PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Life

gxhpainter2
01-20-2013, 07:48 AM
part natural... part engineered...the foundation of the Brave New World..

copespeak
01-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Such saturated colours. I love it! :D

grayflo
01-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Some juicy looking creepy-crawlies here! But as you say, it's the foundation of a brave new world. The triangular shape is not yet complete.

i love your pieces gxhpainter. There is so much to feed the eye, both the outer one and the inner one.

justjean
01-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Gary, such wonderful colours and textures

D Akey
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Childlike.

Very interesting how an abstract can draw such associations for me. I get an impression and ask myself why I get that hit. Qualities of bright unmixed color, and toothyness of crayon seem to stand out most prominently for me. The individual bits speak to me more so that an overall unity. I think of a puzzle and I'm still trying to ferret out the question, which in itself could be considered pretty profound, considering the life process beginning with a wide-eyed kid. My dad used to ask me when I was like 5 or so what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, "I dunno". Nowadays I've graduated to "How the hell should I know. Quit asking me dad. . . I know you left the planet over a decade ago. Let up, can't you? I wanna be a cowboy, okay?" :rolleyes: But I digress. . .

That's how I find my mind going with this one.

screenpainter
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
I think you got the Klee thing going on here. Very pretty piece Gary.

Alexandra
01-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Excellent.:)

gxhpainter2
01-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Such saturated colours. I love it! :Dthanks copespeak, I started wanted to work in shades of gray and black and oops! suddenly my hand was shifted the color picker to bright unmixed primaries :rolleyes:

Some juicy looking creepy-crawlies here! But as you say, it's the foundation of a brave new world. The triangular shape is not yet complete.

i love your pieces gxhpainter. There is so much to feed the eye, both the outer one and the inner one. thanks grayflo ,I really appreciate your comments. and happy that the work satisfies..:cool:

Gary, such wonderful colours and textures thanks justjean, for stopping by :)

Childlike.

Very interesting how an abstract can draw such associations for me. I get an impression and ask myself why I get that hit. Qualities of bright unmixed color, and toothyness of crayon seem to stand out most prominently for me. The individual bits speak to me more so that an overall unity. I think of a puzzle and I'm still trying to ferret out the question, which in itself could be considered pretty profound, considering the life process beginning with a wide-eyed kid. My dad used to ask me when I was like 5 or so what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said, "I dunno". Nowadays I've graduated to "How the hell should I know. Quit asking me dad. . . I know you left the planet over a decade ago. Let up, can't you? I wanna be a cowboy, okay?" :rolleyes: But I digress. . .

That's how I find my mind going with this one. LOL your comments are a delight as usual, and although humorous very on target, I was aiming to get the primary, initial stages of form and color on its way to becoming something when it grew up. This because I was recently reading a scientific article on the advances in synthetic biology.

I think you got the Klee thing going on here. Very pretty piece Gary. yes reaching into his most verdant works..

Excellent.:) thanks Sandy , always a pleasure to hear from you.

cartuneman
01-21-2013, 05:28 AM
I love the balance of color and the varied yet motive texture that pulls the eye in, Great work sir! Oh and every thing Mr. D akey said...lol

gxhpainter2
01-22-2013, 04:55 AM
I love the balance of color and the varied yet motive texture that pulls the eye in, Great work sir! Oh and every thing Mr. D akey said...lol thanks John, always a pleasure to get your expert's eye to review and comment.!