PDA

View Full Version : My first try at drawing for real....pencil man!

rpavich
12-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I was watching a shading video on youtube and decided to copy the "pencil man" that the person had drawn as an example.
This is my first real "tried really hard to do a good job" effort.

My aim is to learn to caricature, and I'm a newbie at drawing and sketching...so this is pretty exciting for me. I've been reading and studying about how to use thick and thin lines, how to color and shade, and things....all new skills to me.

(PS: I know he needs arms...hopefully that's coming next) :)

I know that to those here who've actually got talent it won't seem like a big deal but to me...never being an artist and now 53 years old...it's gratifying that Artrage helped me draw this simple thing.71576

pat1940
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I think you did a fantastic job at this rpavich, you have the passion and the drive and that is what you need to suceed, very good job, looking forward to seeing more of your work

rpavich
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
thanks very much Pat! I appreciate the kind words....(now to get to figuring out how to draw arms and hands :) )

limey-g
12-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Nicely done, another one caught the bug , no going back now you will become addicted .
Nice job on this one.
Geoff

copespeak
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Forget the arms, he looks great just the way he is! What a fabulous effort! :0)

Fashmir
12-08-2012, 07:16 PM
(PS: I know he needs arms...hopefully that's coming next) :)

Arms OR... maybe a belt. :)

...it's gratifying that Artrage helped me draw this simple thing.

I know just what you mean. I love the way working (playing) in AR makes me feel. It reminds me of being a child and having a "treasure box" full of my favorite things. Keep having a fun time with it. Thanks for sharing your picture.

Caesar
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Excellent vignette!

coops
12-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Hes cute, well done:)