PDA

View Full Version : Harliquin Dream

gxhpainter2
01-27-2013, 07:54 AM
a harsh laugh in the night... bright colors and gaiety splash in the dream.

D Akey
01-27-2013, 08:09 AM
This one really makes sense to me. It all fits. Bravo! One of your best. Love the ratio of geometry to organic shapes.

copespeak
01-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Yes! You look at it for a while, and there so many great areas to look at. Love the stars, they're a surprising edition, and they really work.

pat1940
01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Gary, so interesting and what a fantastic job, so much to look at there

justjean
01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Gary, as you know I do not understand abstract, do you start these off with a plan in your mind or just go higgly piggly. I really feel I'm missing something by not understanding them and when I look at one sometimes I have a first impression another time I will think of words that come to mind while I'm look like this one today I thought spontainious (sp?) joy :)

semd74
01-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Nice...I think one of your best efforts

gxhpainter2
01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
This one really makes sense to me. It all fits. Bravo! One of your best. Love the ratio of geometry to organic shapes. D Akey thanks the ratio of the geometric form to organic is 3.14168 :rolleyes:..

Yes! You look at it for a while, and there so many great areas to look at. Love the stars, they're a surprising edition, and they really work. dear copespeak thanks, glad you found the introduction of the stars effective. given the subject I felt that they were called for.

Gary, so interesting and what a fantastic job, so much to look at there thanks dearest Pat always fun to have you comment.

Gary, as you know I do not understand abstract, do you start these off with a plan in your mind or just go higgly piggly. I really feel I'm missing something by not understanding them and when I look at one sometimes I have a first impression another time I will think of words that come to mind while I'm look like this one today I thought spontainious (sp?) joy :) justjean to answer your question yes I always have a plan, and an idea when I start, I get abstract visual images and let them move around and change sometimes for days. That said I do take advantage of happy accidents and the ability in digital work to use layers and undo's until I get it right. Abstracts for me always have a basic origin from nature and I go for frequent walks with my dog and ideas and shapes come from that, and music. I guess for my work you could think of looking at nature thru a kaleidoscope, and I move size, and perspective around the elements until they build what I feel are pleasant and balanced colors, shapes and textures. I don't know if my explanations help but I did paint realistically for decades before I started experimenting with abstract form..although on this forum I have only presented the abstract.

Nice...I think one of your best efforts thanks so much Steve.

Mairzie Dotes
01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
gxhpainter,
I hesitate to think that you attended this high spirited, merry
making (and not to mention effervescent!) festivity and forgot
to invite the rest of us. ;)

This spunky abstract is literally dancing with lively colors and
sassy energy as if in the mist of celebrating a painterly Marti
gras. A distinctive, creative well done piece! :D

chinapete
01-27-2013, 03:07 PM
gary, you've said it well in your answer to jean ... as soon as you mentioned the full moon, I went to the window, but could see only a halo of light illuminating the clouds ... I guess the puppy is a dog now and can go for walks? :)

gxhpainter2
01-28-2013, 06:20 AM
gxhpainter,
I hesitate to think that you attended this high spirited, merry
making (and not to mention effervescent!) festivity and forgot
to invite the rest of us. ;)

This spunky abstract is literally dancing with lively colors and
sassy energy as if in the mist of celebrating a painterly Marti
gras. A distinctive, creative well done piece! :D

Mairzie...oooohhh so sorry I was so caught up with the merriment I forgot to send out invites...:rolleyes:.. next time for sure :)

gary, you've said it well in your answer to jean ... as soon as you mentioned the full moon, I went to the window, but could see only a halo of light illuminating the clouds ... I guess the puppy is a dog now and can go for walks? :) cp... yes he is 1yr old and full grown but still has that puppy spirit of playfullness and physical exuberance on walks along the river...:cool:

justjean
01-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Gary, I would love to see the world the way you do I only see what is there or what I think I'm seeing :D:D

screenpainter
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Gary, really loving the tactile fabric like textures. Also the color. great piece.

Marilyn Anne
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi, I must have missed this one somehow. It has so much fun in it. All kind of things dancing around. Hope you know I was playing when I posted my twelve year old golden and her toys. I was just as I said saying that my dog would love to play with yours.