PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Moonrise

gxhpainter2
01-27-2013, 02:28 PM
tonight is a full moon and it is hanging over the rimrock mesa's around me..

chinapete
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
... I was just thinking I didn't have words enough for Harlequin, and now you've launched another amazing night piece :)

D Akey
01-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I get the shimmer of moonlight shattered and dusted over a marina, as if the wet sandy bottom is laid bare at low tide. Has an interesting chaotic quality. Shows this scenario to me in unexpected ways. . . I perceive a weakness for ships brought about by a low tide wherein orderliness and attempted efficiency no longer dominate the wild natural force. . . This is the time when the moon rules. Ships with deep droughts are mired and must rest and recompose themselves until the conditions are more conducive to movement, for logic. This is the rule of the surface skimmers and mud skippers.

copespeak
01-27-2013, 04:29 PM
The coolness of the moonlight,and the occasional warm colours here and there. I just don't get tired of looking at your paintings!

Docsmith626
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Not the first time the desert has been compared to the sea, or the great mesas to grounded ships. The unifier is the moonlight.

RobertSWade
01-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Very evocative of cave art, lithography, and cuneiform. Monolith, trilithon, pyrimid, "Catherine wheel"... I'm sure I've missed others. Will look good on any wall.

coops
01-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Reminds me of a harbour with the night moon shimmering on the water, well done once again Gary:)

chinapete
01-28-2013, 01:58 AM
gary I was up at 4:30a and caught the moon peeping over Portland...

pat1940
01-28-2013, 02:42 AM
I see this moon shimmering of all the beautiful colors, very beautiful

screenpainter
01-28-2013, 03:18 AM
great rhythms, patterns and textures and color. success.

justjean
01-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Great shapes and textures and Gary you see the world in such interesting ways

gxhpainter2
01-28-2013, 06:08 AM
... I was just thinking I didn't have words enough for Harlequin, and now you've launched another amazing night piece :) chinapete, thanks and I love the picture of the moon peeking out of the clouds and trees in Portland. I will confess that I was so taken my the beautiful grays of your lotus flower it was one of the motivations for this work.

I get the shimmer of moonlight shattered and dusted over a marina, as if the wet sandy bottom is laid bare at low tide. Has an interesting chaotic quality. Shows this scenario to me in unexpected ways. . . I perceive a weakness for ships brought about by a low tide wherein orderliness and attempted efficiency no longer dominate the wild natural force. . . This is the time when the moon rules. Ships with deep droughts are mired and must rest and recompose themselves until the conditions are more conducive to movement, for logic. This is the rule of the surface skimmers and mud skippers. thanks D Akey, interesting that you picked up on the ships!...

The coolness of the moonlight,and the occasional warm colours here and there. I just don't get tired of looking at your paintings! thank you and fine praise from you :o, as I greatly admire your work.

Not the first time the desert has been compared to the sea, or the great mesas to grounded ships. The unifier is the moonlight. Docsmith always a pleasure to have a painting gather a comment from you.:)

Very evocative of cave art, lithography, and cuneiform. Monolith, trilithon, pyrimid, "Catherine wheel"... I'm sure I've missed others. Will look good on any wall. yes I love lithographs and the way you can work with line and color and litho crayons.

Reminds me of a harbour with the night moon shimmering on the water, well done once again Gary:) thank you Katie

gary I was up at 4:30a and caught the moon peeping over Portland... see previous, a beautiful photo and captures the essence of what I wanted in this nightscape.

I see this moon shimmering of all the beautiful colors, very beautiful thank you Pat

great rhythms, patterns and textures and color. success. ah Albert so happy that this captured your discerning eye with its calligraphic elements

Great shapes and textures and Gary you see the world in such interesting ways Justjean, I have had the experience that art shapes what and how I see the world around me, when I was doing landscapes I could see the scene in front of me as I would an oil painting or watercolor, and now that I have been doing abstracts for so long I see it as an arrangement of light, dark, color and shape that is unending in its variety and complexity and all I have to do is capture a small part of it.

Docsmith626
01-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Gary, Like Orian's sunsplashed images, your work can be enjoyed simply for the shapes and colors, but to really "get" it, the viewer must put some effort into learning a new way of seeing.

Caesar
01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
One of Your best, dear gary. And what a palette ...

Alexandra
01-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Great work Gary, always amazing and always new!

Bobbi
01-29-2013, 03:26 AM
Do you ever frame these and hang them on the wall? I can see this one centered on a stark blue gray wall with a silver frame.