PDA

View Full Version : Various Doodles by Alexandra 2013 New one last page

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alexandra
01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Hello everyone....I hope you don't mind me popping back in, I've missed everyone way too much.

screenpainter
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Sandy. Look we are both back. ha ha. good to see you back and painting again. s
The background and detail on Kokopelli is amazing.

coops
01-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Coooooooeeeeeeeeeeeee Sandy, great to see you back again you have been missed very much. Love your latest painting. Now dont go away again:)

MSIE
01-21-2013, 03:51 AM
heya Sandy, good to see you back! :)
I really missed looking at your colourful paintings - so please stay and post some more, they are unique! ;)

chinapete
01-21-2013, 05:09 AM
... looks as though you've passed through fairy doors and, happily for us, are able to say what is there ...
:-)

cartuneman
01-21-2013, 05:18 AM
wow cool sandy very nice sorry, didn't know you were gone but hey glad your back!:o

gxhpainter2
01-21-2013, 05:30 AM
brilliant work again, and we missed you a bunch!.. I like the close up of the swim cap a very clever way of taking an initial impression of an abstract pattern and setting it into a common setting...also the fairy with the green eye, hopefully is bringing us good luck...I think 2013 will be a much better year..:):)

D Akey
01-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Alexandra!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!

Your time away certainly hasn't hurt your painting any. Very interesting. It looks to me as if your style has morphed somewhat although I can see traces of where you were headed before in these.

I think particularly the [fourth - you added two more in the middle :D] one with the green eye is really amazing. I love the way you've filled the space in a decorative way with the leaves and so forth. It's undeniable who the center focus is, and all else embellishes the pic. It leaves me with a combination of impressions that range from cute to toy to caricature. It feels full and rich, and I could see it on a package for a Troll Doll - the teenage daughter action figure who is getting invited out on a date.

The one on top impresses me as an allegory in which the primary feature is the contrast between youth and beauty and age. I can't tell if this is about the young woman having somewhere in the back of her mind the idea that someday she will be older, or if it's about the older woman feeling like she is young in her own mind. . . or a projection thing.Of course it could always be just a couple women at the pool.

Great seeing you posting again. :):):cool::cool::D:D

Edit: changed which number the green eyed one was in the order they appear.

By the way, I LOVE the glasses!!!!! Heh.:):):cool::cool::D:D

Alexandra
01-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Hey Albert dear, I am sorry I missed you this morning. Hope you haven't gone and hurt yourself as I have. Thank you!

Thank you-you sweet dear Katie. I really appreciate it. I am sorry....my world fell apart there for a bit, and then me nearly breaking my arm off didn't help things at all.:p
I need to work on my bathing lady though-I was in a hurry this morning.:o I will clean her up soon.

MSIE, Thank you very much. I loved your designs, and look forward to catching up with all of your fantastic work!

Dearest Chinapete, In many ways this is true. The giants we planted twenty years ago, evergreen and whispering with the pine, pecans, and mighty oaks....the soft steps of the doe chewing on the wild honeysuckles, kudzoo, and berry bushes.... and the soft flutter of the chickadees can certainly spark an imagination. Thanks so much, I am looking forward to seeing your latest as well.

Dear John, I re-read your comment, and thankfully you were helped! My husband had gone through this once too and it paralyzes me to think about it at times. You take good care of yourself now!!!! I fell twice in two weeks- bad luck things really-a long story-but I have been through MRI's and x-rays-and to make this shorter I will just say that I have a year's worth of painful therapy if I ever want to use my left arm again.

Thanks so much Gary. It will be a toughie, but my attitude sure has changed. Life sure has a way of knocking a person around a bit, but then again we how would stories be written, or paintings be painted? Got to have our black and blue's huh?

Alexandra
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Hello D Akey, so glad to see you before I sign off, and thank you so very much. I am afraid the bathing cap drawing was an ibuprofin doodle. Yep, that was it. Who knows what a dislocated shoulder and pinched nerve will make a woman do? Draw butterflies on a woman's head, yep that's it. Maybe this should be a warning on the bottle label.
Always a blast reading your thoughtful and intelligent comments!

Lima
01-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Missing your work and style:cool:

semd74
01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Wonderful paintings Sandy...So glad you are back, we have missed you !!

Alexandra
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Oriane, Steve, Thanks dear mates, I've missed all of you so very much and appreciate your kind comments.

kenmo
01-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Fantastic images....love 'em all... Nice to see you back!!!!:D

Peter Pinckney
01-22-2013, 06:58 AM
I agree with DA............your strides are getting longer..............Welcome back...........get well.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):)

Alexandra
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Ken, Thanks so much. I hope you are doing alright, I know you've been through a lot too.
Peter, Thank you, always sunshine from the screen with your smilies! I appreciate your kind and thoughtful comment too dear friend.

D Akey, Sorry about that with the additions! Oh my-I was working on the woman with the bath cap and meant to add the others on the answer threads.:o

Mairzie Dotes
01-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Alexandra,
Your paintings bedazzle, excite, and peek the imagination
as well as igniting one's unbridled fantasy and wonderment.
All are most excellent pieces. Beautiful work and a warm
welcome back!!! :D :D :D

P.S.
and speaking of certain beloved members, where pray tell
might Robert S. Wade (aka: Capt'n Wade) be? We miss
your wonderful artwork and insightful comments. :)

fraser_paice
01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi mate, ready to arm wrestle yet? Great stuff!

justjean
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Wow Sandy, all are wonderful, my fav is the 3rd one she is such a sweetie.
2012 was not a good year for me either, didn't do much painting because of the shakes, some days more some days less and now thank goodness more days of less :D

limey-g
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I like them all, a really nice style.
Geoff

AT-TA
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Sandy, so good to see you posting again. ANd as i see you have matured a lot in what you like doing and it is marvelous. Love the color choices and ideas... love the girl with the glasses on... gosh, you are getting somewhere. And i am so glad for you just be patient and all will be right again. :o

Alexandra
01-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Hello Mairz, Your comments are always most cherished, thank you for the kind words! Also, I have sent Mr. Wade an email. Hopefully he is well and will contact us soon.

Dear Neil, I only have one good arm left, and it really isn't all that good. The old elbow has taken a beating requiring me to retire from home repair, so we will just have to pinkie wrestle, is that is alright? Winner gets the aurora sheep. haha! Thanks dear friend!

Dear Jean, thank you, she was a fun project. I am so sorry about the shakes. Be good to yourself dear lady and remember to get your vitamin D and B nutrients checked. I found that I was really deficient, even getting as much sun as I was. It has helped my immune system, but I am a little too late as I never imagined I would suffer two bad falls. Pushing the big 5-0 here, and don't like facing the fact I need to be careful. I've always been so active.

Thanks Geoff, great to see you!

Thanks AT, I sure hope so. I am beginning to wonder with the long recovery. Freaks me out a bit.
I worked a little more on my bathing cap painting. Being in a rush as I usually am, I didn't think about a reflection of the lady in the background so I added it. Also I wanted a creamy chocolate brown for her art nouveau styled hair. Again, I appreciate the encouragement and will try to keep practicing. Take care!

justjean
01-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Sandy, great reflection. And the brown hair looks great

Alexandra
01-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Thank you Jean!

Caesar
01-24-2013, 03:46 AM
Welcome back from Your long trip to Andromeda galaxy! (with Bobby Ray on one of his flying saucers I guess)
Since You travelled almost at light speed and beyond, it looks like that You're still in great shape and Your artpieces glow also with an advanced alien-evolutionary style while we were getting older on this planet and almost run out of creativity. All excellent illustration as and more than usual!
Anyway we're all exceedingly clad to see You in here again!

pat1940
01-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Sandy, do glad to see you back again, we really missed you and your beautiful art, love these ones you have done

Alexandra
01-24-2013, 04:50 AM
I thought of our dear Coops when I painted her. I was so impressed with "Memoirs of a Geisha" and all of Katie's beautiful paintings that I wanted to try too.

Dear Cesare, thank you for the warm welcome back, it is great to see you and all of our wonderful mates here. This is a special place, nothing like the space station and Bobby's martian entertainment...I mean some of it was a bit on the wild side as far as the dancing and the leotards were a bit vulgar; especially if one would compare them to a human-but for the most part they were really kind, only eating one of the guests there. An exceptionally rude person from the planet Venus who talked while eating his food. His wife was only too glad and found another Venisian very polite and most considerate. I enjoyed visiting Bobby Ray when I could steal him away from the martian women there who found him very attractive with his beard and glasses. They seem to really like artists. They are a little on the touchy side, so I knew when to back off. hee hee...sorry I get so carried away. Thanks so much for your kind comment!

Good to be back Pat, and thank you so much dear friend!

gxhpainter2
01-24-2013, 05:13 AM
wow what a thread, so wonderful to see all the excitement at having you back among us, your art as DA says has moved to a new level of complexity and wonderful work, although as he said you can see hints of from your previous incarnation...sorry about your accident chinapete was tangled up with a hedge trimmer .... hope this is not catching.. tread carefully!:rolleyes::rolleyes:.. I really loved the indian dancing with the flute... kokopelli ??

Alexandra
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Hey Gary, Thanks so much. Yep, this is a kokopelli that I painted for my sister, as she collects them.
Chinapete tangled up with a hedge trimmer! Oh no! Chinapete, please be careful! I've given up trimming the hedges around here. :(

chinapete
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Alexandra, your paintings have a healing effect:)

justjean
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Sandy, this is lovely, one of your best I think :)

Alexandra
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I am so glad to read this Chinapete, thank you.:)
(I am going back to the old fashioned hand held trimmers-I think the others are too dangerous.)

Thank you so much Jean.:)

RobertSWade
01-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Who could begrudge you being away, albeit for good reasons, when they are be-gifted with such blessings upon your return. It's fascinating to see your vision continue to expand on its hyperbolic course.

Alexandra
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
:oOh Bob.....:o

RobertSWade
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
... and I was meaning to mention that your Kokopeli is the most glorious representation of such that I've ever seen. You took that concept to another plane of imagination.

Alexandra
01-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks Bob, he was fun to make, sure appreciate it dear friend.

Here is another doodle I finished this morning. A little sprite is tickled with the kiss of a butterfly.

pat1940
01-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Just so adorable Sandy, love your thread

drawing4art
01-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Oh gosh I just love all these funky colourful pictures, so creative and beautifully done.

justjean
01-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Sandy, love your little fellow, reminds me of the flower children that I often think about trying to do :D

GRSArts
01-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Love your paintings.

D Akey
01-27-2013, 07:33 AM
There's something Earth spirit and holy about this one to me. It's as if the anthropomorphizing of the quality of Innocent Joy. This is somebody I would want around me all the time. I'd go out into the garden or into the woods looking for them. Wonderful Alexandra. You even conjured Robert S Wade with her! How cool is that! Hi Bob!

gxhpainter2
01-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Sandy, wow it is so great to have you back, this little gnome is full of a child's delight, a wonderment. ! :)

pat1940
01-27-2013, 08:18 AM
sandy, just want to say that I and everyone else (I am sure) are so happy to have you back in the forum, you and Katie create such wonderful paintings that seem to put us in a world of fantasy and joy
and make us smile when we view your paintings.......Welcome Back my friend

Mairzie Dotes
01-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Alexandra,
I notice that friendly butterflies and joyful garden sprites have also
taken up a welcome residence in this delightful fantasy garden of a
thread. Am really enjoying the impressive updates. :D

Tommo61
01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
These are not doodles; they are amazing. Beautiful work. I wish I had the imagination to come up with stuff like this.

Alexandra
01-27-2013, 11:55 PM
I am so pleased you liked her Pat, she was such a fun one to sketch. Thanks so much.

Very much appreciated Drawing4art!

Thank you so much Jean. They really are fun to think of and create, you should indeed give them a try.:D

GRSArts, I really appreciate it, thank you!

I really did not know if she would be liked D Akey because of all of those teeth! I made another version, but the whole mood changed. I am so pleased you liked her and I appreciate your wonderful comment, it made my day dear sir!

Gary, So glad to be back with everyone, and thanks so much. I have always loved the idea of another world of fairies, gnomes, sprites, brownies...etc...and have often entertained the idea that this is what happens to my missing socks. Don't forget to tip the little ones...honey and a cracker, and a thimble full of milk from time to time..lol.

Pat, I really appreciate your welcome dear friend. This site, the artists here, the creators, the software....all very special. Katie, is one of those lights out there...a precious soul. I love her work too. Her paintings are like a garden, you just want to climb in a smell the flowers and the earth around you. Always so rich and inviting.

Thanks so much dear Mairz! She jumps from shroom to shroom leaving her ginormous imprints as signals for her fellow sprites to follow. Occasionally she settles down for a delicious bite and a hello from the friendly butterflies. I am so pleased you liked her as well.

Tommo, You are so kind, thank you!

coops
01-28-2013, 12:44 AM
This is a wonderful thread Sandy and I love the latest one. She is sooo cute and one can see also so is full of fun. Well done you. I hope you are feeling better and better each day:)

Alexandra
01-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Thanks Katie, she was fun. I will certainly try dear friend. Time certainly is a good prescription.

Donlaczi
01-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Really love the one with the glasses!!! Amazing work!

Bobbi
01-29-2013, 03:18 AM
Doodles, you say?????? Wow, these are spectacular. So glad to see you back here in the forums.

Alexandra
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Donlaczi and Bobbi, Thank you much!

Alexandra
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
It was a mild autumn day. The wise old brownie knew it was time for his wondering son to visit. He hoped it would be before the final frost.
The winter was expected to be bitter, and farmer Dakey had built his last birdhouse for the year.
He treated the brownies well, and as he provided them with nice shelters placed out of reach, they in turn protected his farm with a wide array of enchantments from protection from the hobgoblins, to keeping the wife happy.
This act of keeping one happy had to be done with various scented flowers strategically placed in unseen areas.
Once a month when cleaning the baseboards she would find a tiny little bouquet of lavender tied together with the tiniest satin ribbon lying behind the toilet of all places. All it took was a minute, and she would gleefully return to cleaning and the bouquet forgotten. There were traces of cinnamon and peppermint in the back of all drawers and corners of window seals. This too was a mystery, but soon faded into a place where only children go.....and the Mrs. lost her inner child too soon in life when she went to work in the local store to help her family at the young age of ten. She had no more time to dream, but only work until she turned out the light in the evening to retire from a day much too hard for such young person.

"Nice of you to drop by my son!" shouted the wise elder brownie.
"A helping hand father, please!" shouted the son and soon a grand reunion was made with thimbles full of the finest beer and a table laden with bread, cheese, and berries.

haha, tinkering with another story here...
(by Alexandra 1-2013)

Alexandra
01-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Here are a few more doodles that I had in a folder.

coops
01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Lots more to see and enjoy. I really like the one with the story which is such a good read. Well done again Sandy:)

kenmo
01-30-2013, 03:44 AM
I'm enjoying your posts...nice to see you back & posting old friend.... :cool:

Alexandra
01-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks Katie and Ken for taking a look and your kind comments dear friends.

D Akey
01-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Hahaha. Don't eat the brownies! I learned my lessons in the garden about ticking them off. Very cute teaser for your new illustrated story. I really like the dangling pose. Very active. Love the legs and shoes and the grandmother (?) through the window. Really dimensionalizes the scene as if there might be a little creature tucked away in any number of little spaces.

As to the other paintings, they're great! Never expected to see you do a Manga kind of style. You do it nicely. And the others -- why you're skipping all over the place, but the quality of each is really nice. Well done Alexandra!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh and almost forgot, I love the crystal skull -- like the one they found among the Incas or Mayans -- can't recall which now, but they have speculated as to the source being extra-terrestrial. But that one was human. This one of yours satisfies the mystery -- Alien! and faceted! Hahah. Great!

Alexandra
01-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Haha D Akey, glad you enjoyed it! Now....the elderly brownie in the house is supposed to be a male....guess I need to do something there-haha! :D
Yeah, the manga thing, being a hairdresser once, I was standing in the grocery store line and this cool looking young man was in front of us. I loved his haircut. I memorized it and drew it when I got home-haha.
Yes, an alien skull for sure. Darn wish I could have kept the thing, but I donated it to the local museum. Sad thing is that several night guards there have reported urges to run out onto the grounds and start spinning. Several have fallen down and there are a few workman's comp cases in action. No doubt, it will have to go to the basement.:p

justjean
01-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Sandy, a great display of your wonderful imagination, when I first glanced at the first one I thought oh Romeo and Juliette then read on and I like your tale much better :D

Caesar
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
What a productivity and quality! The new Avatar self-portrait in Your style looks great.

silvy
01-31-2013, 12:04 AM
:D:D:DWelcome back Sandra!!!! I missed you a lot.
Great works in this thread ...hope to see another, and another, and another......:):)

Alexandra
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Haha Jean, it looks like my old man here looks like a woman! I can't help but laugh. I will try to add a beard soon. Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks so much Cesare, much appreciated dear mate. I wanted to use one of your complimentary portraits, but the my cheeks are rounder and I have a lot of laugh lines now....:o

I missed you too dear Silvy! So great to see you! Thank you so very much.

chinapete
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I would think "farmer Dakey" should have known what gender he is, hehe ... I didn't know about alien crystals, do you mean you actually owned one? ...

D Akey
01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Well Farmer D Akey wasn't looking that closely for any distinguishing marks, hahaha. My rule of thumb is that if he suddenly turns up pregnant, there's more than a 50% chance that he's a she, oh eaaah. . . <leans on pitchfork, takes off hat and wipes sweat from brow> But the females are far worse when riled, and I don't much care to check the gender by the fury of their attack. I wouldn't go peeking into too many of these little homes. Bad for the eyes.

justjean
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Haha Jean, it looks like my old man here looks like a woman! I can't help but laugh. I will try to add a beard soon. Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it!

No No Sandy, I just gave a quick glance and see the fellow climbing up the rope and thats what made me think R & J and then before I really looked I read the story :o

Caesar
01-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Laugh lines are certainly better to show a charming personality and far better than sadness or worry ones or, even worse, a fully wrinkleless all inflated and pulled up plastic horrid mask! LOL:D

AT-TA
01-31-2013, 11:29 PM
What a wonderful display of your latest works Sandy. You really grew up a lot lately and i am your fan, because i like what i see. Bravo Sandy!:)

Alexandra
02-01-2013, 02:50 AM
Haha Chinapete, I just hope that Farmer Dakey doesn't offend those little brownies now because they do have their ways....most unpleasant-like inconvenient alterations to underwear, small holes in new socks, patches of hair removed, and disappearing toothbrushes. All a person need say is...is that a male or female? They are very vain...and proud of their masculinity. It is rare that you see a male and female living together. The females are usually off to themselves because the males are rowdy and tend to drink a little too much and the biggie--lack in proper hygiene. If there is a pregnant female about...it is because she was silly enough to drink with them. The males are very kind to people though if they are treated well-so the farmer and his wife should remain in their good graces-just so long as he keeps them in a proper house with a little food.

I don't know anything about crystals though or alien artifacts. I do love to read about alien documentations though on the internet and do feel we are not alone in this huge universe. It is sad to me to be such an advanced civilization and yet so destructive ignoring our natural energies, and abilities to use preventative measures in preserving good health and longevity. Seems there is too much attention given to trying to alter what is already perfect.

Haha DAkey...I don't know what else to say, I am laughing too much.

That is okay Jean, I loved the thought of it-and you've given me a great idea-it would make a sweet drawing-I want to try this soon. Thanks!:)

Thanks Cesare, this is so kind of you. I don't know though...there are times where I am tempted to make a visit to the plastic surgeon. I am sure he would say hopeless or something like that. Would love to turn back the clock though.lol

Awwww, thanks so much AT. I wish I could go back in time and have had proper training when I was a young lady, but then I would not have so many blessings that I have now. As far as maturing...I don't know. I think I will always be a big kid at heart. Maybe I will catch on one day, but I don't know lol. :D

Here is one more. I just had to make one of the Andy's styled paintings. :D

Alexandra
02-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Early Valentine design.

RobertSWade
02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
We seem to be entering an art deco age here in artrage land.
I will be the last to complain about such an abundance of treasures.
She is gorgeous in the style of Cher.
She is alluring in the style of... beautiful women down through the ages.

justjean
02-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I like your quad of AW , Sandy and a lovely lady on a lovely valentines card :)

screenpainter
02-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I am all goo goo ga ga over The Dance. That one really Knocked my socks off. Amazing piece! Enjoyed them all.

Alexandra
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Bob, I almost had a moon there with the art deco styled lady because she made me think of Cher too. Thanks dear friend.

Thanks so much Jean. I just had to try it. I just watched the MIB3 movie-totally loved it, especially the part where they speak with AW.

Thanks so much Albert, so pleased you enjoyed it. I love the knife in this program combined with the tube-such a blast.

coops
02-03-2013, 04:52 AM
Beautiful Valentine's card Sandy. Hope you are feeling well:)

Alexandra
02-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi Katie, thank you dear friend. This one was a fun doodle, I love to use these colors.
As far as feeling better, I am afraid I must go and see an ortho specialist. The movement is still limited, a lot of pain, and sleep impossible.:mad:
If momma doesn't sleep, it is not a happy place around here.:p:eek::(

Alexandra
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
A little elf guy with his friend. I hope you enjoy this one.

Caesar
02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
You decline Your features in any way, all charming, and You make Your lovely characters act in always new fabulous scenes. So pleasant to look at Your creations!

Alexandra
02-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Thanks Cesare, always so kind dear friend. I enjoy watching these little characters evolve. I try to chose something of a cheerful nature as the world can be so dark at times. It is uplifting to me to complete one, and I enjoy sharing them.

limey-g
02-06-2013, 06:41 AM
I really like the Elf and his friend , it is so cute.
Geoff

AT-TA
02-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Sandy, I do enjoy your little creatures, they make me smile, always nicely done and full of mischief.:)I hope that you will feel better soon.

Alexandra
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Geoff and AT, I appreciate your kind comments dear friends. I will be okay.

D Akey
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Al Pacino playing the elf, "Say hello to my little friend. . ."

Well, you continue to blow my mind, Alexandra. You are really reeling in these fantasy creatures fully formed. It's like you go into that other world and sort of Little Bo Peep them with a shepherd's crook into this dimension. Really cute.

drawing4art
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Love your little elf, a fun whimiscal piece for sure :D

Alexandra
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Haha Thanks DAkey, always appreciated dear friend! Couldn't you just see this little guy running through the grass....I would have a ball working in an animation studio. I don't know why, but he looks like a Flynn to me. His friend...Grin. Flynn and Grin, friends for life-lol living in the garden of DAkey.:D

Thanks Drawing4Art, I'm so pleased you liked him. This software makes it a blast.

Alexandra
02-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Peter inspired this one, though my space paintings are not the best, they are fun to make.:o

Lindae
02-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Nice repeating patterns on the two planets and that wonderful sprinkling if stardust!

coops
02-07-2013, 01:12 AM
I love looking through this thread Sandy, well done on great work:)

Docsmith626
02-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Good thing Warbirds have to de-cloak to fire their weapons. ;)

justjean
02-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Always fun and interesting to scroll its post, Sandy

Alexandra
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Lindae, I appreciate your kind comment. One of these mindless doodles here while drinking coffee this morning.:o

Thanks Katie, I hope you've had a wonderful birthday.

Hee hee Doc...okay okay...I know it is terrible! No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to draw those space ships that the guys here draw. I will have to find a tut on you tube or something.:D You'll see my good friend-I'll get it right...and put Peter and the other pro's to shame one day.:p;):o (Oh I hope Peter doesn't see this)

Thank you Jean. It has been really nice being back and drawing again.

Here is another I had been working with a little while and finished up this afternoon, using just about everything. Lady Raven...

Mairzie Dotes
02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Alexandra,
Moons are my favorite subject and the lunar luminescence that
your moon painting evokes is quite alluring, an enchanting piece. :D

Have at times fancied that I could somehow transport back several
generations and connect with ancestors, where I came from and
their lives as lived at the time. Your engaging portrait is a thoughtful,
beautiful tribute. :D

Alexandra
02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Mairz, thank you. I loved the effects that evolved with this one. The plasticized larger planet, and the colorful one in the background. I think it does have possibilities though. :D
And as far as the spooky painting of the woman, I am sure that my distant grandmother didn't walk with a bird on her head:p, but there is a special story with her, and I being a fan of the beautiful ravens, had to add it in there. I have a doodle I did with pencil one evening of a woman and she had ravens around her more of a nouveau style...but I couldn't duplicate it. I think I will scan it in one day and paint it. I will send a PM soon about her. Very interesting really. I would also love to have a glimpse of the people in my DNA. Thanks so much!

Alexandra
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
another fairy...

silvy
02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Very lovely the last fairy, but I like Lady Raven so much. Well done:)

Alexandra
02-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi Silvy, thanks for checking out my thread and your kind comment. I'm glad you liked her.

I wanted to play with a few more effects on the fairy. Originally I painted the leaves as wings, so I added a different outfit and filters. So here she is again.

justjean
02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Sandy, another cute wee fellow :)

screenpainter
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I like that deeper richer darker version of the pixie one for sure. Very cute.

Alexandra
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Jean and Albert, Thanks dear friends, your comments are always appreciated. ~X~

kenmo
02-12-2013, 02:00 AM
A very delightful thread full of fantastic images....:cool:

coops
02-13-2013, 02:13 AM
More delightul images Sandy, well done:)

D Akey
02-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Whoops! It's one of them Bumgardeners from up the derry dingle who are so called because they always when spotted call out: "Oy, you staring at me bum? Bugger off."

I think the second one shows that they are harder to see in the forest and can disappear in a blink. More hijinks driven and puckish.

Very fun stuff Alexandra.

chinapete
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
hi Alexandra, the softer pixie appeals to the dreamier side of things ... Emerson was a passable poet: "Wandering voices in the air / and murmurs in the wold" ("My Garden") ...:)

Lindae
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I hope I have a fairy for my garden this year! They bring the most beautiful flowers and delicious veggies. Love the character and like both versions! Great job but how would you decide which is best...I can't. Maybe make one the alter ego of the other. Would be great for a children's book; you could wrap a whole story around them. L

AT-TA
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
They are so cute an so nicely painted Sandy. :rolleyes:

Alexandra
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Ken and Katie, Thanks so much for checking it out and your kind words dear friends.:)

D Akey, Always a hoot, thanks for your artful and witty comments.:D

ChinaPete, I can make the first one softer still, as everything is in its own layer and the sky is the limit. Maybe softer hues of vanilla cream and sunshine, butterfly wings, and a blushing fairy. Too fun really.
As far as the personal quote, I grabbed it from a bookmarked site of quotes. Like avatars, I am sure to change it from time to time.:o This one kind of struck a chord with me.

Thank you Linda, I am honored with your kind comment. I would dearly love to take one of your classes!
Hey, plant a lot of colorful flowers, and with each bud that blooms, a fairy is born....or so I've been told. Unfortunately I've never seen one.:confused: I am thinking of installing a camera out this spring in hopes of catching one-hee hee.:D
I would love to write, and have hopes to do this one day. So many ideas come to mind. Again, thanks!

Hi AT! I almost missed you, thanks so much. This one was a lot of fun to design. :D

Caesar
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Very nice naughty sprite, or whatever he is. The second version show a further harmonization improvement as a whole.

Alexandra
02-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks Cesare, always appreciated dear mate.

Alexandra
02-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Parents flying in to feed their little ones.

coops
02-15-2013, 12:38 AM
What a wonderful scene Sandy and I really love the colours:)

Alexandra
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Katie, Thank you my dear friend, I sure appreciate it.~X~

I wanted to join in on the rabbit hole fun again....here is Wizard Pinckney's bouquet with crystal ball inside keeping things alive....
Beware though, one smell of these flowers will take a person on one magical tour a long way down the RH.;)

Caesar
02-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I like the last two too very much.
The parents role is quite a diffult one to have the little ones grow from full care need to a happy and independent life without chopping the roots of their confidence and love.
The second one seems a little like those classical arabian/ islamic artpieces based on their writing characters elaborated into graphical marvels because of islamic religious restraints to represent anything real visually of some stricter interpretation traditions and schools (apparently not a general dogma over a long history and wide spread geography of ruling).

Alexandra
02-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi Cesare, Anyone would know that you are a terrific husband and father just because of the thoughtful comments toward parenthood. I appreciate your viewing and kind comment too.

I made one more as well. Peter needs to be careful when he opens the rabbit hole.;)
I named this one "Strange Brew"

Peter Pinckney
02-16-2013, 08:20 AM
As they would say in Norfolk.......Bootiful!Bootiful!Bootiful!Bootiful!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :)

chinapete
02-16-2013, 09:15 AM
hi Alexandra, you are good at inventing symmetry paintings, but nothing beats a simple story of want and satisfaction told in pale blue and silvery tones ... The theme of nesting must have universal appeal, even if we've never been birds :-) ... I imagine you often see that soft blue light on the distant hills, and now and then the shadows of passing birds on the tall grasses ...

coops
02-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Sandy, this latest one is so beautiful and makes me want to see Follies dancers of the 1920. More more more please:)

Alexandra
02-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Thanks so much Peter, you've made my day dear friend! Just think about it...I mean whoa...you are the father of the Raging Rager's Rabbit Hole. What a genius you are!

Dear ChinaPete, thank you. I cannot help but look to nature for inspiration or simple understanding....as it would be naive to think otherwise. Life can be cruel, and at the same time so very beautiful.

Oh, thanks so much Katie. I love this era too! The furniture, the artists, the writers, the industry...what a phenomenal time dear friend!

D Akey
02-17-2013, 04:17 AM
What an amazingly lavish design. Feels somewhat lavishly Arabian, though it has a little of an other worldly quality as well. Gorgeous! The eternal flame kind of thing.

Alexandra
02-17-2013, 09:07 AM
These are so fun, thanks so much D Akey.

Alexandra
02-17-2013, 09:12 AM
I need to work on this one a bit more...so sorry-will upload it again when completed.:o

copespeak
02-17-2013, 10:00 AM
They're all very clever, and I really love your 'Strange Brew" and Wizard Pinckney's Bouquet". They're gorgeous!

Isn't the Symmetry Tool fantastic fun?

And your Valentine's Day card! :cool:

Alexandra
02-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks Robyn, it really is. So glad you like them.
I think I need to remove my last picture though and edit it...her face looks too childlike.
My apologies to anyone looking-I will upload it after I've worked on her face a little.

justjean
02-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Sandy, they are all pure delight but I guess I will have to wait to see that last one :D

Alexandra
02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi Jean, I am up way past my bedtime. One of those cases where there is no rest for the weary. I will be glad when I can say all this is behind me. A shoulder injury is not fun.
I think I am finished...here she is. The wee little one that helps the flowers grow. I tried to change her face, but decided after various attempts, to change her gown and add wings.

coops
02-17-2013, 11:33 PM
How sweet is that and full of magic. Well done Sandy:)

Caesar
02-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Another couple of marvels! The last Fairy-Sandy explains it all with such a magical artpowder abundance and shine!

Mairzie Dotes
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Alexandra,
What wonderful updates these are. Each one is an
engaging gem and the artwork is very impressive. :D

D Akey
02-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Would'nt it be super cool to have a stained glass window like that!

To heck with mere rose colored glasses. You could take this over sized monocle with you to the well and your visions would be naught but artistic. Luminous, Alexandra! ;););)

justjean
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Sandy, she is lovely as is her magic ball of lights and colour , hope you feel better soon :)

Alexandra
02-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks so much dear mates Katie, Cesare, MaryAnn, DAkey, and Jean. I appreciate your kind comments!

Lindae
02-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Alexandra,
Another lovely, magical painting! You did a great job making figure looks ethereal and I really like how you handled the beams of light. Great job! L

Lima
02-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Wonderful painting Alexandra. Like the white light ROYGBIV disc internal reflection and the trespassing white light irradiating thought her body. Explendid.

limey-g
02-21-2013, 12:38 AM
The fairy is really cute , love the way the light radiates through her.
Geoff

Alexandra
02-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Linda,
Oriane,
and Geoff,
Thank you so very much!:D

Alexandra
02-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Playing around with with the pen and knife and Peter's rabbit hole methods. Previously I had the most wonderful design, and I didn't save. I was lost in the fun. Then the computer crashed, and I was sick. I wish I could have shared that one with you. I was using oil and water and the most wonderful petals, but it is gone. I have done this before. Lost in the fun of the software and forgetting to save. Anyway, though this needs smoothing here and there I wanted to share it right away.
It may not be spring on the calendar, but it is saying hello here and there in my yard. Tulips, forsythia, camellia, and the gardenia's are all blooming.:)

byroncallas
02-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Sandy, I've been away so much I didn't know you'd been away (?).
Perusing this thread is a pure pleasure, wonderful works. Inspired.
Big hugs and great to touch base with you again.
: - )
b

justjean
02-23-2013, 07:47 PM
A beautiful painting, Sandy, the colours, the flowers and the lady in the b/g and as it's still snowing here it's nice to see a hint of spring :)

Alexandra
02-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi Byron, It is great to see you. Thanks for checking out my thread. Big hugs back and please send a hello to Rosy.~X~

Thanks Jean, I always appreciate your kind comments. I bet that snow is beautiful though.;)

Bobbi
02-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Beautiful! The colors are appealing.

eighty+
02-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Mien. Gott. Sandy. Run. Aliens. Don't worry about me. I'll hide behind my beard. Ok

Alexandra
02-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks Bobbi, pleased you liked it. I see you are turning out some beautiful designs. Just don't fall in that rabbit hole.;)

Eighty+, you have given me such a laugh today. They do look a little out of this world....:eek::o
(needed to re-edit....sorry about that dear man)

copespeak
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
That's a gorgeous painting! So unique and strong, but feminine. :D

Aunt_Betsy
02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Lovely, very pleasing to the eye.

hinket
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Love the colours and the light in this last one, Alexandra. :):):)

Alexandra
02-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Thank you Robyn, Aunt Betsy, and Hinket for your wonderful comments!

Alexandra
02-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Lady Azure and The Lizard and the Rose.

hanzz
02-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Hey, that's cool !

coops
02-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Love the stylish lady and the flowers are lovely, well done Sandy:)

silvy
02-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Lady Azure is very lovely:):)

Alexandra
02-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi Hanzz, thanks for checking it out and your kind comment!

You inspired me Katie with your beautiful and stylist paintings, thank you!

Good to see you Silvy, thank you!

kenmo
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Lady Azure and The Lizard and the Rose. Both of these are jaw dropping good... and an inspiration to the heights ArtRage can achieve...

Alexandra
02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Aw Ken, how kind of you, thanks so much.:o

Caesar
02-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Although with different as subjects Your images have the sheer elegance of your personal style in common.

Alexandra
02-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks Cesare, you are such a kind forum friend.

I wanted to make one more as I think this will be my last for a while. Surgery this week and physical therapy. So-I went all out on a house...maybe for a story I began about a little girl. She is on the first few where a person is handing her a flower. This house will fit into the story somehow. It all started with a rabbit hole design that I turned into a window...that ended up on a house....got carried away a little.:p

byroncallas
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
:):)That's a pretty cute sprite Sandy. Marvelous.

Alexandra
02-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks Byron, sure appreciate it!

Here is my abstract..."Perspectives"

byroncallas
02-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Terrific Sandy - and hey, it's a stack of abstracts. You'll have to lift each one so we can see what's underneath. :)

kenmo
02-27-2013, 08:26 AM
I love your recent paintings...especially the house, it is over the top and a brilliant piece of art...:cool:

RobertSWade
02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
An eclectic tour-de-force!
What a wonderful job nature did in wiring your brain in such admirable and mysterious ways.

AT-TA
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Beautiful as always, Sandy. I love the last abstract, just gorgeously colorful.

justjean
02-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Sandy, beautiful wood on that door in your great painting and your abstract looks very inviting, thinking of you and hope your doing ok :)

Caesar
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
The hobbit-like entrance of the red-brick house is a fabulous corner to imagine and paint.
The last painting is different enough, sharper, with more vivid, less muted colors. So I cannot decide whether the abstract expresses some anxiety for the forthcoming surgery or some possible painful moments to stand. Anyway I hope it's a planned and standard intervention, easy and quick to overcome and I wish You all the best and a most prompt recovery, dear Sandra!

coops
02-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Love the abstract Sandy, well done:)

Alexandra
02-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Hey Byron, I am sorry-I glued them down.:p Thanks!

Ken, this is so nice of you, thanks so much. I love the masking tool-and I made the bricks, window,shutters, etc. I want to try to make a stencil soon-this would help out.:p I do want to work on the white of the door frame though. I will try to add more detail, or maybe make a thick vine trim for the door frame. I would love to build a house, I would have a blast if I knew a craftsman, had the funds, and the time....Thanks again for your wonderful comment.

Thanks Bob, you have been so encouraging and such a wonderful friend to me and so many here. ~X~ and a big ~O~too.

Thanks so much AT, I appreciate your kind words. I love to use the loaded knife, don't you? I don't know what I like to do best, fantasy or abstracts. Both a blast.

Jean, Thank you so much for looking at my fun, and leaving such nice words. They always make me feel so much better. I loved making the door. The bark stencil a big thank you BTW to the creator, makes it all so much fun. Layers of woodsy patina's and reversing the stencil, glazing...it is all so much fun.

Thank you so very much Cesare. There is something so appealing to me about a gorgeous wooden door. I love so many different architectural designs. Maybe another idea for a thread perhaps for the creative folks out there who love cottages as I do?:p
As far as the abstract...anxiety...uh....surgery...recovery...uh ....I don't know what you mean? lol. Maybe so. At first with all of the time in waiting, there were moments, but I am ready now. I am at peace with this and ready to move forward.

Alexandra
02-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Hi Katie, thanks! One more before I sign off....another doodle last night. There is no way to sleep with a dislocated frozen shoulder. I hope you like this one. Be careful though...she may cast a spell on you Katie!:eek:

hinket
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
A bowl of best wishes for you, Alexandra,
with a sprinkling of love on top for healing. :):):):):):):)

Caesar
03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I hope they put the shoulder back in its place now and pain is receding. Best wishes and really a spectacular witch/ red hood mix in Your charming girl!

coops
03-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh right back at ya Sandy, hope all goes well:)

Alexandra
03-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Dear Hinket, Cesare, and Katie, Thanks so much dear friends for your kind and thoughtful comments. XOXOXOXO and one more XO.
Thankfully the surgery is over. The first day very tough......
Now the hardest part...a very tough physical therapy three times a day each day , and with a therapist three days a week.

I wanted to upload a drawing I started a while back for the upcoming SPD.
The End of the Rainbow....
I think I will be looking for it soon. lol.
Take good care everybody.
It is difficult to type right now, but I wanted to comment and say how wonderful all the painting are.

NatureWorks
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Great work, very nice artwork

kenmo
03-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Very, very enchanting... and what beautiful art....

D Akey
03-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Well, smack me pate with a shillelagh and call me O'Doul, what would the end of the rainbow be without a fine red headed Irish lass layin' down in the green, holdin' a bouquet of shamrocks, and a pot o' gold. . . em . . but wouldn't ye be forgettin' tha Guinness? Oh, here it is. . .

justjean
03-05-2013, 07:01 AM
The lady in red is lovely as is the lady in the grass who brings back memories (not that I ever looked that good ) but many, many, many years ago I used to do that and would imagine all the different things that I saw in the clouds :D

byroncallas
03-05-2013, 07:05 AM
More wonderful works Sandy. And I'm so glad to hear you are recovering. All best thoughts. :)

limey-g
03-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Love the lady lying on the grass looking up into the sky with not a care in the world, sure brings back memories of times gone by.
Geoff

jibes
03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Sandy, you have developed a very unique style. Nice!

Caesar
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Another wonderful scene where it looks like You may take Yourself in any lovely place under any adverse circumstance by means of Your fantasy.
Fascinating painting. It looks like she's lying like on a physiotherapist couch, an association? You're going to work hard and with some aches doing the excercises, but You have all the force You need for a surprisingly fast and excellent recovery. I hope the physiotherapist is also a charming hunk ... which would motivate You even more and make You notice less or even eventually find pleasing the sessions ....LOL:o:D

coops
03-06-2013, 01:17 AM
What a perfect find at the end of the rainbow, hope all is well with you Sandy:)

Alexandra
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I would love to comment more, but I am not able right now. I appreciate the wonderful comments dear friends, and they gave me such a smile.
Thanks so much:
NatureWorks
Ken
D Akey
Jean
Byron
Geoff
Neal
Cesare
Katie.

copespeak
03-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Wow! That last one is amazing! :cool:

semd74
03-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Very well done...nice colors and texture

coops
03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Another great one Sandy, hope you have a speedy recovery:)

Caesar
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Good! I see no tears in Your smiling eye! What a fantastic self-inspired, i understand, smart and joyful looking character in this last image!

Lima
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Now the hardest part...a very tough physical therapy three times a day each day , and with a therapist three days a week.

Great, Alexandra!

Alexandra
03-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Robyn, Thank you so very much! I have really enjoyed your beautiful portraits of the beautiful dogs. I just lost my dear friend Sally. She died two days after my surgery. She was the smartest dog that I have ever had. She was a boarder-corgie, and we are all so broken hearted.

Good to see you Steve, thank you. I haven't had much time or strength to type very much, but I wanted to say how lovely your paintings have been.

Thank you Katie, I appreciate that-I am working very hard, and have had great therapists.

Awww, thanks Cesare, she I think indeed did come from my heart. I just learned of my fathers grandfather....he was also Cherokee. I thought I would draw an illustrative cheerful figure of an American Indian.

Dear Doctor Oriane, I truly appreciate it. I am very pleased with my surgeon, his staff, and plan to do all that is possible to regain what was lost. It really is more of a spiritual issue with me, as it is requiring so much more endurance than I thought, and whoa...each day it gets better. It is painful, but it does indeed get better. ~X~

copespeak
03-08-2013, 02:31 PM
I am so sad to hear that you have lost your loved dog as well, and hope that you find comfort in your caring friends here as I did. Every time I came into the forum during such a dark time, there was a message from a kind soul, letting me know how dogs are so valued in our lives, and they understood how we feel when we lose them.

justjean
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Sandy, so good to hear your feeling better (even a wee bit) , thats a beautiful lady that you have painted

D Akey
03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Somehow I missed all that about the surgery and your little dog passing. If that Native American Indian one is part of your that can handle adversity, definitely let her take over for a while. Which tribe did you say you had in your bloodline? Cherokee? Or am I hallucinating?

Go dear Alexandra! Be well.

Alexandra
03-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks Robyn. We all know we don't have our furry friends that long, but it is never easy to say goodbye. She was a good girl, and will be sorely missed.

Thanks Jean. You should see me. I am sticking with the instructions, and with the guidance of the physical therapists, I am not afraid to do the arm exercises. I now preach-be gentle with your shoulders. I know too many now that have had to go through this.

Hey D Akey, thank you I will indeed. Yes, Cherokee with both parents. Now I wish to know more. I don't know how far I will get, but it a fun project...:D

RobertSWade
03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Well, smack me pate with a shillelagh and call me O'Doul, what would the end of the rainbow be without a fine red headed Irish lass layin' down in the green, holdin' a bouquet of shamrocks, and a pot o' gold. . . em . . but wouldn't ye be forgettin' tha Guinness? Oh, here it is. . .

One of your best, DA!

byroncallas
03-09-2013, 04:44 AM
The painting is inspired - that eye - wow. Meanwhile, Sandy, the biggest of hugs and all best thoughts as each day brings new healing.

pai
03-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Alexandra, I have been looking through your thread few times to look at your awesome paintings. So creative and full of imagination as well as so great painted. Love them so much. My favorite favorite is that big smile Butterfly kisses. If you don't mind, I use that as a wallpaper. That little fairy brings me smiles on my face when I look at her expression. :)

Alexandra
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, I loved this comment Robert, but couldn't get the old arm over to type too much. Thanks again clever friend. D Akey, you are awesome.

Thanks so much dear Byron. I sure appreciate it. Oh my gosh, what a test. I thought a car accident was bad. I do need a hug-is a flight available? Tell Rosy to have the best wine available too. Can't take meds. Wine is great though.

Pai, I am so flattered, I just don't care about my arm tonight. You've made my week. I haven't been able to comment too much, due to the surgery, but through hard work, I can see much improvement in my range of movement. I wanted to comment on your work, but my old mac here is on it's last leg and keeps locking up. I've lost three paintings. I wanted to add that your work is always so amazing, and what a gift to have you back again. I am on your fan list. Again, such a blessing to see you back here dear lady.

eighty+
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi Sandra I'm afraid they have left me nothing more to say :( so was going to send some smoke signals but the blasted fire wouldn't light just as well though coss

last time burnt a hole in my blanket its worked out ok I can now wear as a cloak :D:D:D Keep warm and well ok see yuh SLAINTE

Alexandra
03-11-2013, 12:58 AM
That is okay E+. At least you have a cloak.:D:p;)

Here is one more....inspired by Wizard Pinckney.

They were weary from long travel, but satisfied. They had much to tell the wizard.
There were indeed dragons. Friendly dragons.....ready for saddle and ride.

eighty+
03-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Sandra. The stairs are killing me. From my room at the top any chance of one of those

Bungalows :D:D:D

limey-g
03-11-2013, 02:58 AM
I really like this last one, quite unusual buildings in a great setting .
Geoff

Alexandra
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
So sorry E+, it seems the magnetically levitated step was out of order. I will see what I can do.:D

Thanks Geoff!

justjean
03-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Wonderful buildings and colours Sandy, and I like your story for this, leaves one hoping you will tell more

Caesar
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
A weirdly intriguing world fantastically depicted ... a plage, though, where I would hardly think to launch miself with a parachute!:o;)LOL

coops
03-12-2013, 02:43 AM
This is sooooo good Sandy, I can almost feel I am there:)

Alexandra
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Thank you Jean. I cannot help but run with this one. The towers-are programming towers where magnetic propulsion lifts the operators to control panels operated by retinal clearance only. The travelers wish to be free from nuclear power and go back to utilizing natural energies, but the evil wizards have deceived the people and do not wish to lose what control they still have. Will the people learn in time before the last dragons are caught and destroyed? Hummmm stay tuned. lol.

Hi Cesare, no parachutes here... No one may enter the programing towers except the evil wizards....I am sure you would own a jet pack though. haha, just having a bit of fun.

What a nice thing to say Katie, thanks so much.

eighty+
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Sandra Those Feather's are not the Feather's of Cherekee Inde bum Tribe You'll have the spirits of your ancestors wrathfully down on your Head

ok you've been warned :eek: :eek: :eek: :( ;)

Alexandra
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I know E+. I wish I knew more.:p I will one day soon though, one day soon.;)
I wish you would paint me a lovely Cherokee person.

Caesar
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, I didn't mean to enter the programming tower indeed, dear Sandra, but I wouldn't want that, due to their shapes, the towers would enter some flier or para either, in case of a wrong landing approach ... LOL:o;)

Alexandra
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Haha Cesare. I can't help but think how they are not proportioned to hold a person really, but would be great as tubes of lipstick for a giant extraterrestrial female.:rolleyes::p

Alexandra
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is a little dude that I created this evening combining and reversing with various effects.
He brings answers to those in need...and sweet dreams of a path to inner peace.

It has been so hard for me friends. A mistake was made with communication between the two medical offices, and I may face surgery again. The therapy is now going to be intense and my exercises at home as well. I think this is one of the most difficult times I've faced. Frozen shoulder...no fun.:( My son helped me set up our living room as a gym and I am working very hard.
During one of my therapy sessions the therapist said to me: "find your happy place." I knew this wasn't going to be good. I tried to go back to the alps and Switzerland, but ended up screaming God, and she said, no my name is so and so(to protect her privacy). I ended up laughing hysterically. She stopped when I asked if that was Mick Jagger on an exercise bike wearing the pink speedo's. I have no idea of half of what I said, and I am sure I said a few naughty words. I did gain a little more range in movement, but the thought of next week...four more weeks....oh please. Where is Super Sandy when I need her?

byroncallas
03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Hang in there Sandy, and all good thoughts and vibes your way. And the painting is wonderful. :)

chinapete
03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
What mad pursuit? What struggle to escape?
What pipes and timbrels? What wild ecstasy?

Keats ....

Art is the best therapy :)

D Akey
03-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Super Sandy is right there, who just typed those posts and painted those pics.

Right, good idea to pic a happy place where you can transform into Super Sandy who has the super power of Uber-Yodeling thus summoning up attorneys by the score to get those medical lads back on their game.

Listen Alexandra, my heart goes out to ya. Hang in there.

copespeak
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Keep your spirits up and paint like crazy! Hopefully you will get through to the end of this soon. Remember, most things pass in the fullness of time.

I love your painting, such a quaint personality!

Alexandra
03-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Byron, ChinaPete, D Akey, and Robyn, Thanks so much for your support. I will try to take this time and reflect on a positive recovery period, and in the spare time...paint paint paint with Artrage.
Again, thanks.

kenmo
03-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Pure delight and magic.... Outstanding work my friend...:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

silvy
03-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Agree with chinapete: arts is the best therapy.:)

pai
03-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Alexandra, I wish you fast recovery and I love that your spirit for not giving up and doing art to keep up your spirit too. Beautiful piece again. Your art are very unique. :)

RobertSWade
03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
What wonderous fresh magic this is, indeed! Is he the power behind the dream-catcher?

AT-TA
03-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Sandy, beautiful work as usually. I too, am sending a white light to you, for a fast and good recovery. It will get better what else,I would say when sick or in trouble so it will be the same with you, Sandy. Just have faith in the good outcome. Will think of you. :)

jibes
03-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Just super Sandy, you do such great work!

coops
03-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Thats great Sandy, hope your doing ok:)

Alexandra
03-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Ken, Silvy, Pai, Bob, AT, Neal, and Katie:
Thank you all so so much for such kind and encouraging words. They mean the world to me.

Alexandra
03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
A bouquet for my friends.
Hey Bobbi, if you see this....I am officially giving up on making stickers. My program doesn't have the same options or I am just too dumb to figure it out. I think I need to try it on my son's computer.:p

pai
03-19-2013, 01:52 AM
How are you Sandy? :) Your spirit have lifted me up and seeing this new painting even more. Brightful, delightful, i can't think of any of my limited vocabulary. Just beautiful piece of art full of so many spirit inside Love your background color and the vase pattern :)

Alexandra
03-19-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi Pai! I wanted to respond before leaving for my torture session. I am doing well, and thanks so much. We have a friend here on the forum who gave me some wonderful advice and encouragement, so now I am not in the dark about things. I worked hard all weekend with my therapy and feel that I made progress. Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful words.

pat1940
03-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Sandy, such a pleasure to see your beautiful creations again, always put a smile on my face, all are so adorable and wonderful paintings

Alexandra
03-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you Pat, it is always great to see you. You are always missed here.

Alexandra
03-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Another civilization perhaps, visitors of earthling relatives....from long long ago.....

kenmo
03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Great looking alien painting.... Love it....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

coops
03-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Hecky thump I was just talking about the beauties on Pandora and here you are Sandy painting one of them. Love it:)

chinapete
03-21-2013, 03:23 AM
hi Alexandra, catching up with your many inventions :) ... that's an inspired vase, makes the forsythia blush with envy :)

Alexandra
03-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Hello fellow coast to coaster....thanks so much Ken!

Haha Katie, I just now read your comments...isn't that amazing that we were thinking of the same thing? Thanks dear friend. Hope all is well where you are. Here, spring has sprung and the birds are so beautiful. I am feeling stronger with each day and not afraid to face the exercises.

Thank you Pete! I have only one Forsythia, and each year I vow to buy more....but fail to do so.:p First is my pink Camelia every February so stunning, and next the Forsythia. Full of yellow tiny petals some like bells. I am as attached to my flowers as most people are to other things. I really have been blessed to have had these same flowering trees and bushes for the last twenty years.:o
Thank you for the nice comment on the vase as well. Maybe a little symbolism there....new earth springs forth new life....

Alexandra
03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
A bit of mind control with therapy. I have tried to completely relax while my arm is being turned, pushed upwards, and bent. The therapist is the wind....my arm the willow. The wind is cruel...but cruel to be kind....the willow tree is growing stronger as they naturally do with the wind.
I was so fortunate to have yet another great therapist this week. She was also once a patient with shoulder surgery. She explained every detail from the procedure to the reason for each therapy exercise.

pat1940
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Lovely paintings Sandy, I am so glad you are having some very good days and they will keep getting better for you, so you go girl and show how tough you really are:mad::mad:

Lima
03-21-2013, 10:38 AM
On a roll. I think you are getting better and better artists.:cool:

Caesar
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
This time You probably magnificently portraied another, more remote ancestors of your, dear Sandra, along with a willow illustration keeping all the flexibility, style and sense of movement of the concept and of the ideal world. I think Your personality mix must have also an alien lineage part, which may explain some of the extra-terrestrian feel and mood Your artpieces seem to blow, cool and spiritually, and make them quite unique. Bravissima!

pai
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
So beautiful your last painting. I can feel that wind really. I remembered the time when I had to the neck therapy at the chiropractor, I had to really relax my whole body to let the therapist hanged my whole neck and body up to try to remove the numbness. However, the treatments wasn`t good enough to stop after 3 months and was too expensive. So now I am taking medication to stop that instead. At least I can type with both hands now :)

Yes, your last painting shows art is therapy and the relaxing feel in it. Beautiful piece of art work. I really love this one. I used it as wallpaper now :) Thanks so much

Alexandra
03-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi Pat, Thanks so much. I am working so hard, and getting great results. We miss you and will be glad when you are able to return. Hope all is okay with your MIL.

Thank you dear Dr. Oriane. I appreciate your comment so much.

Dear Cesare, You write the most beautiful comments. Thank you.

Dear Pai, thanks so much. I re-edited this post and decided to send it in a PM. Hope that is okay.

Alexandra
03-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Clay pots and roses. Playing with ink, water, and knife.

eighty+
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Blimey. Sandy she's due her water's has jus broke :eek: ;) :D:DE

kenmo
03-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Very, very nice....love the cools and the layout.....

chinapete
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
... the tendrils ... rejuvenation ...:)

copespeak
03-24-2013, 04:26 PM
A really strong design and lovely rich palette and textures. Very nice: :)

justjean
03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
OMG Sandy, how did I miss these lovely last ones :o the dude is so cute and love the colour, your vase and yellow flowers bring spring to mind, the blue lady is awesome and the eyes look great, the willow looks so graceful blowing in the breeze and the pots and roses are beautiful :)

Alexandra
03-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Haha Eighty+! It is great to read your comments and what your artist eyes are seeing.:D

Thank you Ken. This program is intoxicating really. Can't help but dive in the rabbit hole. The magic wand on low setting, the paint bucket, and the filters on top layer make it even more fun. Stopping is the hard part.

Pete, Robyn, thanks so much to taking a look and your kind comments!
Robyn, I loved your photograph and your painting, awesome!
Pete, you too!
I'm not ready to upload one yet. Still working on my arm that doesn't reach up to the hair these days. At a disadvantage.:p

Hi Jean, so pleased that you liked them, thanks so much to taking a look and your kind comments! Also, I wanted to add that I enjoyed viewing your beautiful photo too!

coops
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
This is lovely Sandy and I really like the design on the jars. Hope you are doing ok:)

drawing4art
03-25-2013, 02:41 AM
I love your work, so beautiful and very creative...the vases especially are nice:)

RobertSWade
03-25-2013, 05:17 AM
Ah! So it was blue aliens who so admirably wired your brain! Send them feedback saying all is going splendidly with the beta testing.

pat1940
03-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Sandy, love the textures and colors, this is very impressive, love it, P.S. will have to wait till Tue to leave for Canada, due to weather

Alexandra
03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
This little girl doesn't look happy.lol. (This one is a copy and play on Mary Engelbreit's original image from her wit and whimsy calendar 2012) I don't like to use other's work, but wanted to learn to draw something from this style. The rest of my doodles are from my own imagination.
Also, I wanted to add the other clay pots without the roses. I like it better without them.

Dear Katie, I am doing my very best dear friend. The therapists told me that I tripled in range gain. I have to do the stretching every two hours or it wants to freeze up again. It is very common these days, and thankfully I've heard a lot of success stories with the right exercises. Thanks for the kind comment too.

Drawing4art, You are very kind, thanks so very much.

Bob, I think so. (Just kidding-though I feel like it sometimes) I've always been the square peg that didn't fit in with the round holes of the world-lol. BTW, I love your photo dear friend.

Pat, thanks dear friend. I cannot believe this weather Canada and the UK are having. Good grief. And here I am down here about to set sail. It has rained so much I am afraid my trees will fall over.

SCP
03-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Great work Sandy! Your willows in the wind look fantastic ,and your latest entry is wonderful really captured the pose well .Keep up the good work.;):D:D:D

Lima
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Alessandra, your work is a joy for us to see. Different, colorful, beautiful .

Alexandra
03-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Scott, Oriane, thanks so much dear friends.