PDA

View Full Version : First time with ArtRage - Local hills in spring

ca_jkb
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum and I'm looking for constructive criticism and feedback on what to do in improving my first "painting" using ArtRage. I was trying to go for an impressionistic / expressionistic technique using this program. Any (brutally honest) advice on colors, form, or composition would be extremely appreciated!

Chris_Paris
01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Hi.
Well ... for a first attempt ..... it is very good, very well shaped.

If y may suggest one thing :
I would blur and light a little bit the hills in the background just to reinforce the depth of the painting.
But again : this is a very nice peace.
Chris

ca_jkb
01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback and compliments! Yeah I just tried upping the brightness of the background and that does distance the it and add depth. Thanks!

Silver Arrow
02-04-2013, 05:29 AM
72809This was my fist drawing with ArtRAge, I'm pretty new as well. I often use the ink pen and airbrush for my drawings. Tips would be appreciated! Great job by the way.

screenpainter
02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
that is magnificent. there is no critique necessary. phenomenal work. beautiful art. just keep doing what you are doing. amazing! you are already way beyond most of us. I didn't add this to my favorite artrage artists, I added it to my favorite contemporary artists. It's that good.

copespeak
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Ditto! It's a beauty!

Silver arrow .... start a new thread under your name, and you will get responses. Look forward to seeing more of your work. :D

screenpainter
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
good call Robyn. this should definitely be posted in the main gallery here (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?10-Gallery) if it hasn't already and it will surely get a lot of comments.

Silver Arrow
02-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the notification everyone, I'm looking foward to posting more.:D

Aunt_Betsy
02-20-2013, 06:08 AM
This is a wonderful painting! I would agree with Chris on making the hills in the back a little more distant. I don't know the location but it reminds me of the Badlands of South Dakota. I hope to see more of your work soon.