PDA

View Full Version : Life As I see it Today.

copespeak
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Lots of stinky stuff happening at the moment, so I'm letting off steam.

I quite like it though. Catharsis maybe!

eighty+
01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Pluto. ??? :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
01-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi eighty+..... cryptic comment? Elaborate??? :D

D Akey
01-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Hanging on for dear life, is what I see in this one. The symbolism could be applied to many things. Knowing that you are an activist (started with that petition you put forward about the export of animals from Australia) makes me think that this is an animal (symbolized by a pet under a coffee table) in the home(land) and the outside forces are sweeping through to whisk them away in a (pardon the expression) a shit storm.

I'm getting you're both describing that these animals maintain their heart despite all, and it seems like you are shouting a reminder calling on others to find the heart in themselves - relating to the animals on the heart level.

Or some variation of that animal heart thing. . . could just be a pet dog is fighting to live. Anyway, it's a tough one to look at for any length of time for me like listening to the cries of a wounded animal.

Or, since you keep sheep (and rabbits?), and I kinda get you care about them as if they were a pet, and have grown fond of them, that there is the obvious conflict that they are livestock to much of the rest of the world.

Or I don't get it at all, hahaha. Hope whatever prompted this sorts itself out for you.

kenmo
01-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Cool ideal... I suspect the painting represents what a lot of people feel like today...

limey-g
01-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Kind of neat, to me it is like you just let your mind guide your stylus with whatever was running through your mind.
Not worrying about anything looking artistically correct, so a true representation of your feelings at the time.
Well done.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
copespeak...it is kinda cool, muddy, violent, love a real mixture of emotions... have you been affected by the terrible firestorms ?... nice work on this..

Starry_Eve
01-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Most abstracts aren't eye-appealing to me, but I do like the ones that can give off an expressive energy about them despite their 'what-the-heck-is-it-supposed-to-be' ambiguity. I think copespeak's turbulent picture is quite cool-looking, and at first, I thought it was a half-goat/cow wearing a superman cape sliding pell-mell into who-knows-what! :p I also love the heart representing that there's always love in the middle of all the craziness that's being endured. And there you have my 2 cents worth analysis. Did I mention that I really like it?

Some of our best creative inspirations can occur during the worst times of our lives. Terrific work, copespeak! I hope your world settles soon.

copespeak
01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello All, and thank for your wonderful comments. D Akey, you are amazing, and your perception warrants me boring you with a shortish precis of what is happening.... because you are SO right.

My glorious standard poodle had an eye removed last July. The other eye flared up with the same problem only a couple of months later and was diagnosed by a different vet as Pannus, an hereditary eye condition that always affects both eyes. It is now treated simply with cortisone drops (for life), and remains a viable eye. That led me to come to the conclusion that the first eye could have been saved if the vet had gone to the trouble of trying other treatments before taking it.

I have lodged a complaint to the Veterinary Board and a dispute is underway. I wanted an acknowledgement that she had let Lily down and my $1000 returned. The vet clinic refused, saying she had provided all the options required.

Now, the case notes have been jiggled around to make me look bad and clear her name, which were forwarded from the offending clinic to vets Lily has seen since. Fortunately, she was a bit too clever and I can disprove them pretty easily.

BUT there's more!

Within days of the surgery, Lily began jerking and twitching on that side of her face.... jumping so much, she was falling over, and her quality of life was being affected. I began to suspect nerve damage from the surgery.

Last Friday, I took her to a canine neurologist, who took an enormous amount of time to diagnose. Lily had a huge day, with a long trip into town, numerous tests, etc, etc, so much so her twitching escalated to almost non-stop.

The diagnosis came via email yesterday. I was right! Her Trigeminal nerve has been most likely damaged in the surgery.

She is now on anti-convulsants, and we are hoping that we will see some relief for her in the coming weeks.

The nasty vet(s)? Watch out! I am a bulldog when crossed, especially when my loved companion is suffering. She is the MOST beautiful dog....

We all hope for peace. I heard silly old Oprah Winfrey say years ago, 'Do you want peace, or do you want to be right?' I try to live that way most of the time. I've regarded this as an academic exercise with all the researching and having well thought through arguments. But when she lied to make me look bad, I crossed the line and am working on being right.

So there you go. Mr Akey, I almost cried when I read your post. It's been a painful time.

Starry Eve, yep, you're pretty close too.

Coffee table? Maybe not. Superman cape? Sounds possible. Maybe a combination of Lily and I, as she's tall with a long nose and wouldn't fit under a coffee table. Maybe the 'table leg' is just part of the many obstacles placed in our way.

gxh, no, thankfully we have escaped the fires this year, but other states are having a difficult time.
Limey-g and Kenmo, the mind is an amazing thing.

It just grew without conscious input, and began with ink pen squiggle with eyes..... Maybe I'll do more.

grayflo
01-15-2013, 09:47 AM
What a horrible time you and your dear pet have had, Copespeak. Eighty's comment about Pluto was spot on. I think he was remembering the Disney lollopy dog with big eyes and floppy ears. See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_(Disney).

Mairzie Dotes
01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
copespeak,
With all of the extremely offensive conditions that this wide eyed
entity seems to be swimming in, the heart still continues to
radiate, glow brilliantly as if a beacon, in it's unrelenting resolve
of overcoming the unsettling predicament. Quite grafic on an
emotional level but also extremely touching in the complexity
of this very creative, expressive piece. :D

copespeak
01-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Ah yes, grayflo, I did think of Pluto, the dog. Then I wondered whether Pluto might have been a fiery planet spinning through space.

This has been a catharsis in more ways than one... and fun too. Thank you. :0)

copespeak
01-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Thank you Mairzie Dotes! xx

eighty+
01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi eighty+..... cryptic comment? Elaborate??? :D

ok I'LL try saw pluto's face strait-away holding the little duck held in his mouth trying to escape from the bush fires I saw the Ducks heart was pounding with fear as he was like

the figure on the prow with his feet stuck out like as if guiding but I couldn't fathom out the force??:eek: then it struck they had got caught in a water drop, and were now

up to there necks in muddy water like so much debris, but could see on Pluto's face,:( he was grimly fighting to save his friend the little Duck ok :D:D:D:D:D:D

copespeak
01-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Fantastic! I love it! Did you see the 2 arrows down the bottom right, going against the flow?

Thanks eighty+. :D

eighty+
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
my Thanks for Your Sketch copespeak as without it I would be stuck with Leopold in his Studio :( :) :cool:

copespeak
01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
'Leopold out in his studio' sounds pretty benign, but not so maybe?

eighty+
01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
.........benign ??? well maybe he is a Archduke but we never talk as I come from the wrong side of the Track :eek: :D :D :cool: he write's what he wants me to do on my Pad

...........yesturday had to clean the windows had plent of hot water and Meth and it was sunny in the garden nice, not keen on ladder work now, I'm older, :eek: its not the hieght its the

........Legs dodgy I feel wobble, now feel I should hold on with both hands :D:D .

sorry about the arrows didn't see them but their pointing uphill and I'm going down :D :D :D

Looked at your stuff liked what I saw ok SLAINTE (Irish) STATTE BBONE Si Si ( O The Mighty One Caesar's Italien ) :D :D :D :D :D :D

copespeak
01-16-2013, 08:50 AM
It's a bit hard to hold on with both hands, PLUS wash the windows at the same time. Being an Arch Duke doesn't make a nice person methinks.

Hang On! :D

hypotaxis
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
May the long time sun
Shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

Brett

copespeak
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Wonderful! Thank you hypotaxis. The wonderful people in this forum have warmed me no end. xx

justjean
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
I do not understand abstracts but this one seems to be saying never mind the cat and dog fights in life there is still love :)

Good luck on your vet fight. A vet said my dog had to have an op and after 1700.00 $ for prep, exrays, etc. etc when the orthopedic surgeon arrived he said no way, his cost would have been 3500.00 . The first vet has since left the practice and the practice did give me about 1000.00 back so good luck :)

D Akey
01-16-2013, 11:48 AM
What a beautiful poodle! That's an endearing portrait you took, and she probably looks that beautifully expressive consistently.

That's a nasty situation to be sure. I'm sorry you have that in front of you presently. Still the dog may recover from the nerve damage to the point of calmness. We can hope. Organisms are sometimes pretty resilient when there's lots of love encouraging them back into health. And clearly you and Lily have such a bond. I hope it eases.

There's something I randomly came across that sort of caught my attention. Maybe it was meant for you as well as me since I have feral cats that came with the house and live it daily. But for you the quote is from The Little Prince by St. Euxbury:

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1020792.Antoine_de_Saint_Exup_ry), The Little Prince (http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2180358)

In your case, it's not a rose, it's a Lily. I've no doubt you would never need reminding of that, and poodles and our other pets often come tame out of the package. But when we love 'em it's how the heart behaves thereafter, isn't it.

She doubtless gets that you are there for her.

Best wishes on all this.

copespeak
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks D.Akey and justjean for sending your good vibes.

Yes, Lily is just that.... glorious. Though just about to turn 14, she is loyal, loving, highly intelligent, and protective when I need her to be. I am a retired dog groomer and owned and handled lots of dogs over the years, and she is the absolute pinnacle in doggiedom.

This vet has ruined her twilight years, and I can't escape that fact every time I look at her ravaged face and twitching.

I will move on, but will rattle this woman's cage for a bit longer.

I love your quote, and will save it.

coops
01-17-2013, 03:34 AM
A very emotive painting Copespeak. Hope everything turns out well for you:)

copespeak
01-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank you Coops; you're very kind. :D

Lima
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice, very nice. It is all about feeling and sentiment.

copespeak
01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Thank you Lima, yes it's been an emotional time. xx