PDA

View Full Version : The Doors

Tonyjazz
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Jose Feliciano, a fellow native from Puerto Rico from the town of Lares, did a cover of Jim Morrison's famous tune Light My Fire and I always have been inspired by that arrangement. I had the honor of meeting him on a new years concert once. 9 grammy awards and a fine musician I was dumbstruck to hear the audience say " Why doesn't he sing in Spanish" when he was playing a Bee Gees tune "To Love Somebody".......that irked me a lot and also followed me in my own musical career. I live in a spanish culture and play 50% english tunes. It's not easy but, I still forge on playing what I do best......and when asked why I play so many tunes in English I simply say: " Because I can....."..... story behind this tribute to Jim Morrison...
TJ

justjean
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
A lovely tribute to your friend

RobertSWade
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
In his all too short time on this planet he was/is one of my favorites. Such an outstanding voice and visionary word-smith. He was a poet clad in the armour of a simple singer and we were all at a loss for not seeing that at the time.
Love the image, Tony. I'm sure he would agree.

D Akey
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM
I imagine being a musician at that time was like no other experience -- walking with legends who may or may not had yet become such must have been interesting -- having impressions based on who they were at street level. Cool image. I like the symbolism.

Yeah, language in Babylon. . . another legend.

coops
01-29-2013, 11:25 PM
WOW this is such a moving painting, one of your best Tony:)

limey-g
01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
A lovely painting Tony, so well done.
Geoff

pat1940
01-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Hi Tony, I too was a fan, the first time I seen him on TV many years ago, I thought he was a wonderful musician, love this painting, very nice tribute

kenmo
01-30-2013, 03:28 AM
A fine tribute to Jim Morrison and the Doors.... Now I hear LA Woman song playing in my head....

Alexandra
01-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Beautiful tribute to such an iconic person Tony.

Donlaczi
01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Beautiful work. Beautiful tribute to your friend.

Lima
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Certainly you can, Tony...that inovidable arrangement... and 9 grammys!!! Sir, your painting is spectacular. Jim opens the door... however, the symbolism of the lightning door jamb and the framed galloping horse with his trail of dust is astonishingly intriguing... but certainly (or maybe not) fits in your remembrance. Nice, very nice...

chinapete
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
tonyjazz, thanks for this ... I grew up in the South Bronx listening to Tito Puente, Mongo Santamaria, La Lupe and the Chiffons lived in my neighborhood ... did you know them also? ...

silvy
01-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Great!!:d:d:d

Tonyjazz
02-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Thanks all for the fine comments, I'm honored. His music lives on. I am amazed that I can re-live some of those moments using Artrage to create these paintings.
China Pete: I haven't had the honor of meeting the artists you mentioned but, I know their music very well and have some of their tunes in my repertoire....thanks......................TJ