PDA

View Full Version : Winter Fires

gxhpainter2
12-02-2012, 01:49 PM
a cold dreary freezing fog of a day so I am thinking of warm fireplaces, and a good single malt.. hope you enjoy..

D Akey
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Very nice one. I really like it. Great colors and it seems like there's an overall vision providing an evaluation of the elements as they go in, size, color, texture. But it still allows for differences that compliment each other. They seem to belong together like a band or orchestral sensibility. Very good.

gxhpainter2
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Very nice one. I really like it. Great colors and it seems like there's an overall vision providing an evaluation of the elements as they go in, size, color, texture. But it still allows for differences that compliment each other. They seem to belong together like a band or orchestral sensibility. Very good. DAKey thanks for your great comment. The openness of this and structure allowing each element to harmonize must be a result of listening to more Chopin...:cool::):)

pat1940
12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Gary, so good to see your paintings again, this one is so appealing and a real pleasure to view

gxhpainter2
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Pat..thanks and great to see you back on the forum..

copespeak
12-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Another beauty! How long do these complex constructions take? So much thought, design and colour matching.

A bit chilly where you are? I've just come in from some hours in the garden, with a big hat on the keep the sun off, and now a bit hot and sweaty. It's an amazing world with different experiences at opposite ends of it, and we can all keep in touch. :0)

Caesar
12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
The painting does show it. It's certainly cold and misty around Your home and even upstairs, but You do have a central warm place where You find the comfort You're looking for while under siege by an unfriendly weather: light, color, warmth. A metaphore too?

gxhpainter2
12-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Another beauty! How long do these complex constructions take? So much thought, design and colour matching.

A bit chilly where you are? I've just come in from some hours in the garden, with a big hat on the keep the sun off, and now a bit hot and sweaty. It's an amazing world with different experiences at opposite ends of it, and we can all keep in touch. :0) copespeak...I am a layer fanatic everything ( color or shape ) starts on its own layer, then much manipulation of blending modes. transforming layers to re-position the elements to a more pleasing arrangement, more blending mode, maybe some new layers, and masking out unwanted elements...much squinting, head scratching, mulling.. but generally they take 1-3 hours.. I am not much for long drawn out efforts unfortunately so my work reflects a more immediate working method. I have been using AR and Photoshop for many years so a lot of what I want to do is second nature.. as I look at the work i decide what it needs to bring it more clarity or harmony..with the whole.. I hope that gives you some insight into these pieces.

The painting does show it. It's certainly cold and misty around Your home and even upstairs, but You do have a central warm place where You find the comfort You're looking for while under siege by an unfriendly weather: light, color, warmth. A metaphore too? Caesar...definitely a metaphore..and well put...

Bobbyray
12-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Yes and all of the above comments are so true.....great artworks.....

Fashmir
12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Nice. I like what DAkey had to say about this, I agree. I enjoy the way the various elements visually jump forward or recede depending on contrast, color and scale. The paint stroke textures are lovely as well.

semd74
12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
A wonderfully warm and well done painting

limey-g
12-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Nice one Gary some great use of colour in this one.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
12-05-2012, 04:25 AM
Yes and all of the above comments are so true.....great artworks..... Bobbyray... thanks for the appreciative comment..:):)

Nice. I like what DAkey had to say about this, I agree. I enjoy the way the various elements visually jump forward or recede depending on contrast, color and scale. The paint stroke textures are lovely as well. Fashmir...if you are still in the Northwest then the colors and mood you will easily relate to..:):)

A wonderfully warm and well done painting Thanks so much Steve..:)

Nice one Gary some great use of colour in this one.
Geoff Geoff.. glad you like the blend of neutral grays and saturated hues to add vibrancy..

silvy
12-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Really lovely:)! I especially like the effect of black stripes, seems warm and soft velvet over rough surface.

jibes
12-08-2012, 07:18 AM
A thing of beauty! Great color usage and composition! Great painting Gary!