PDA

View Full Version : UFO over USVI

Bobbyray
01-01-2013, 10:17 AM
haha not really, just kidding! I created this entire scene. The 3d object (UFO) was sculpted in Sculptris and the background scene is a photograph. This is sooo easy to do. Lotsa fun too. I am getting a lot better now with the UFO creations but still a long way to go to get the one I want to use. Learning is fun but it is so easy to get sidetracked in design. This one I call "Space Bus" for the future Mars Base station, a personnel transport. It can carry 1000 people. What you ask, is the power source? Anti-gravity and plasma pulse. It is a 7 month trip.

Happy New Year to All

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Is this a tribute to the movie Flight of the navigator?

gxhpainter2
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
bobbyray... I an usually not a big fan of space art ( my loss ) but this is really nicely realized with the gleaming sculpted form and the slightly blurred night landscape... really a nice one.. that 3D quality really adds here..:):)

Bobbyray
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Well, not that one but this one is.

Glad you enjoyed it........... such fun to do. This is a great learning experience to learn how to do chrome.

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Would love to see a vid of how you do this. Love it.

Bobbyray
01-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Shadowslake,

Thanks for that.... A video? Humm I am working on a short 3d movie. At the moment my program that will do that is unavailable...I will see what I can do and let you know then....

Do you use Sculptris? Are you wanting to learn it? Q? [email protected] ([email protected])

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Shadowslake,

Thanks for that.... A video? Humm I am working on a short 3d movie. At the moment my program that will do that is unavailable...I will see what I can do and let you know then....

Do you use Sculptris? Are you wanting to learn it? Q? [email protected] ([email protected])

I want to learn everything but it is like eating an elephant. One bite at a time.

Bobbyray
01-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Annnnnnd this one is "the PURSUIT"........military in pursuit of a UFO......the chase is on.

Mairzie Dotes
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Bobbyray,
Excellent metallic work on these UFO's. Stand out sci-fi
pieces they are. I wouldn't mind being beamed up for a
lofty spin in those shimmery flights of fancy and ... do
they take reservations? ;) :)

Bobbyray
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
There is actually a new mission to Mars in progress by a private group. It is a one way ticket. No return. That is true. They are not waiting for NASA or any other slow to go groups to do this. The mission? Colonize Mars. They seek volunteers to do this. Applications are now being taken for anyone interested.

There’s an old joke about sending someone you hate on a one-way trip to Mars. Now, a Dutch entrepreneur has formed a company around this concept -- and it’s no joke. Bas Lansdorp, the 35-year-old founder of Mars One (http://www.mars-one.com)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png, told FoxNews.com his company is serious about a one-way mission. The company will hold a worldwide lottery next year to select 40 people for a training team. They will then set up a mock colony in the desert, possibly somewhere in the U.S., for three months. This initial team will be reduced to ten crew members. They will then be sent to Mars, never again to return.

“We will send humans to Mars in 2023,” he told FoxNews.com. “They will live there the rest of their lives. There will be a habitat waiting for them, and we’ll start sending four people every two years.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/07/24/is-mars-one-serious-about-suicide-mission-to-red-planet/#ixzz2GlOCxqgh

Mairzie Dotes
01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Bobbyray,
Regretfully I would not be interested in a one way trip to Mars
and by the presented info. on this so called Dutch entrepreneur,
I would seriously suspect that Mr. Lansdorp might really be a
dastardly SPACE ALIEN in disguise, hadies bent on zipping some
easily led but trusting earth citizens on their first and LAST
voyage to the red planet, only to make a savory galactic goulash
meal outta them. ( I've heard that Aliens are meat eaters. :eek: )

I have now changed my mind on going ANYWHERE in a UFO so
please take my name off of the reservation list! Thank you! :)

shadowslake
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Silly girl. Everyone knows aliens are allergic to garlic.

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Silly girl. Everyone knows aliens are allergic to garlic.

shadowslake,
I am continually amazed at the unbounded knowledge that our
Art Rage members hold and ... you are absolutely correct that
space aliens are highly allergic to garlic, a side effect of a genetic
cross breeding dysfunction with human garlic spiced bean soup
lovers. If an alien eats garlic, his head will blow off! :eek: ;) :)

shadowslake
01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
I think a scientist back in the 80s discovered this and named garlic a super food as a result with the thought process of trying to make us poison to them is they eat us. At the least should make us taste bad. I wonder if vampirism was caused by a human alien hybid project to cure the aliens of this garlic reaction that was a complete failure that led to them to being alergic to sunlight as well.

pat1940
01-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Bobby, these are great, would love to know how you do the metalic so well, you can book 2 tickets for hubby and me, too wherever:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bobbyray
01-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Pat

The chrome was actually done in the free 3d Sculptris program.... I didn't do it....doh but I am learning how from it. The 3d lighting effects in Sculptris vary so I can get the effects right and observe the changes. In case you are not familiar with Sculptris it is a super easy way to model any 3d object you want to create. It is like working with clay not like all of the other 3d programs. Simple controls too. Wow I love it. It has many textures to use too.

You can make a house, building, car, plane or anything in 3d and save an 2d image in any position you like. Great for using them as a reference or tracing or adding the object into one of your paintings and then paint it as you want.

Glad you like my UFOs....... oh, read the previous posts for details on going to Mars....wo. That's real. I can't go because I have a magazine to publish and my internet connection won't reach Mars and back.

Paul Blackman
01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I really like these, thanks for sharing.

justjean
01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I'll pass on the trip thanks, but your metal is great

Bobbyray
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Paul and Justjean

Thank you....glad you like them. As I stated, I am studying the lighting effects how they interact for chrome surfaces.... As I move the 3d object around I can see the effects....now can I do it? haha Not yet. soon.

asahiart
01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
I like what you write keep it coming boss

jibes
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Great effects! I like the blured background, makes it look real! Too me the second one looks to be very tiny. Now, were it on the other side of the ship then huge

kenmo
01-12-2013, 02:28 AM
Love the UFOs... Great results...

sabena
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
wow hiper realist fantastic painting Bobbyray:rolleyes:

Bobbyray
01-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Jibes..... thanks and yes it would but the smaller craft is chasing the big UFO

Kenmo....thanks, Love your rocket model ship and paint job, one of my favorite styles....these are futuristic

Sabina.....thank you very much.....!