PDA

View Full Version : Into the Sea

shadowslake
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I call this one "Into the Sea". You cant look directly at this one close up. You have to look through it from a distance.

D Akey
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Amazing! Your best yet. What a story. Looks like somebody was being rowed over to the Isle of the Dead as in Greek Myth and they hurled the oarsman out and took over the ferry. Wondering if they will be reversing direction of the boat. . . there's a story there, I'll wager.

Anyway, this really is one hot painting. great imagery. Bravo!

coops
12-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Thats very creative Shadowslake, well done:)

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Amazing! Your best yet. What a story. Looks like somebody was being rowed over to the Isle of the Dead as in Greek Myth and they hurled the oarsman out and took over the ferry. Wondering if they will be reversing direction of the boat. . . there's a story there, I'll wager.

Anyway, this really is one hot painting. great imagery. Bravo!

Thank you. Happy you liked it. Was going for the dark mythological feeling. I am struggling to get the water just right with the light reflecting off the surface. Thoughts?

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Thats very creative Shadowslake, well done:)

I am honored someone of you skill taking the time to look at my work.

gxhpainter2
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
DAkey as usual nails it with his critque comments.... this is one of your best and I like the dark mythological quality and the green reflections in the water... nicely done for sure :)

shadowslake
01-01-2013, 02:42 PM
DAkey as usual nails it with his critque comments.... this is one of your best and I like the dark mythological quality and the green reflections in the water... nicely done for sure :)

Thank you for your kind words.

GRSArts
01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Wow, this painting opens up the imagination.

shadowslake
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Wow, this painting opens up the imagination.

One thing I did notice is that it is an upclose look at something we can not get a close look at. The moon should be small and distance. I don't know if you noticed but the water was reflecting off the water and up into the cave off the mist and walls of the top of the cave. Gives it a ghostly effect.

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
shadowslake,
I can only imagine the intent of "Into the Sea." It's a cold,
dark place to be if a story might be told. Quite intriguing
and provocative. :)

shadowslake
01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
shadowslake,
I can only imagine the intent of "Into the Sea." It's a cold,
dark place to be if a story might be told. Quite intriguing
and provocative. :)

We have all been in a cold dark place in our lives at sometime. I think with the exit in view should inspire hope for what may come even if it is a little fogy still. The light of hope reaching into the dark by reflecting off the waves sends fingers into the dark as a reaching hand offering encouragement.

Thanks for the kind words.

kenmo
01-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Painting full of mystery.... Very good...

shadowslake
01-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Painting full of mystery.... Very good...

Thank you.