PDA

View Full Version : For my mom

Gms9810
12-27-2012, 04:49 PM
I found out yesterday (Christmas), that my mom died 2 days ago. My step dad, being a jerk didn't tell me and had her funeral the following day so I wouldn't find out. I can't even go see her in a cemetery because her ashes are locked in his house. Wonderful family I had. Anyway, she liked purple and crocuses. So I made these for her. It's the best I can do for my level of experience. I did it in pencil and the palette knife. I somehow doubt that she's reading Artrage forums though.

hypotaxis
12-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I found out yesterday (Christmas), that my mom died 2 days ago. My step dad, being a jerk didn't tell me and had her funeral the following day so I wouldn't find out. I can't even go see her in a cemetery because her ashes are locked in his house. Wonderful family I had. Anyway, she liked purple and crocuses. So I made these for her. It's the best I can do for my level of experience. I did it in pencil and the palette knife. I somehow doubt that she's reading Artrage forums though.
Wonderful painting. A fitting tribute for your Mum.

Best wishes for wonderful 2013.

Brett

D Akey
12-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear. My condolences. They're lovely by any level of experience. You're her son.

screenpainter
12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
It's delicate and beautiful and a lot of heart coming out there. Sorry for your loss and for the horrible injustice and insult to you at this time of your grief and loss. Talk about adding insult to injury. Just awful. May you find goodness and mercy and hope to comfort you during this tragedy. Take care and be well friend.

copespeak
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
So sad on lots of levels. Remember your mum for what she meant to you, not what was done to you.

Lovely painting.

Shibui
12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom the day before Easter this year, so I can empathize with you in a way! Everyone has a different story, I know. My heart goes out to you!

limey-g
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
This is so lovely,such delicate colours.
Sorry for your loss at what should be a happy time of year.
Geoff

justjean
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I also am sorry fo ryour loss but you have painted a lovely tribute to your Mom

GRSArts
12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Gms, I'm sorry for your loss. The most important thing is forgiveness and your true spirit - absolute love. Your Mom knows and sees these beautiful flowers. She wants you to know she is always with you.

grayflo
12-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Gms, words fail me, to express my sadness at your loss and what you have endured. I echo the expressions of condolence already recorded by fellow forum members. Your painting shows such tenderness. I feel sure your mum must have known you loved her.

damasocl
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
My condolences...
The image is amazing!
I imagine that the flower shows your immense sorrow.

Bobbyray
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
How sad that some people are so inconsiderate and insensitive. We all encounter problems, sometimes within our own families and their beliefs or reasoning. Life can be very cruel. There is always a very special relationship between a mother and her children. That never ever ends. Your mom had a lifetime of special moments with you in her life and you remember those. Forever. It's all we have to carry on with in our lives knowing that and that She loved you and carries that love with her. Be not sad. She will always be with you in spirit and mind.

The best gift one can give is one made from love. Keep the flowers in your home to honor her and feel that love always near.

Zeropainter
12-28-2012, 11:48 PM
My deepest condolences. I am sure that your mother would like these flowers. Wish you lot of strength for this hard time.

Great big hug for you & your family! Very Nice Painting! And I can also feel your pain, coz my brother was murdered in 2007.

Mairzie Dotes
12-29-2012, 03:41 AM
The delicate, pastel bouquet is a most touching, loving tribute.
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Gms9810
12-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I'm sorry to darken the mood.

coops
12-30-2012, 02:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear of you loss and what a lovely tribute to your Mum:)

Marilyn Anne
12-31-2012, 04:38 AM
It is a difficult loss. I hope that you will feel better as the time goes on.

Gms9810
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
I will, thanks.