PDA

View Full Version : The upcoming electoral storm

Caesar
01-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi dear all!
We're about to have general political (and many local administration) elections in little more than a month from now.
Everybody's moving, campaigning etc. and this time we have a more varied, picturesque and grotesque show than we usually have also for our standards (which, since ever, takes us far apart from all other comparable democratic countries).
I'm therefore having much fun with my family and friends whipping the political characters around.
I apologize they're national ones and nobody would know them, apart our internationally renown (politician or comedian?) Silvio Berlusconi, but after all politics in any country is by far a local matter, since just a bunch of them are internationally known or care far beyond their nose and their electors.
Therefore I won't try to explain the "underground" (which would take a small book) and translate the words, I would just introduce You these guys drawings carried out in a quite speedy way thanks to Artrage pencil and two or three pencil custom settings which made me draw these vignettes in a most efficient way and effectively enough not to really need too care or detail touches etc.

eighty+
01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One If in doubt Look in MY eyes ...... you'll see A man who you can Trust :eek: ;) :D :D :D.......STATTE BBONE Si Si

Caesar
01-24-2013, 01:58 AM
LOL!:D Dear ATPlus the old. Actually he doesn't look like Cameron so .... is he Chamberlain perhaps? (or maybe De Gaulle?);)LOL

eighty+
01-24-2013, 07:08 AM
...........tut tut Caesar a conman, they call themselves Politicians nowadays :) :D :D

limey-g
01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
I like the sketches Caesar, very well done.
Geoff

copespeak
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
They're great Caesar! So much character in the faces. I only recognise Berlusconi, and he's terrific. Good job! :D

D Akey
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Brilliant drawings, but everything's misspelled. :p

Yeah, Caesar, you are a cartoonist at heart. You think in those terms, every bit. You draw fast, from your imagination (unless a portrait I assume), you are a thinker, you have a wry and sometimes broad sense of humor, and you have a bit of the picador in you. Bravo.

Alexandra
01-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Always a blast Cesare, even though I am unable to understand the words, the drawings are hilarious. What a talent!

Caesar
01-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Dear ATPlus, it looks like a most relevant issue for politicians over there is to either keep or go out of Europe, with a referendum maybe.
So You're possibly waiting for the next accelerated continental drift departure to leave, as soon as You have sawed Northern Ireland to follow your archipelago ... LOL;)

Thank You, dear Geoff! My creativity is a little dry recently while political event makes us all angry and frustrated, but gives also plenty of reasons to laugh, get amused and use irony or sarcasm, so ...

Dear Copespeak, Berlusconi is re-founding the threatre of absurd in these days. His past performance and gags don't match those of these days. Here he's imitating a past, most loved and unique comedian and comic actor we had in Italy in the 50ies and 60ies, Antonio De Curtis, alias Totò. If it weren't for the language barrier, an excessive commercial use of his surprising form of wit and word playing, he would rank among the best, like Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Stan and Ollie, Jacques Tati or Peter Sellers.
Thank You.

Thank You, dear D Akey! I would fully subscribe all that You say. Anytime I have some creativity crisis or lack of some sudden passion for this or that other master, I retreat into drawing and my somehow peculiar form of humor. So they're not portraits, although I reviewed pictures of them to check on characteristic features grabbing, a little more the physical and psychological masks I see them wearing perhaps.

Dear Sandra, unfortunately vignette words alone, even translated better than with google, cannot explain and amuse, but partially, so I didn't want to be tedious with long explanations and left to drawing the transmission of the visula part of my humor. Thank You!

Vladislav
01-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Great sketch! ¶

damasocl
01-26-2013, 02:49 AM
I agree with Vladislav: GREAT SKETCHS!!!!!

pat1940
01-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Caesar, these are all great sketches, the expressions are so interesting, you are a real pro at this, well done

Caesar
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Thank You very much, dear Vladislav, Damaso and Pat!

justjean
01-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Caesar, good to see your wonderful sketches of the politicians and one assumes that they are all upstanding righteous fellows :D

Lima
01-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Very nice, Caesar... really sharp stuff.

Mairzie Dotes
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Caesar,
Exceptional cartoon personalities these are, outstanding artwork
and presentation. If only I could sketch like that. :D

gxhpainter2
01-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Caesar, I love these drawings, they capture the people with sharp wit and excellent skill, I did not comment earlier as I did not understand the captions, then I realized that no matter the drawings are the visual clues you wanted to share as much as the political satire... excellent job my friend. :cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Dear Jean, an inspiring coincidence to consider that Carnevale (Carnival) and next elections are almost in the same period thi year! LOL:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Oriane! So nice to hear from You again! Looking forward to see some new masterpiece of You!

Dear Mary Ann, this is the first time I don't add a new word to my English vocabulary out of your always exquisite comments. Either I improved my English or You made it easier to me:D. I'm very glad to have You continuously here again and I wish I may sketch even better and more effectively than that (but that's what keeps us alive after all). Thank You!

Thank you, dear Gary. I didn't want to bore anyone with our national political comedy by translating and, necessarily, adding explanatory words. I just thought some masks and characters could be of interest if some sort of psychological insight could surface.

I completed also the upper part of the last one. The very tall guy (not less than 2 m) is another politician, Guido Crosetto with a couple of mates with whom he started one more little political party in our crazy and populated panorama ...

silvy
01-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Bellissime le tue caricature:D sei proprio bravo e considerata la situazione è proprio meglio ridere...per non piangere.

Caesar
01-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Eh, cara Silvia, non ci si può credere a come siamo messi, specialmente oltreconfine, quindi inutile tradurre la nostra Commedia dell'Arte, tanto basta guardare le maschere e come si agitano per ridere e far ridere. Purtroppo è grottesco e non sanamente comico ...
Grazie!