of a long hot day :):)

limey-g
02-09-2013, 03:16 AM
I like it, it looks very hot ,do you think if I look at it long enough it will melt all the snow from this nasty storm we are experiencing at the moment ? :)
Geoff

Lindae
02-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Lovely analogous color scheme which makes for the peace and calmness I receive from this painting! I agree with Aikey though about the hard and soft edges conveying the atmospheric perspective you are going for. This is such a lovely painting, the edge stuff is really not a bother. Just something to think about next go round maybe.

moosie
02-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks folks :D ...and just for you Mr. Akey..some snow :p 72962

Marilyn Anne
02-09-2013, 07:14 AM
It rewards your eyes for looking there without taking away from the main subjects of sun and cactus.

copespeak
02-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I like the reworked version as the blurring in the middle ground was not convincing. IMO, computerized blurring should be used sparingly in a traditional landscape painting, when reality is the goal.

Good job. :D

D Akey
02-09-2013, 02:57 PM
. . . now if I could have some gin and a hint of vermouth with that. Very refreshing as the second I looked at that snowy scene the temps dropped here. That's life imitating art, I would say.

I think the focus change is brilliant. Don't you think? It holds together a lot better I think and gives the impression in a seamless way as you no doubt intended. Brava!

chinapete
02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
moosie, for what it's worth, I also like the snow scene, where the softening seems less of a blurring than a natural diffusion of light, and the near-monochromatic palette says that it has been a long day of unchanging mood ...

screenpainter
02-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Like the reworked one much better for the detail in the rocks. Also liked the snow scene. It does have a very Asian look to it.