PDA

View Full Version : Through the window

coops
02-01-2013, 03:04 AM

Hope you enjoy this second Art Deco.:)

chinapete
02-01-2013, 03:37 AM
... coops, it's very elegant, and somehow reminds me that I've always wanted to live in a round room, like a spacious tower, many famous artists have done this, square rooms are rather boring... also the colors are very muted, as in spring, and the pearls cleverly have been reversed, and speak of romantic longing ... especially to be admired is the rendering of the flowering bush that can be seen through the window .. :) ps: this has a Japanese feel, the Chinese have a "moon gate" that serves as a door or passageway in a garden ...

limey-g
02-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Well Katie you are excellent at these art deco paintings, great composition.
Geoff

Alexandra
02-01-2013, 05:06 AM
Beautiful Katie!!!!!

D Akey
02-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Stylish! I love her waspy-waisted hour glass figure! The hour glass shape and her looking out the window implies waiting for me. Observation. Bird in a gilded cage.

I mean this isn't the same, clearly, but it reminds me a little of the Kundun (?) or one of those movies about the Dalai Lama that showed him around 1920 (?) in which he was perched in a tall building window with a telescope observing the world from a remote place. His eyes were the eyes of compassion and enlightenment.

Your figure has a little of that kind of feel for me. She feels like from a strata of refinement, a view through a window that sorts things into beautiful designs. It's as if her window frame is the picture frame with a grid almost like the one an artist might use. Structure, order and elegance seem to be the rule here.

Very tight composition. I like it a lot. Well done, Ms Coops.

kenmo
02-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Beautiful beyond words....:o

Caesar
02-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Another marvellous illustration! I don't know why, but I guess it would be much fun and pleaure for You to dress that way.
Not going too much back in our architecture history, the round window made me think of quite a few buildings made in Italy in the WWII pre-war decade or so (20ies and 30ies), having parts with curved walls and shapes, helicoidal stairs and occasionally round windows too, inspired to and reminding naval geometries.
In most cases they had flats where urbanized people actually lived, thus were different enough from other massive institutional buildings and official architectures, somehow decorated with big statues, built to show power and national pride.

RobertSWade
02-01-2013, 06:36 AM
The Princess of Petals has embarked on a new tear and, as is her wont, she will "chew up the scenery" once again. Hold tight to the sides of the roller coaster car as we scream with delight on this new and exciting ride.

Marilyn Anne
02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
She is so elegant.

copespeak
02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Another beautiful painting.

justjean
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Katie, looks like it's going to be another wonderous series, it is a beautiful painting :)

damasocl
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Fantastic, dear coops...!
As always your paintings are synonymous with subtlety and charm.;)

semd74
02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
A beautiful painting and wonderful composition...although her pearls seem to be on backwards HAHA

pat1940
02-02-2013, 03:27 AM
Katie, love how you use a color, modichromatic and do such a beautiful job, so delicate and beautiful

Chris_Paris
02-02-2013, 03:49 AM
A nice piece of art.
Congratulations.
Chris

Lindae
02-02-2013, 07:01 AM
So reminiscent of Erte! Love the complimenting triangles of her upper and lower body! Another lovely piece!

coops
02-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Chinapete, thank you for your colourful and kind comments:)
Thank you Geoff and Sandy, you are very kind:)
Dear Mr Akey, thank you once again for your painterly, kind words. You really do make me smile:)
Thank Kenmo really appreciate yout comments:)
Cesare, thanks dear friend for you comments and the posted photos.:)
Thanks Roberts and YES there will be more lol:)
Marilyn Anne, Copespeak, Jean, damasocl, Steve, Pat, Chris and Lindae, your kind comments are really appreciated:)

silvy
02-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Very refined and elegant
Really a good job dear:)

blue_fairy
02-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Very elegant woman, I love how she holds her cigarette

coops
02-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Thank you so much Silver and Blue-fairy for your kind comments:)