PDA

View Full Version : The Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar is ready!

Steve B
11-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Last updated October 3, 2013
NOTE for existing users-- to see what's new, scroll down to "What's New?" to see improved features.

Hi Everyone,

So, if you’ve followed a link here, from my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/cloudofwords1), or my blog (http://seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/), or Tablet PC Review, or Facebook, etc, this thread is where I’ll be updating the download link to the Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar, describing just what it can do for you, and answering any questions you might have about running it. But first things first. Here's the download link to the newest version (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozkyn48h7yybr3d/ArtRage+Pen-Only+Toolbar+1.0.zip)- the Artage Pen-Only Toolbar 1.0. It’s free, and it works with the new AR 4.

Here's the link to the new Youtube video tutorial and demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqwOKt9YrGQ&feature=youtu.be) as well. It goes over much of what is new, as well as some basics for the newest of users.

I'll try and update this with some pics and other info, but for now, I just want to share the new download link and the new video tutorial. Thanks guys and gals!!

Old March 2013 info--
This is what it looks like. It's got two customizable columns for tools, undo and redo buttons (with repeat undo's with a hold and press!!), a rotate button, select and transform buttons, zoom and resize buttons, etc. Many tools available to you. But why should you care when a lot of this is available in the normal UI? Because you can use all of this in the new AR 4 Workbench Mode, only needing your pen.

Setup-

It requires a wee bit of engagement from the user (you!) to set up. It’s quite powerful and customizable. There are installation instructions in the folder you download, but in short— The Pen-Only Toolbar uses a coding language (Auto Hotkey) to talk to Artrage and simulate keystrokes by pressing onscreen buttons that the Toolbar creates. That means you have to install Auto Hotkey first on your computer (don’t worry, it’s free too, and included in the download folder). Once you’ve done that super quick process, Artrage and The Pen-Only Toolbar can talk to each other. Start up the included Toolbar, and away you go.

So, how do you do that? First, lets presume you've downloaded the linked-to file. That file should have the Toolbar folder, guide to installation pdf, and the Auto Hotkey .exe in it. Just manually move the Pen-Only Toolbar folder, Auto Hotkey exe file, and instructions to your desktop. Don't try and install from the download/zipped window. Then...

1) Read the Install pdf
2) run the AHK exe and install Auto Hotkey, and
3) open theToolbar folder and double click the Toolbar icon. It should then run.

BTW, the Toolbar Startup icon has to stay in the Toolbar folder with the little sub-folder though. It's not an exe file, and has to read all the code and acquire all the icons from that sub-folder. So don't try and take the Toolbar icon and remove it from the folder and it on your desktop. That won't work. It has to stay in it's folder to work.

So, when you're done, you should be left with Auto Hotkey (AHK) installed and the Toolbar folder on your desktop. You can place the Install instructional PDF in the folder with the Toolbar icon if you want it for future use. Inside the Toolbar folder will be the Toolbar Startup icon, which you will have to access from within the folder on your desktop each time you run the toolbar. If you want, you can also make a shortcut to the Toolbar Icon currently housed in the folder, and then place that shortcut as a normal icon on your desktop or taskbar for easier access.

How To Videos-

More polished How To videos will get posted on YouTube eventually, but in the meantime, if you're confused or would like to get the most you can from the toolbar, I would advise going and watching the already available YouTube tutorials to get a handle on what the Toolbar can do for you. Here’s the links to the Demo Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEmKok_70ag), and the How-To Videos- Video #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06zJAcqxqK8&feature=plcp) and Video #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ujhRGrLjAk&feature=plcp). Each one is about 10 minutes long, so it's about a 1/2 of your time. They go over the basics, as well as how to customize it. These videos are for an earlier version of the toolbar, but it’ll give you a good sense of how to make it all work.

So, What’s It Do?

The Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar is designed for those who work in Artrage but…
-don’t have access to a keyboard while painting
-can’t use a keyboard for various reasons
-or want to use a keyboard less while painting.
Instead, the toolbar provides a way to interact with Artrage entirely through the use of your pen. Thus the name. :)

It also provides a very robust interface for use in the new AR 4 Workbench Mode! That’s right, you can now…
-have super quick access to all your tools or only 7 of them (if you want to take up less space)
-use Hover Icons to have access to all your Pods, even in Workbench Mode , so you can move them anywhere you want on screen
-and many of the most commonly used keyboard functions...
all while in Clear Canvas mode.

This means there’s no need to use the general Artrage UI unless you want to. In general, it’s intent is to be very useful for people with small screens (tablet pc users), physical handicaps, or for artists who just want to “get in the flow” while painting.

What's New with V. 0.4?

For those with previous experience with the toolbar, besides the removal of some bugs, there have been some improvements since the last update. As of March 2013-

1) Toolbar Compatability with Workbench Mode-
To me, this is a bigee. I love the new Workbench Mode, but even so, it is missing a number of features I would have liked to have had.

By using the Toolbar, you can now resize your selected Tool from 0-500 in the Workbench with only your pen (something you are currently unable to do in AR 4 natively)
The size of the tool you are resizing with the Toolbar is reflected in the Workbench UI (a feature we were unable to provide, but which the AR team nicely included in AR 4 for us!)
Hover Icons work in Workbench Mode- this means you can set up your Pods as you see fit in the Full AR UI, place them where you want to in the Workbench Mode, and not have to have them tied to the location that AR 4 currently locks them by default, when using the Workbench Button Shortcuts. Go about your business with full access to all your Pods, wherever you want to place them on the screen.
NOTE- There is a known bug, as described above, if you use the Hover Icons in Workbench mode and then also try to use the AR “Pod” Button Shortcuts.
You can now have super quick access to only those tools you want in Workbench Mode, without having to use the flyout menu
You can have full access to a host of UI functions in the Workbench Mode that become fully functional while only using your pen. No keyboard needed to rotate, select, transform, use a pod, undo and redo (with repeat press possible by holding down on the key).

2) Improved and Easier to Use Hover Icons-
There's a new Drag and Drop method for activating the Hove Icons, which greatly simplifys the process of starting them, as well as Undo/Redo buttons on the Title Bars of all the Hover Icons. There's also now a much easier method of closing them using the "x" button on the Title Bars.

3) Text to Voice Option-
There's the option of using a Text to Voice Windows operation from those who are visually impaired. This works for the Tool Tips and the Basic Menu only.

....as of Nov 2012 the major improvements are that-
1) you can now customize 2 columns of tools, not just 1, so you can now have super quick access to up to 14 tools
2) Tooltips have been included for all the buttons, so if you hover over the button it will tell you what it's function is, etc.
3) the Advanced Options pop-up window has been dramatically reworked for easier navigation and customization

Hopefully, these things will make the toolbar much more accessible to all users.

Steve B
11-28-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm reserving this one for when I set down the details on how to run the toolbar.

Docsmith626
11-28-2012, 08:36 AM
:D Snoopy-Dance :D

Rondo
11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
SOrry but i get a error when i unpack and a kind of "line not found" error in the corrupt unpacked file.Bottom line.. zip file seems to be corrupt :(

Steve B
11-28-2012, 08:54 AM
That's interesting. I just downloaded it and tested it this morning. Worked like a charm, and no hang ups at all. How are you installing the toolbar? You should be able to download the linked to file. That file should have the Toolbar folder, install pdf, and ahk exe in it. Just manually move the Pen-Only Toolbar folder, Auto Hotkey exe file, and instructions to your desktop. Don't try and install from the download/zipped window-- only do it from the desktop. Then...

1) Read the Install pdf
2) run the AHK exe and install Auto Hotkey, and
3) open theToolbar folder and double click the Toolbar icon. It should then run. It did for me anyways earlier today.

BTW, the Toolbar Startup icon has to stay in the Toolbar folder with the little sub-folder though. It's not an exe file, and has to read all the code and acquire all the icons from that sub-folder. So don't try and take the Toolbar icon and remove it from the folder and it on your desktop. That won't work. It has to stay in it's folder to work.

So, when you're done, you should be left with AHK installed and the Toolbar folder on your desktop. You can place the Install instructional PDF in the folder with the Toolbar icon if you want it for future use. Inside the Toolbar folder will be the Toolbar Startup icon, which you will have to access from within the folder on your desktop each time you run the toolbar.

Let me know if you are still having problems. If it was the issue, then I'll put some of these instructions in the first post to help others. If its not the issue, then we should move forward from there.

Rondo
11-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Found it after reading again and fiddling around....:) thx for the help.

royblumenthal
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Downloaded. Busy installing! THANKS STEVE B! (Yeah... I'm shouting... that's a joyous yell.)

Blue skies
Roy

royblumenthal
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Re keeping the exe file in the same folder...

You can right click on the exe file in your Windows explorer. Click SEND TO/DESKTOP (CREATE SHORTCUT).

This will pop a functioning shortcut on your desktop that you can drag and drop wherever you want it... on the taskbar, for instance. Cos it leaves the original file where it has to be, and contains a link to it.

Steve B
11-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Haha! You're thinking like I do. I thought of that after I did that post, and I put almost exactly that info in the original post. Thanks for the heads up, and I hope the toolbar functions like you need it to. Post if you have any questions or feedback. Happy painting!

William Rabinovitch
12-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Haha! You're thinking like I do. I thought of that after I did that post, and I put almost exactly that info in the original post. Thanks for the heads up, and I hope the toolbar functions like you need it to. Post if you have any questions or feedback. Happy painting!

Will there be a Mac version of the Pen-Only Toolbar... & if so approximately when as something to hugely look forward to -- as It will improve my creative workflow 1000X? I would help to Beta test a Mac version.

Bill R

Meisie
12-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Steve, is the mediafire downoad the only option available at this time? It is a blocked domain on my server at this time.

Steve B
12-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Meisei,
Let me look into that. I might be able to host an alternate download on File Factory. I've had some notes that some of the current download links aren't working, so I'll see what I can do.

Steve B
03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
There's a new version of the Pen-Only Toolbar up. Go to the first to get the link. I've just subbed it in for where the old, original link went. I go over things there, but it includes--
1) Text to Speech capabilities for the Tool Tips and the Main Menu, for those who might need it
2) a new Drag and Drop method to start Hover Icons that is much much easier
3) some UI improvements to the Hover Icons in general

Don't forget- the Toolbar is totally usable with the new Workbench Mode, and provides a number of helpful additions to the native Artrage UI. For example, you can

-Resize to above 100 in Workbench Mode, using only your pen, with the Toolbar.
-place and access your Pods wherever you want in Workbench Mode, using the Hover Icons
-easily and quickly Select and Transform, Rotate, Repeat Undo and Redo, use the Eyedropper, Save, Flip Canvas, etc, etc. all in Workbench Mode, only using your pen.

Here's a few pics showing how some of these new features work.

This is the new window that appears the first time you use the new Toolbar.

Select how you want things to work, and go from there. Change your mind, and you can go into the Advanced Features to have access to the Audio and Visual Features.

This is how things work to access the Hover Icons with the new Drag and Drop Method.

Step 1-

Step 2-

Step 3-

And, of course, here the Toolbar is with Hover Icons activated, looking juicy and oh-so-useful in the Workbench Mode.

Hope you guys have fun with this. We've had a good time making it. I think it's a fantastic compliment to the new version of Artrage. :)

Bobbyray
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Steve

I have lotsa room on the ArtRageUS website to host this for you if you want or need to.

Let me know. Lotsa exposure too that way.

BR [email protected] (http://[email protected])

Saphire
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Will this work on a Mac or is it pc only

Steve B
03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
PC only. AutohotKey (the language it's in, that lets the buttons talk to Artrage) is a PC only language, afaik. Sorry on that one. We've had people ask before, but the language was never translated or ported.

markw
03-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi Steve B
First off, let me say I know very little about programming, so feel free to laugh heartily at these suggestions for possible ways of getting APOT onto Macs' someday. Maybe they're worth a look if you haven't already considered them.

1: IronAHK; this looks to me like a strait attempt at reproducing what AutoHotKey dose, but on Macs.
http://www.ironahk.net/

2: Project Sikuli; which looks like an attempt at achieving the same/similar ends but by a different route.
http://doc.sikuli.org/devs/system-design.html

Steve B
03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey MarkW,
I'm also not a programmer-- LOL! That's my teammate Luc. I design the UI and propose functions that would be useful to an artist, help decide if things function properly in the real world, test and bug hunt, and do this sort of "support" on the public face of things.

RE: Iron Hotkey. I've seen that before, but it looked like it never got all the way off the ground when I last looked (about 6 months ago). Perhaps it's changed since then?

I've not seen the other option, but it would be interesting to explore it. I know Luc has very little time as it is, and we're still developing this Toolbar more (looking at Radial Pop-Up Menus, Buttons that let you drag __on__ the button to zoom, resize, undo and redo, etc) all kinds of jazz-- and one for Paint Tool Sai, while exploring using modified versions for Photoshop or Sketchup Pro (a tool I use professionally). If anyone is curious about porting this to Mac, let us know, but the code is all there in the folders. It's open source.

Claudine
03-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi,

Thank you for that very useful Toolbar. Is there a detailed user guide pdf ?

Is it possible to create such a toolbar ?

Thank you for your help ! :)

Steve B
03-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Claudine,
Glad you found the toolbar! :)

We currently have no plans to set up the Toolbar as you are picturing it exactly though. This is mostly based on the issue one gets when one might try and use them in such a setup. Hover Icons are activated by hovering over them with your pen tip. Thus, if they are right next to each other, and you have to pass over one icon to get to another, you will unfortunately activate the wrong Hover Icon. As such, I usually place them towards the top of my screen, for example, in a row, but slightly spaced. This allows me to easily access all the Pods without making mistakes, while still saving screen real estate.

What you're showing is the Main Menu of the Toolbar, plus the various AR 4 Pods, correct? By the look of it, what you're wanting to figure out is how to get all your Pods to be viewable in a compact space, I take it. If you're not interested in the buttons that are generally on the main toolbar (Rotate, Undo/Redo, etc) but want access to only the Pods, I would suggest this-

-use the Main Toolbar Menu to create all the Hover Icons through the Drag and Drop Method
-use the Main Toolbar Menu to then minimize the toolbar itself to your tray
-use the Hover icons without the Toolbar being viewable (but still running in the background, powering the Hover Icons)
-place your Hover Icons where you want

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it's a work around that is still helpful for you. :)

tali3sin
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi there :D

I was pretty excited when I saw this post, as anything that improves UI experience when drawing on my (sweet new baby) Surface Pro is welcome.

I'm reasonably sure I followed the installation instructions correctly, yet when I try to run the toolbar I receive the attached error message. Any idea what's going on? Maybe it's Windows 8 or Surface specific?

This minor stumbling block aside, it looks like you guys have done a wonderful job!

lblb
03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi tail3sin,

You are getting this message because you are using the wrong version of AutoHotkey. You need to use the so called "Basic" version of AHK that is provided in the zip file with the toolbar. You are probably using a more recent version of AHK called AHK_L. If there is no specific reason for you to use AHK_L, you should be able to just install AHK Basic on your computer and run the toolbar right away.

Just report back here if you encounter any problems.

chinapete
03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Hi Steve,

I'm up and running with the newest version of the Pen-Only ToolBar, I'm encouraged to set a personal goal of making the desktop experience at least as good as that on the iPad or iPhone :-) ...

I assume that the instructions for creating a Hover icon relate only to the full view, and cannot be done in Workbench mode, is that right? ... I was able to create a Layers Hover icon only when I reverted to the full view ...

Thanks, and congratulations on taking the ToolBar to a new level ...

Steve B
03-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey Pete,
Re: making the Hover Icons-- You must be in the Full Canvas View to make them. Once you drag and drop the few pods you want to have the quickest access to, you can then go into the Workbench and they will still all work. What you can't do is go into the Workbench Mode and try and create the Hover Icons there. That will not work. You need to prep your tools, etc. and then go to the Workbench prepared. :)

Hope that makes sense.

Just recognized we don't have a Hover Icon option for the Toolbox, as it's not a "proper" Pod. This would be a very good thing to include in the next iteration of the Toolbar....

chinapete
03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks, Steve, that's what I thought ...

So in the attachment, you can see that I am able to emulate AR 4 in full Workbench mode (hiding the Workbench ribbon) on the iPad via Air Display ... I have the new ToolBar downsized and customized with a Watercolor brush, and have added a Layers Hover icon ...

This method allows me to work on the iPad and leverage all of the features of AR 4, and at the same time I have all the benefits of the ToolBar, especially the simplified UI, and this in turn allows greater workflow efficiencies ...

ps: ignore the image, I'm prepping a background for an ink painting :)...

tali3sin
03-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks! That appears to have done the trick! I'll give it a good try over the next couple days. Thanks again!

nirsul
09-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi

thx for the Toolbar.

Is there a way to add the mirror tool toggle to the toolbar ?

Regards

Nir

Steve B
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
We've got a new version to share. The "official" 1.0 version. There's lots and lots of new things it can do. I hope you all like it. All this is repeated in the first post in the thread, but for ease of use--

Here's the new download link for 1.0 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozkyn48h7yybr3d/ArtRage+Pen-Only+Toolbar+1.0.zip)

and here's the link to the new YouTube demo and guide for the toolbar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqwOKt9YrGQ&feature=youtu.be).

I hope you all have fun using it. I'm biased, but I think it's an amazing tool. I couldn't imagine using a Windows 8 tablet and Artrage without it. :)

rscottfree
10-05-2013, 06:48 AM
This is fantastic. The only way to make it better would be to bundle it with ArtRage itself.

Thanks for making this!

Snickelson
10-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the new tool bar. It has great features and the you tube video is excellent It seem pretty easy to use but I haven't been able to activate the color picker. The icon isn't highlighted when I tap on it. I tried a right click but that didn't work. I'm probably missing something. I'm using a microsoft surface pro with the surface pro pen/stylus. Everything else works great. Any thoughts?

thanks

royblumenthal
10-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow, Stephen! I have the new Toolbar, and it's awesome! It's certainly going to help me do things I couldn't do before. Very cool demo!

Some things I'd like to see in the next iteration...

1. A way to lay out the tools as a single vertical or horizontal bar.
2. Keyboard shotcuts to each item... for use with LEAP MOTION's GESTURE KEY app.
3. A way to remove items. Eg, I NEVER use the spraycan or crayon.
4. Auto-hide when not using ArtRage.
5. When creating HOVER ICONS, I'd like to be able to position the actual icon much more accurately, perhaps by right clicking on it to drag it where I want it? I'd also like the position of the pod to be independent of the position of the icon. In other words, I position the hover icon somewhere, eg, top left, and I position the pod somewhere else entirely, eg, top right. So I can cluster my hover icons in an intuitively easy-to-reach place, and I can have the pods appear where they 'do no harm'.

Killer program. Thanks!

mickyg
11-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi Steve

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this tool, it's really appreciated.

I bought Artrage and a Surface Pro 2 last week but just couldn't get comfortable with a pen only workflow, and was getting really discouraged... to the point of considering returning the tablet. I'm happy to say that I downloaded your tool tonight and it's pretty much solved all my problems so again, a massive thank you for taking the time to do this - you're a dead set legend.

Mike

luc_boisvert
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

This is Luc, the guy who's been developing the toolbar with Steve. Thanks a lot for all the good words, they're much appreciated. Although we may not be able to take care of all the suggestions very quickly as the programming and testing take quite a bit of time, be assured that we consider all of them carefully. We typically include almost all of the suggestions when we upload a new version, so keep 'em coming even if we don't have time to reply to all the individual suggestions!

Steve B
11-23-2013, 04:00 AM
I actually like the idea of being able to place the Hover Icon where you want-- or atleast to make it more consistent. I actually told Luc to do it the way it is, but I now see how difficult it is to line them up or let them overlap, because the buttons don't appear at the same location on the Pod. We have also often discussed auto-hiding the bar when AR is not the active program. As for removing tools- you can, of course, only have one row of Tools, instead of 2. So that's an option. Just a thought.

Anyways, things are always growing and changing, so keep the input coming when you can, folks! :)

Arizona Willie
11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I seem to have missed a vital instruction ... how do you quit the toolbar if you don't want it for some reason / exiting Artrage?

When i exited Artrage, the toolbar was still there on my desktop. Only way I could figure out how to get it to go away was to reboot the computer.

luc_boisvert
11-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi Arizona Willie,

The toolbar is a program that's independent of the ArtRage program so when you close ArtRage the toolbar won't automatically quit. To quit the toolbar, you can click on the top left button of the toolbar or right-click on its tray icon and select Exit Toolbar form the menu that will appear.

Hope that helps.

tmaynard
01-13-2016, 02:22 PM
I already had the lastest AutoHotKey installed, so after unzipping the download I simply drilled down to the Toolbar folder and double-clicked on the .EXE file. When I did I got this:

As a workaround I have simply installed the Toolbar v0.3, which works fine but obviously lacks the new functionality.

Has no one else run into this problem?

luc_boisvert
01-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Hi tmaynard,

For the latest version of the ArtRage Pen-Only Toolbar to work (and it's way better than version 0.3, so you should consider going for it!), you need to install the version of AutoHotkey that is included in the zip file (which is not the latest version of AutoHotkey). Unfortunately, the demand for the toolbar hasn't been high enough for us to completely convert it to the latest version of AutoHotkey.

tmaynard
02-21-2016, 03:47 PM
I rather expected an email notification of activity on this thread so I was pleased and surprised when I checked just now and saw your reply. Thanks!

Running two copies of AutoHotKey may or may not be ideal on my system ... but perhaps all of my own scripts will run with the older version. I'll check on that.

Last night I was toying with v0.3 and began to see where it could be adapted to other apps (e.g. Corel Painter, Photoshop, Sketchbook, etc.). If I dig into the code deeply enough, maybe I can fix the incompatibility issue.

But mostly, thank you for the suggestion to backlevel my AHK!

luc_boisvert
02-27-2016, 12:36 AM
Hi tmaynard,

Instead of looking into the code and trying to adapt it to other programs, you may want to look into my more recent and powerful project called Toolbar Creator, which allows you to do what its name says (and you don't need to have AHK installed to run it). See:
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/toolbar-creator-v-2-2-beta-available-for-download.63014/

jeremZgl
07-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Thank you for producing the Pen-Only Toolbar! I am loving it--especially the hover icon functionality!! Is there a way to save my hover icon layout to open automatically next time I open the Pen-Only Toolbar?

jeremZgl
07-17-2016, 05:18 AM
Thank you for producing the Pen-Only Toolbar! I am loving it--especially the hover icon functionality!! Is there a way to save my hover icon layout to open automatically next time I open the Pen-Only Toolbar?

jeremZgl
07-18-2016, 12:55 PM
I was mostly happy with the Pen-Only Toolbar, until I went into Advanced Options and changed one of the toolbar buttons to represent a different painting tool. After saving and restarting, the toolbar will no longer open. I thought of uninstalling the program and Auto Hot Key so I could reinstall the programs, only to find they cannot be uninstalled. The download link you provided now takes me to a page with the suspicious green download button, which says it will "run scan of PC" as a last step, so I avoided it. I am running ArtRage 4.5 demo on a Compaq with a dual-core Pentium processor, and a good deal of RAM.
Oh, and by the way, I really love how I posted twice previously to this thread, and received no response. I guess I don't know the secret password or handshake.

HannahRage
07-18-2016, 02:20 PM
You should be able to remove programs via the Control Panel > Add/remove programs (wording varies depending on which version of Windows you have).

The toolbar itself is a very old, unofficial, project and the creators aren't always around in the forums anymore. It may not be fully compatible with your system, hence the weird behaviours.

If you can't afford to wait for someone to check in, you could try contacting the creators directly via PM, but they may not see it quickly, or be able to help. This is a three year old add-on, and the fact it still works at all is impressive!

You can see both of them posting here:
https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?42522-The-Artrage-Pen-Only-Toolbar-is-ready!&p=457997#post457997

jmac
07-18-2016, 02:21 PM
jeremZgl...The Pen Only Tool bar was produced and offered by an ArtRage user, Steve B, more than 4 years ago. It is not offered by the ArtRage developers and is not part of the ArtRage software but is a third party add-on. I haven't seen Steve B around this forum in quite some time though someone else may have. If you are having problems with this add on I would go to the beginning of this thread and try contacting Steve B through some of the links in those early posts. I have no idea if his Pen Only Tool Bar is still supported by him. It is a windows only software and I am on a Mac.

jeremZgl
07-18-2016, 02:46 PM
You should be able to remove programs via the Control Panel > Add/remove programs (wording varies depending on which version of Windows you have).

The toolbar itself is a very old, unofficial, project and the creators aren't always around in the forums anymore. It may not be fully compatible with your system, hence the weird behaviours.

If you can't afford to wait for someone to check in, you could try contacting the creators directly via PM, but they may not see it quickly, or be able to help. This is a three year old add-on, and the fact it still works at all is impressive!

You can see both of them posting here:
https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?42522-The-Artrage-Pen-Only-Toolbar-is-ready!&p=457997#post457997

Thank both of you for responding to my complaint. It was directed at Stephan Berry, not ArtRage, since I knew that ArtRage is not related to the Pen-Only Toolbar. This would not be the first time I reacted too quickly to not getting a reply right away. Seems to be a habit of mine. I didn't mention that I am using windows 10, and maybe that is the issue with the toolbar program. I will contact him for further info on that. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Edward Ingram
04-01-2017, 04:31 AM
Will this work on Artrage 5?

postmodernist
04-01-2017, 06:08 AM
Hi. I use it currently on ArtRage 5. It seems to work fine for me, although I havn't tried all of its options with ArtRage 5. It certainly hasn't caused any problems for me.

Edward Ingram
04-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Where did you get it?
The link on someonesane's post in art supplies is broken

postmodernist
04-02-2017, 04:12 AM
Hi. Unfortunately I am unable to post the link. Although I have been a forum member for some time, I rarely make any posts and I am therefore blocked from posting any links sorry. I got it from mediafire.

update - search for it in your browser and select the link to Surface pro artist .com it will provide a link to mediafire.

Hope that helps.
Les

luc_boisvert
04-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Hi,

The link in the top post of this thread still seems to work. It will lead you to a Mediafire.com page from where you can download the zip file. By the way, I'm the guy who wrote it with Stephen Berry. Sorry for the lack of responses but since I am not an artist I rarely come by this forum. But don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.

Edward Ingram
04-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Thanks, I finally got it. I noticed that Malware bytes gave me a "website blocked" notice when I finally got the mediafire site to open, I assume there is some malware on one of the ad sites on the page.