PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief

gxhpainter2
12-03-2012, 06:34 AM
a nostalgic look back at carnival old painted wood in bright colors now faded...

copespeak
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I always love your gorgeous colour mixes, and also this time the 3D effect! Very clever. :0)

gxhpainter2
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I always love your gorgeous colour mixes, and also this time the 3D effect! Very clever. :0) So glad you like these colors... the 3D look was just ink lines on a layer.. then taken into PS for a bevel emboss effect..

pat1940
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
WOW Gary, you are on fire, great one as always

gxhpainter2
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Pat.. there you are ! you just disappeared for a while, and I was wondering what you were up to... so happy to have you back with us and glad you like this one...:):):cool::cool:

Caesar
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Carnival is coming back fairly soon, so You may paint it again and hopefully wipe off some nostalgic thought and restore the beauty Your art creates around You as well as on this forum virtual artworld.

D Akey
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I get it. I love the design of the shapes. Colors, while not as bright as a present day carnival, work together elegantly though alluding to the excessive saturation, which for me speaks of carnival experience, with all the lights, sounds, action, smells. . . Very original take on an old American cultural fixture, being the carnival or boardwalk or circus or theme park, etc.

gxhpainter2
12-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Carnival is coming back fairly soon, so You may paint it again and hopefully wipe off some nostalgic thought and restore the beauty Your art creates around You as well as on this forum virtual artworld. Yes the Carnival spirit is always among us and in any culture represents gaiety, fun and comedy as a respite from the grind that daily life brings to so many...:):cool:

Yeah, I get it. I love the design of the shapes. Colors, while not as bright as a present day carnival, work together elegantly though alluding to the excessive saturation, which for me speaks of carnival experience, with all the lights, sounds, action, smells. . . Very original take on an old American cultural fixture, being the carnival or boardwalk or circus or theme park, etc. Thanks DAkey..I think you hit on the exact mood and sentiment of this piece.:):):cool::cool:

silvy
12-05-2012, 04:34 AM
I like it:D

byroncallas
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Terrific Gary. Yes, you're on fire.

limey-g
12-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Well Gary this is so good, love the embossed effect and even a dodo like me can understand this one.:)
Geoff

justjean
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Gary, I don't post to all your wonderful paintings but I always look and enjoy seeing them

Marilyn Anne
12-08-2012, 01:31 AM
It so representative of all the things you ride!

gxhpainter2
12-08-2012, 04:36 AM
I like it:Dthanks silvy..:):):cool:

Terrific Gary. Yes, you're on fire. thanks for the encouragement byron!..

Well Gary this is so good, love the embossed effect and even a dodo like me can understand this one.:)
Geoff very cool Geoff glad you like it :):)

Gary, I don't post to all your wonderful paintings but I always look and enjoy seeing them..that is nice to know justjean so a big thanks for your comments today.!.:):):)

It so representative of all the things you ride! you got it... also the tent curtains, and posters..:rolleyes::):)

jibes
12-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Nice one Gary! I like the idea behind this'n.