PDA

View Full Version : Red Wakes Up

Lindae
01-10-2013, 05:31 AM
Not my usual style, so this was a bit of a stretch--lots of fun experimenting with this one!

shadowslake
01-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Pleaseing to look at for sure. Well done.

Docsmith626
01-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Looks like a woodcut. Makes the eyes jump out.

Lindae
01-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys! I was experimenting with a scratch board-like technique on my iPad. Need to perfect it, but I might try a few more this way.

Bobbyray
01-10-2013, 07:01 AM
A very interesting technique and style! Well done and keep on mastering that.

D Akey
01-10-2013, 08:25 AM
What a fascinating image. I agree that it becomes a bit about the lines themselves, which do an optical thing, but on the other hand, despite that I can very clearly see the subject and you did a remarkable job on conveying beauty and subtle emotion. It's alluring and intimate. And I would never before have thought one could have pulled that off in this fashion. Brilliant feat.

Yeah, I can see where this is like looking at an engraving that has been colored really magnified. As a thought with the one you did, if you have all the black lines on a separate layer, you might be able to go in and work some of the effects like transparency and whatever which would give the same image a subtler appearance yet you would be using all the elements you have already created. So it's merely an adjustment which you could easily play around with. It may or may not work with all the settings. Maybe you could change the color of the line work to more matching of the local colors and keep the opacity at full. Lots of options. I do that sort of thing all the time, although I haven't done something exactly like this.

Be that as it may, I am impressed. Well done you!

damasocl
01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Excellent technique .... seems an engraving (on wood) ...
Excelente técnica...parece un grabado (sobre madera)...

GRSArts
01-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Wonderful painting technique. I love it. It reminds me a lot of Monique Straub's Art http://www.moniquestraub.com/ . Similar but not the same. Thank you!

copespeak
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Scratchboard is so easy and such fun on AR. This is very clever.

Lindae
01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Wonderful painting technique. I love it. It reminds me a lot of Monique Straub's Art http://www.moniquestraub.com/ . Similar but not the same. Thank you!
Thanks for the intro to Monique Straub's work...quite like her stuff!

Lindae
01-10-2013, 11:00 AM
What a fascinating image. I agree that it becomes a bit about the lines themselves, which do an optical thing, but on the other hand, despite that I can very clearly see the subject and you did a remarkable job on conveying beauty and subtle emotion. It's alluring and intimate. And I would never before have thought one could have pulled that off in this fashion. Brilliant feat.

Yeah, I can see where this is like looking at an engraving that has been colored really magnified. As a thought with the one you did, if you have all the black lines on a separate layer, you might be able to go in and work some of the effects like transparency and whatever which would give the same image a subtler appearance yet you would be using all the elements you have already created. So it's merely an adjustment which you could easily play around with. It may or may not work with all the settings. Maybe you could change the color of the line work to more matching of the local colors and keep the opacity at full. Lots of options. I do that sort of thing all the time, although I haven't done something exactly like this.

Be that as it may, I am impressed. Well done you!

Thanks for the suggestions and the terrific comments and suggestions! Now my feeble brain is bubbling with new techniques to try either on this one or the next.

Lindae
01-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and the terrific comments and suggestions! Now my feeble brain is bubbling with new techniques to try either on this one or the next.

I followed your suggestion and changed the opacity of the ink layer--much softer now. I really think it improved it! Thanks again!

screenpainter
01-10-2013, 09:17 PM
stunning art piece. great idea... executed beautifully.

D Akey
01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Niiiiice! Gives it a completely different feeling. Yeah, there are so many cool things artists can do. Sometimes little changes in the program settings can make a great impact. Go go go!!!!!

Marumaar
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
i've never seen such a combination, it is exquisite! and so expressive. The way you managed the eyes and lips, contrasting the pure lines technique, it is really something brand new :) (at least for me)

Mairzie Dotes
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Lindae,
Dramatic and enticing. There is a hypnotic perception in the flow of
distinctive, sophisticated lines that seems to seize and capture the
attention of those mesmerizing neon blue eyes. What an impressive
and stunning work of art ... I absolutely love this! :D :D :D

Lindae
01-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Lindae,
Dramatic and enticing. There is a hypnotic perception in the flow of
distinctive, sophisticated lines that seems to seize and capture the
attention of those mesmerizing neon blue eyes. What an impressive
and stunning work of art ... I absolutely love this! :D :D :D

mairze dotes, thank you so much for your very kind comments! I really wanted her to capture the viewer and not let go. My work doesn't usually do that. Hopefully I can do that again sometime.

coops
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
This is such a wonderfully dramatic painting and the second one is my favourite. Her eyes have such depth and the seem to look right at one. Your a very talented lady, well done:)

Lindae
01-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks Coops! You're too kind.

Lindae
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
i've never seen such a combination, it is exquisite! and so expressive. The way you managed the eyes and lips, contrasting the pure lines technique, it is really something brand new :) (at least for me)
Marumaar, this is something new for me too. Thank you for your compliments!