PDA

View Full Version : Automatic paint reloading

Waervyn
12-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Hey everyone!

Is it possible to prevent the brush from reloading every time I want to use it?
I wanted to paint something, then 'lift the brush' from the canvas, and then continue painting, however, the program decides to reload the brush during that time, which I would like to turn off if possible, but can't find out how =(

Thanks a lot again!

Someonesane
12-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Reloading in what sense? There's a way to have the paint keep the brush dirty (it's the "Auto Clean" feature on the settings panel). So if you bring blue into yellow and get a green, then lift the brush and start elsewhere, the paint will start as the green it had become. But there's no way to keep the brush dried out if has run down to no paint at all. Once you lift the brush, it is automatically reloaded with new paint. If you lower the Loading settings, the paint will run dry faster though.

Waervyn
12-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Reloading in what sense? There's a way to have the paint keep the brush dirty (it's the "Auto Clean" feature on the settings panel). So if you bring blue into yellow and get a green, then lift the brush and start elsewhere, the paint will start as the green it had become. But there's no way to keep the brush dried out if has run down to no paint at all. Once you lift the brush, it is automatically reloaded with new paint. If you lower the Loading settings, the paint will run dry faster though.

Thanks, yeah found out about the auto-clean feature, but that's not what I meant.
I indeed meant to keep the brush dried out after stroking a bit, but as you say, it's not possible :/

Ah well, I'll find a way around it =)

Thanks!

Steve B
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah, the "drying out" of the brush is a progressive process for Artrage, that starts over when the brush is lifted. Having it "stay" at a certain dryness is a really interesting idea that is not currently being done. You should put it in the wish list thread for the next version of Artrage. It's a really interesting and potentially very useful idea. One of those "it's so great to be digital" concepts.