PDA

View Full Version : Tears in heaven...

L Skylar Brown
12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
...for NewTown.

Mairzie Dotes
12-23-2012, 11:46 AM
L. Skylar Brown,
Touching, heart rendering and well expressed! :)

pat1940
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Very well expressed Skylar, such saddness we all feel, nothing worse than loosing a child

Shibui
12-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you! My niece lives in Newtown and her son was in Lockdown until about 3pm that day at Newtown Elem. We are so thankful he is safe, but they had a period of not knowing what school, how many shooters, etc. although we are close, she and my sister, the Grandmother 7 miles away, still don 't want to talk about it. All I can do is pray for them all and respect their privacy. Your tribute is beautiful!

limey-g
12-23-2012, 01:07 PM
A fitting painting Skylar, nice job on the eyelashes, for me they are always a challenge.
Seasons Greetings.
Geoff

Peter Pinckney
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
A difficult subject Skylar well painted.

I could not believe the response of the NRA!

silvy
12-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Very touching image, masterfully done!:)
Another beauty.
Seasons Greetings to you!

GRSArts
12-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Thank you Skylar, nicely done.

gxhpainter2
12-25-2012, 08:10 AM
thank you Skylar for expressing so well the pain we all feel over this tragedy...

Caesar
12-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Just another most dramatic tragedy followed by another weapons sales rise. Folly added to folly, a right to safety relying on guns to anyone. Tears flowing from all our eyes, the ones who are parents for sure. Why not leave anyone freedom to buy a fighter bomber and fly it, carry and deliver bombs, even without a pilot licence then ? The world is giving us too many other reasons to cry, in particular on this Christmas too.
Slaughters with gas in Syria of humble people looking fro bread in a town taken by rebels who are too, on their turn, often intolerant islamists, Christians killed in their churches by the devilish, criminal islamist followers of Boko Haram in Nigeria to serve the truly "haram" oil interest for gold and absolute power of their mad bosses ... Peace on Earth is still the most revolutionary message and who pursues it are the ones who may perhaps claim to serve God, because it may only be His gift given to our hearts.

kenmo
01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Very touching painting....

shadowslake
01-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Such powerfull imagery. Love it. My heart goes out to the people who lost loved ones. My guns go to protect my family from those who would hurt them. As long as criminals have guns those who need protection from criminals should have guns to defend against such tradagy.

copespeak
01-10-2013, 08:40 AM
We aren't permitted to freely have guns in Australia and licensing is strictly controlled. An amnesty/buyback was executed when we had a major slaughter by a disturbed young man maybe 12 years ago.

We feel no need for guns at all, and feel safe in our homes. Criminals have guns of course, but mostly use them on each other, which is poetic justice, I suppose.

Caesar, I didn't read it when you wrote it, but your entry is beautiful on this thread, and echoes my feelings exactly.

Violence breeds violence.

I do like your painting ..... very much.

D Akey
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Really strong, putting an extremely difficult concept into an iconic kind of image. It gives voice to some who may not be able to articulate it so concisely.

justjean
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Skylar, a great painting and Caesar's remarks ring so true