PDA

View Full Version : Perfect tracing/cloning tool

M. Aster
12-20-2012, 02:32 PM

This is probably the best tracing/cloning tool there is. It is very quick and easy and creates a precise clone.

(The photo was found on Flickr by Alex Saurel called "Ethiopian Girl")

semd74
12-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Works perfectly...I have been having fun with it.

Strandy
12-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Well ...whats the point to do so? Isn't import photo to layer better way to achieve the same?

bruce_cstexas
12-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the great tip! This effect has all kinds of application.

Thanks again.

Bruce Rose

copespeak
12-21-2012, 09:46 AM
It would be very good to stipple the suggestion of an image. What a creative idea. I like it!

M. Aster
12-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Well ...whats the point to do so? Isn't import photo to layer better way to achieve the same?
...there has to be a reason to do it...maybe to trace a part of an image you have already painted into the one you are working on? Or like this portrait: it is made from at least 7 different photos found on the Internet. Eyes from one man, nose from another, mouth from a third, the face from yet another and so on. The man exists just as a digital construction made using ArtRage. That is how this tracin/cloning thech can be used.

M. Aster
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM

I created this clone (to the right) in less then one minute by using the Glitter Tube. Original size 800 x 1000m pixels. I do not think the need for artistic skills are much needed of me in this kind of cloning/tracing. Neither do I think I learn very much by cloning/tracing like this. I also think I am doing some copyright violation by using someone elses art without permission.

Cloning and tracing like this is a delicate matter. Therefore I never ever use someone elses art, photos or paintings, to make other believe it is my work of art. I would not even dream of it. Tracing/cloning like this Elvis portrait requires almost 0% of my artistic skills, because the softrware makes the process almost automated. I just have to move my hand and keep a little eye on what I am doing. No fun at all, really.

That is what I think. Just me. IMHO

copespeak
12-24-2012, 10:27 AM
The only reason I would use cloning is to repair/ replace a bad area in an image in my Photoshop program.

Tracing, for those who like to use it, gives the rough outline of an area they want to paint. Maybe you see it as colouring in, but there is skill required to produce a good result. I look at it like you do when you embroider a prescibed image on to fabric. It's fun, relaxing and still has your stamp on it.

Everyone is on their own journey, and being righteous about your point is non-productive, 'trolling' and makes you unpopular on the forum. I, for one am very tired of reading that members are upset about your posts.

This is a warm, friendly place to be, and I am not going to have it spoiled by you. I will no longer open any of your posts.

"You get more with honey than with vinegar" is a saying that applies here.

Peter Pinckney
12-24-2012, 10:58 AM
@ Robyn...........you're wasting your time reacting to MASTER Sweedie Twaager............just say Mork.....Mork.......Mork!

Everyone will understand that!:p

copespeak
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm practicing! Mork, Mork, Mork!!! (What does that mean???)

rpavich
12-25-2012, 07:03 AM
this thread is so convoluted I can't even tell what it's about.

Peter Pinckney
12-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry................it's Bork.....Bork..........Bork.........failing memory due to age.............SO SORRY MASTER!

Look up the Muppets and the Swedish Chef lyrics and all will be revealed ............ THE MASTER is a Swede called Sweedie.......AKA Twaager ......... AKA M.Aster..........who has a problem with the rest of us on these friendly forums and regularly leaves and then..........returns to wreak havoc with his vitriolic comments ......... God only knows why.

I have a mindset that has always told me to live and let live............ and it's served me very well for all of my 71 years on this planet ....... maybe when MASTER reaches my age some of this approach will have filtered through to him........maybe not.who knows?

references:http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?42741-Think-Before-You-Post
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?42753-Forum-Etiquette

It will probably still not make too much sense due to the fact that this guy keeps deleting his posts when things don't go his way.............aww poor man!

Rowena
01-16-2013, 11:52 PM
...there has to be a reason to do it...maybe to trace a part of an image you have already painted into the one you are working on? Or like this portrait: it is made from at least 7 different photos found on the Internet. Eyes from one man, nose from another, mouth from a third, the face from yet another and so on. The man exists just as a digital construction made using ArtRage. That is how this tracin/cloning thech can be used.

:cool:...what an interesting idea, and witty I think too as its an idea that plays around with verisimilitude and photographic likeness - the image looks just like a photo, but as it turns out is really a very skilled digital 'collage' - and done digitally, it is seamless - so once again it plays with verisimilitude. Clever!

I must add that I appreciate the many varied points of view expressed on this forum, certainly including that of Sweedie who's polite comments offer some alternative thinking which is good. This is a friendly forum but surely if everyone were to only offer honeyed comments (as you might to small children) it would become rather patronizing??
A little vinegar with some honey doth an excellent dressing make :D

mindbluee
02-27-2013, 05:26 AM
Copyright infringement is very vital and I do really like your comments about it that you realize that you are doing copyright violation by using someone else art without permission.

intellectual property firms australia (http://ip-gateway.com.au/)

robint
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
yes indeed it is an interesting technique when used with Trace. The glitter particles take on the colour of the trace image underneath. When you scrabble it around the image gradually gets denser BUT if you overdo it then the image deteriorates and becomes granular

I think this is one of the much vaunted techniques used in Painter

I was going to ask if AR was going to emulate some of the more useful brush cloning features of Painter in the future

After all AR is on a winner now, might as well completely trash the opposition (cos its so unreliable and cost 10x the price)

Thanx for the tip I shall keep it up my arsenal

Robin;)

robint
03-16-2013, 01:54 AM
see how it degrades through over use on the nose

Henry Stahle
03-16-2013, 10:03 PM
see how it degrades through over use on the nose

If you turn of the canvas light it makes the pic look a lot better since the bump mapping does not distort the grains.

robint
03-16-2013, 11:10 PM
yeah see what you mean, thanx, follow that yellow brick road