PDA

View Full Version : A boy

mochuelin
01-29-2013, 11:29 AM
My first portrait in colour

Expect you like.

RobertSWade
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I try hard not to bring money into these comments but, I have to say, there are parents around the world who would gladly pay for a portrait of their child done in this wonderful style. There is so much hopefullness and potential in this child's eyes. He seems to see all of the promise that the world can bring and how he can help in that.

Mairzie Dotes
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
mochuelin,
There is nothing more fulfilling than experiencing the wonder
joy and love of having a son and you have defined this
human experience wonderfully in this charming portrait. Love
everything about it! :D

mochuelin
01-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I try hard not to bring money into these comments but, I have to say, there are parents around the world who would gladly pay for a portrait of their child done in this wonderful style. There is so much hopefullness and potential in this child's eyes. He seems to see all of the promise that the world can bring and how he can help in that.

Dear RobertSWade:
you're the second person that today say me the same thing, the first one was the father of this boy, but I have some problems to get money from this work, I'm not a professional in art, I only do this for fun, and the second one is that I don't know put price to my creations. This is a gift, and now I'm working in another one, the sister of this boy, I promised to his father to do both of them. It's a very hopeful comment, I was thinking it isn't a good job, because nobody say any... but now I feel happy reading your words, if you're interested in seeing the picture original, and the progress, you can see this link (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?43038-A-boy)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

mochuelin
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
mochuelin,
There is nothing more fulfilling than experiencing the wonder
joy and love of having a son and you have defined this
human experience wonderfully in this charming portrait. Love
everything about it! :D

Oh Mairzie Dotes:

you have said a lovelly and wonderful thing... I don't have children. But I can feel this love in all the parents around me. Thank you for your fantastic comment.

justjean
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
A lovely painting of a handsome young fellow

mochuelin
01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
A lovely painting of a handsome young fellow

Thank you very much for your comment, really he's a handsome boy.

RobertSWade
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Most of what are now recognized as the world's great artists died in poverty and lacking any recognition. This is why I hesitate to bring money into any discussion concerning art. Figuratively speaking, the world's gutters are littered with the corpses of dead artists who were never recognized in their time. Caesar can tell you all about Caravaggio and how his remarkable works went unnoticed in his lifetime while speaking so profoundly down through the ages.
Do what you love doing because you love doing it.

mochuelin
01-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Most of what are now recognized as the world's great artists died in poverty and lacking any recognition. This is why I hesitate to bring money into any discussion concerning art. Figuratively speaking, the world's gutters are littered with the corpses of dead artists who were never recognized in their time. Caesar can tell you all about Caravaggio and how his remarkable works went unnoticed in his lifetime while speaking so profoundly down through the ages.
Do what you love doing because you love doing it.

Hum... you're making me to think... hehehe. Well, always I do jokes saying that when I have no money to live I'll go to the street and I'll paint on the soil with colored chalk, sometimes the people give you some coins... out of jokes: I paint because I like, and to pass the time in hospital, I'm ill, and I'm so bored here. I feel the freedom when I'm painting, and it makes the time pass quickly.
For me the payment are your comments and to know that the parents of the boy are happy with this gift.

coops
01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
What a beautiful portrait and so well painted. Children as so precious and so is this painting:)

limey-g
01-30-2013, 01:10 AM
A lovely portrait of the handsome young fellow, nice job on the hair.
Geoff

D Akey
01-30-2013, 04:36 AM
I agree with everyone else. It's a wonderful job. Glad you are having so much success with it. I think the details of pattern in the hair and shirt compliment the smoothness of the skin quite nicely. Bravo!

mochuelin
01-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Thank you very much to all, I like the details, my style is in this way, I must put all the little things that I can see. Thank you for see my paint and for your comments. You're great.

Caesar
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
He looks a little frightened, but the portrait is fantastic!

silvy
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Wonderful portrait:)

damasocl
01-31-2013, 03:49 AM
Mochuelin:
Acá en Chile tenemos la obra de Roberto Bravo, pintor del hiper realismo.
Pero, en verdad este retrato que has pintado supera, a mi juicio, la pincelada de Bravo.
Quedé sorprendido cómo lograste la textura del tejido, el cual no deja lugar a dudas que es lana!!!
Has heredado buena parte del dominio de la textura de Velazquez!
Mis felicitaciones..., eres un gran dibujante y retratista.

mochuelin
01-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Pero!! qué comentario tan maravilloso me has dejado!!!, te aseguro que me ha animado muchísimo, porque nadie, en otros foros, ha tenido una buena palabra para mi trabajo, de hecho la crítica ha sido feroz porque es un trabajo digital.
Es mi primer retrato a color, este es mi segundo retrato, el primero fue un autoretrato en blanco y negro, puedes verlo en mi galería, así que este es mi segundo retrato. He sido muy feliz haciéndolo, ahora mismo estoy con mi tercer retraro, en las ección de Trabajos en progreso puedes evrlo, se llama: a girl, es la hermana de este chico. Espero que puedas verlo.
Efectivamente es lana, pero es demasiado pensar en Velázquez, ese GRANDE. Yo no sé ni como usar las herramientas del programa y cuando pinto de manera 'no digital' solo uso lápices de colores y poco más. Mi técnica intenta ser realista, porque es como me gusta el arte, no he visto mucho de ese estilo por aquí, por lo que me siento un poco fuera de juego, envidio las cosas que ahcen otros, soy incapaz.

Conozco la obra de un chileno hiperrealista, se llama Bravo, pero su nombre es Claudio, no sé si te referirás a él, pero si consideras que lo he superado, me parece que me estás tratando demasiado bien, porque ese era un grandísimo artista.

De cualquier modo, MUCHAS GRACIAS!, de verdad, me has animado mucho a continuar con mi estilo de arte y cuando tenga una buena colección intentaré exponerla. Los padres de los niños me autorizan a ello, es lo único que les pido como pago.

Gracias Dámaso, gracias.

Mochuelin:
Acá en Chile tenemos la obra de Roberto Bravo, pintor del hiper realismo.
Pero, en verdad este retrato que has pintado supera, a mi juicio, la pincelada de Bravo.
Quedé sorprendido cómo lograste la textura del tejido, el cual no deja lugar a dudas que es lana!!!
Has heredado buena parte del dominio de la textura de Velazquez!
Mis felicitaciones..., eres un gran dibujante y retratista.

mochuelin
01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Wonderful portrait:)

Thank you very much Silvy. :)

mochuelin
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
He looks a little frightened, but the portrait is fantastic!

Jeje caesar, it's like he was... he doesn't like photographs... In a few days he's going to be 5... is so young. Thank you very much for your comment

Marumaar
02-02-2013, 03:27 AM
It captures that particular emotion, that particular attitude some kids have when discovering the world :)

RobertSWade
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Marumaar, I wish I'd said it that way. Well stated.

mochuelin
02-02-2013, 10:56 AM
It captures that particular emotion, that particular attitude some kids have when discovering the world :)

Thank you for your comment, it's great, and of course... he has all the future for him now, to discover all the word!

mochuelin
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Marumaar, I wish I'd said it that way. Well stated.

Jejeje, you're the best!!