PDA

View Full Version : Flow tree (flow chart disguised as a tree)

blue_fairy
02-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi all,
I'm B.lue F.airy, mom of 2 (aged 4 and 2). I have too many hobby's.... Today I picked up drawing again. I drew a bit of Manga in my puberty/adolescent years.
I'm a Pagan and I'm drawing up a flow chart for a course a friend of mine teaches, Tarot Systemic Constellations. A flowchart often comes in handy, but they're also incredibly dull. So I decided to make a fun drawing out of it.
One thing led to another, I searched for and ultimately found my ancient Wacom (Sapphire) tablet but...... without the pen... So I had to go into a store and buy a new one (don't you just hate it when that happens) since just a pen is almost exactly the amount of money a new tablet costs.
Then I discovered it included this really cool Art Rage program! I'm absolutely not the best drawer in the world. But I can draw to an example and I was thrilled to find out there is this option in Art Rage where you can draw over an existing photo etc.
So, that's what I did. I drew a tree. And conveniently placed the picture to draw over it in the program. I don't know yet how this will eventually evolve in the kind of thing I imagine it to be. But kind remarks, ideas and critque is very much welcomed.

blue_fairy
02-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Hmmm I can't insert links in my messages (yet?) Let's see if this attaching works.....

copespeak
02-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Welcome! Good job, you're getting the hang of it already. Keep going! :D

hypotaxis
02-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Looking good. Nice lines!

Brett

justjean
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Great beginnings and looking forward to seeing more :)

blue_fairy
02-04-2013, 04:00 AM
Thanks! I'm amazed about the accessability of this program! It's so easy to draw!

limey-g
02-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Welcome ,your drawing is looking good.
Geoff

blue_fairy
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
The tree is growing. As I said; I wanted to combine a flowchart and a tree/forestlike environment.

blue_fairy
02-13-2013, 02:38 PM

A bit further down the road. Next I'm going to work at the right side of the tree. Then I'm adding forest creatures (that's the list on the left).