PDA

View Full Version : Trying Not to Fiddle

copespeak
12-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I love ornamental goldfish, and even used to sell them years ago. I would hunt up the most beautiful from the wholesalers, and really got to appreciate all the different types and 'designs'.

So I thought I have a crack at some. First one I messed around too much and got bogged down in detail, so thought I would just loosen up a bit. Here's my first effort. I think I might go back in and put some more fish together in a group.

D Akey
12-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Everybody sing. . .

"Does you chewing gum loose its flavor on the goldfish overnight. . . "

What an interesting head they have. Beautiful fish. Tropical fish were just made to be painted.

copespeak
12-14-2012, 08:43 AM
He's actually a High Head Oranda, and goldfish are in fact cold water fish. They are so quaint.

He does look like he's got a gob of chewing gum on his head!! I never thought of it that way. :0)

limey-g
12-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Everybody sing. . .

"Does you chewing gum loose its flavor on the goldfish overnight. . . "

What an interesting head they have. Beautiful fish. Tropical fish were just made to be painted.
Never had you down as a Lonnie Donegan man.:):)

Marilyn Anne
12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
I think he is amazing !

D Akey
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Never had you down as a Lonnie Donegan man.:):)

Oh, lad, you betcha. . . although I did hear it on the radio. But the most surprising performance was a lass named Patty S. in me 6th grade class who performed it solo adding a "squeak squeak" as she pinched her throat after "but you swallowed it in spite". I thought "Golly! That's creative license!" Blew me horizons wide open thereafter and I set off to learn Casey at the Bat which I performed in 6th grade "to the wonderment of all".

Just to share with the youngsters like Copespeak, heh? Limey-G, you yourself may enjoy another listen to it yourself. Surprisingly good recording for youtube. Jolly good fun! ;););)

Lonnie Donegan - Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavour? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bFTVi0hHs)

copespeak
12-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Youngster like me? I wish.......

We used to sing that song all the time when it was popular, and it still gets a run every now and again.

Caesar
12-14-2012, 08:54 PM
What a gentle and delicate painting! I like it!

copespeak
12-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Thank you for your compliments, and for the added humour!

gxhpainter2
12-15-2012, 07:19 AM
a beautiful work...could be a whole series of works..:cool::cool:

copespeak
12-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks Mr gxh! I am thinking the same thing. I am using a very dry oil brush, which scrubs beautifully, but only very light colour .... like watercolour.

It's a bit rough and I would change things here and there, but like watercolour, you can't mess with it too much. Sometimes being quick and rough gives it spontaneity you won't get fiddling and planning. :0)

coops
12-18-2012, 12:05 AM
This is so delicate, I like it very very much:)

copespeak
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Thank you coops! I am in the process of rebuilding my website, so haven't gone back in for a further play. :0)