PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of Confucius

chinapete
01-31-2013, 06:04 AM
Imitating the patina on antique bronze statue portraits of Confucius ... from pencil sketches drawn on site, recast on iPhone 5 in pencil with oil overlays and mounted on paper ...

eighty+
01-31-2013, 06:09 AM
HI Pete Yep It Looks just Him :D :D :D :p SLAINTE

chinapete
01-31-2013, 07:00 AM
haha, eighty+, I know you go a long way back, but I never thought ... well, then, it's good to have an eyewitness account :) ...

eighty+
01-31-2013, 07:23 AM
hi Pete just had another look .......Looks like two big Boobs :D:D:D

OK Just tried to do an Apple scuse my memory long time no see but I knew you were fond of them but I'm not sure wether its a cherry / Tomato / or Apple :D:D:D

Your guess is as good as mine :confused::cool::D SLAINTE

chinapete
01-31-2013, 07:49 AM
... so the Rorschach test really works!:) ... I think yours, like mine is fusion art: a cherry tomato!:)

eighty+
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Cool Man Cool ;) :D:D:D

chinapete
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
well, now that my Confucius has gone bust, so to speak, I'll have to start another thread ...

hypotaxis
01-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Imitating the patina on antique bronze statue portraits of Confucius ... from pencil sketches drawn on site, recast on iPhone 5 in pencil with oil overlays and mounted on paper ...
And it makes a truly beautiful paper, Pete. I hope it's OK for me to use it this way.

Thanks

Brett

chinapete
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
I think it holds up well when exploded like that :) ... those are pretty potent Chinese symbols, did you know that the three wavy lines suggest the ancient Chinese character for water? ...

ps, I guess maybe you do, I see you've changed your sig line ...

hypotaxis
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
I think it holds up well when exploded like that :) ... those are pretty potent Chinese symbols, did you know that the three wavy lines suggest the ancient Chinese character for water? ...

ps, I guess maybe you do, I see you've changed your sig line ...
Yes it holds up really beautifully. I thought so anyway. It really is an exquisite paper.

No I didn't know about the symbol for water. In zen the moon is often the soul; it reflects the sun as our souls reflect the universe (universal), and water is the eternal yin, the softness that wears away the hardest, seeps into the deepest parts, the woman in us all. And the salmon and the fly are the life cycle that goes on and on and ...

I have had the sig block for a while and I use it every now and then :-)

I very much admire the work you do.

Brett

copespeak
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Beautiful paper, and enjoy the interchange of thoughts. :D

D Akey
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
"Yeah. . . big boobs. . . definitely. . . boobs. . ." <as said by Rainman> :D:D:D:D:D

Now you know why in Confuscus' I Ching they're called "Change Lines". If the artist's can not make said change, fetch hither a Writer such that we may change that line.

"So there I was, looking at this Art, and I said to meself, "What is largely in evidenced is the Female Principle. . . yeah. . . definitely. . . so big. . . yeah definitely. . . but I digress. . ."

You see how the concept flows now.

hypotaxis
01-31-2013, 11:53 AM
You see how the concept flows now.

"panta rei" :-)

chinapete
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I suppose if I could graft on one of moosie's or grayflo's triangles I could work up something that might not be rejected in afternines ... :)

justjean
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
I think I failed the Rorschach test cause I see a map, but then I never did say I had much imagination :D

Caesar
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
... a large portion of him at least, in a quite meditative attitude.
From a rendering point of view and style, this face curiously reminded me somehow of the holy shroud.