PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift for Joey Matthews

Caesar
11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
I packed in a framed poster the drawings I quickly made on the Project thread to answer our mate Joey's request to have the caricatures of a few of his soccer team players (based on his pictures, since I didn't know them).
I hope Hanzz and Jonwood may forgive me for my limited caricature-making skills ... :o

coops
11-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Its always a pleasure to view your artwork Cesare and this one is sooooooooo good although I prefer Rugby to football.:)

Caesar
11-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! I like Rugby too, although it's not a major sport here in Italy this far. Nonetheless we now take part to the Six Nations, to the world championship and we succeeded to almost beat Australia last week; actually we stopped at about 20 cm from a touch down at the end of a match where we recovered on the scoring all over the second half.
We also played quite well recently against the mythical All Blacks team (but eventually got exhausted and lost with most of difference built up by them on the last quarter).

joey_matthews
11-29-2012, 03:10 AM
There's nothing limited about your art Caesar, these clearly show how talented you are.

I really appreciate the time you put into these, also the kindness you shown. As far as Christmas gift comes these are wonderful and I can't thank you enough. :)

Caesar
11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
You're welcome, dear Joey, and thanks.

jonwood
11-30-2012, 01:35 AM
You have done a great job Caesar one i would be proud to put my name to,and I expect Hanzz would say the same...BRAVO:)

limey-g
11-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Nicely done Caesar you are a man of many talents.
Geoff

eighty+
11-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Caesar Ho. Ho. Ho. Juv. Juv. Juv. :p :p :p ;) :cool:

D Akey
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Very amusing and quite a respectable offering. I don't know the characters/players, but it's quite credible. Keep at it. You're getting better and better all the time.

Caesar
11-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you, dear Jonwood. A most flattering comment indeed by a caricature master like You. :o

I'm not sure i've got many talents, dear Geoff, except that of some versatility to pursue to some extent what i like. ;) Anyway, thank You, dear friend!

Dear ATPlus, it's not my Juventus, but Joey's Notts County soccer team, a British one, not among the major ones as far as I know. Thank You!

I don't know them either, dear D Akey, except for the pictures Joey provided in the Project section to request such caricatures, so I cannot say much about their likeness, especially the psychological one. Not sure I'm getting better, certainly faster than ever at sketching/ drawing caricatures, I feel, my dear friend. Thank You!

joey_matthews
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Dear ATPlus, it's not my Juventus, but Joey's Notts County soccer team, a British one, not among the major ones as far as I know. Thank You!

I don't know them either, dear D Akey, except for the pictures Joey provided in the Project section to request such caricatures, so I cannot say much about their likeness, especially the psychological one. Not sure I'm getting better, certainly faster than ever at sketching/ drawing caricatures, I feel, my dear friend. Thank You!
Not a major team, we sit in the 3 tier of professional english football. It's our 150th year as a professional football club, so it's quite special and I have put Caesars wonderful images to great use. The one with the two players and the broken wheelbarrow, will be on my sites promotion flyer/leaflet. (those who have seen it have mentioned how great it is)

Th likeness is very good, those who've seen them so far can easily tell who is who. Only the 3rd people seem to struggle with but due to the style. (people seem to think it's one of our ex players due to him looking fairly old) :P

Thanks again Caesar :)

Caesar
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
You're once again welcome, dear Matthew. I'm just sorry the simple graphical style experiment wasn't effective for the third one ...:(
Compared to Your team age our Old Lady (one of the Juventus names) is just a young maid, about 115 years old (only Genoa here is older and by two years only). But, You know, we stopped to play soccer for some centuries after the end of the traditional florentine soccer matches (a little more crowded, thougher and pretty rude type of soccer anyway). LOL;)

pat1940
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Caesar, how brilliant, I always admire your wonderful talent and I am so glad to be back to view it, great work

Caesar
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
You're too kind, dear Pat. Your words are quite motivating for me to draw out a rabbit from my top hat each now and then ... Thank You.

silvy
12-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Proprio un bel lavoro:)...e a me non piace per niente il calcio, quindi l'interesse č puramente artistico. Bravo come al solito;)

Caesar
12-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Grazie, cara Silvia. Il mio interesse č stato di compiacere Joey e, con l'occasione, riandare nostalgicamente alle memorie delle figurine Panini e a tutto il mondo e le attivitā dei ragazzi che ruotavano intorno ad esse, alle biglie, alle cerbottane, ai tappi di bottiglia etc. ....

jibes
12-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Super job Caesar! You do good work!

Caesar
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Thank You, dear Jibes!