PDA

View Full Version : The blacksmith

limey-g
01-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Thought I would try something away from pretty ladies, ref to something i found online.
Geoff

justjean
01-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Looks good and softer than your usual work :)

Shibui
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I think it is wonderful. Although I don' t have horses, I supposedly live in the horse capital of the world..Ocala, Fl.. You could probably sell this easily down here. If you post to Artrage Facebook, I will share and pin it , if you don't mind.

D Akey
01-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Boy, this's got a really nice feel to it, the like of which I have seen in period American paintings. You have to love the light in a smithy's sprawling chestnut shaded . . . I got lost there. . . forgot how the poem goes. But I think you got it very nicely. I started buying some blacksmith tools a little while back. Fascinating art/craft. The chap's glasses make him contemporary. So I can relate to his intensity. Nice work!. . . I mean the painting. . . nice job there.

copespeak
01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Lovely work with rich colours and atmosphere.

It reminds me, I have some photos I took of a magnificent blacksmith a couple of years ago. I'll have to hunt them out and enjoy them again.

Well done!

semd74
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Very good...the colors, textures and lighting are all well done Geoff

Marilyn Anne
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Beautifully painted. All the different textures and surfaces are just right. Truly well done!

limey-g
01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
It sure bring back memories for me, as a youngster there was a smithy just around the corner from my grandparents and I use to love going and spending time watching the Blacksmith fashioning horseshoes and a multitude of other items. Always kind of a dark place other than the light coming from the fire.
Thanks again.
Geoff

coops
01-14-2013, 02:08 AM
This one is a keeper Geoff, from the lighting to the fabric this is one great painting:)

Saphire
01-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Everything about this is wonderful Geoff, the lighting the colours the texture, everything, love it.

Arjen Vriezekolk
01-14-2013, 04:53 AM
What a great piece of work!

Arjen

jibes
01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Great job geoff! Nice composition and subject.

limey-g
01-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Thank you everyone ,your kind words are very much appreciated.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Geoff, a nice diversion from pretty ladies...it glows with strength and vibrant color... very very nice painting...I am sure anyone would love to have it hanging in their house.:cool::cool::):)

limey-g
01-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Geoff, a nice diversion from pretty ladies...it glows with strength and vibrant color... very very nice painting...I am sure anyone would love to have it hanging in their house.:cool::cool::):)

Thanks Gary glad you liked it.
Geoff

Tonyjazz
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
The sight of red hot metal frightened early man, still does today. Fine use of color to achieve that red hot metal effect almost looks like a spectrum of color on the heated metal. Very well done and very interesting history on these few men who practiced this. I remember reading about Black Smiths and White Smiths. Somehow associated with black magic and white magic. Great artwork.......................TJ

hypotaxis
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Very nicely done Geoff!

Brett

AT-TA
01-15-2013, 09:26 AM
This is a masterpiece, Geoff.It speaks to many people about the way life was lived not so long time ago. And it is such warm and pleasant work. I like it. :-)

limey-g
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
The sight of red hot metal frightened early man, still does today. Fine use of color to achieve that red hot metal effect almost looks like a spectrum of color on the heated metal. Very well done and very interesting history on these few men who practiced this. I remember reading about Black Smiths and White Smiths. Somehow associated with black magic and white magic. Great artwork.......................TJ
Thanks Tony glad you liked it and yes there is something about the sight of very hot metal as a child I used to get to pump the bellows needed to get the fire unto a high working temp.
Geoff

Very nicely done Geoff!

Brett
Thanks Brett it was fun to work on.
Geoff

This is a masterpiece, Geoff.It speaks to many people about the way life was lived not so long time ago. And it is such warm and pleasant work. I like it. :-)

Thank you glad you liked what I did with it, very much appreciated.
Geoff

kenmo
01-16-2013, 04:28 AM
Damn impressive painting.....

pat1940
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
WOW Geoff, this is wonderful work, I love this, great job

limey-g
01-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Damn impressive painting.....
Thanks for that.
Geoff