PDA

View Full Version : Woman in green

Gms9810
02-02-2013, 11:41 PM
4:30 am. My first attempt at drawing a person. I guess it's not bad but I really enjoy drawing. Her mouth is a bit crooked but the photo was too, it was a mug shot and she wasn't happy. I do not like watercolors.
I can post the original if anyone wants to compare. This is George, signing off. My addiction is turning me into a zombie. PS: I have a terrible time trying to draw hair.

Alexandra
02-03-2013, 01:17 AM
I love her expression. If you feel you are having difficulties or need help in an area, I enjoy learning from artists on you tube. Also there are various mates here that are very talented with wc. Cesare I think uses them for most of his portraits. I believe layering in each area helps as well, but I am not the best to give advice-still trying to get there-lol.

limey-g
02-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Its a good effort, hair is always a difficult one to do and I think you need to have a variety of shades in the main colours underneath before you draw in the actual hair.
Geoff

coops
02-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Very nicely done:)

Gms9810
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I love her expression. If you feel you are having difficulties or need help in an area, I enjoy learning from artists on you tube. Also there are various mates here that are very talented with wc. Cesare I think uses them for most of his portraits. I believe layering in each area helps as well, but I am not the best to give advice-still trying to get there-lol.

Yes I agree, I spend several hours a day finding and downloading tutorials there. I used 4 layers on this one, I'm a big on using layers.

Gms9810
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Its a good effort, hair is always a difficult one to do and I think you need to have a variety of shades in the main colours underneath before you draw in the actual hair.
Geoff
This time I made several brushes just the way I wanted them, it made a big difference.

justjean
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
A good start on your lady :)