PDA

View Full Version : a few practice landscapes

Kayness
11-23-2012, 03:09 AM
I used ArtRage for iPad app, playing with and getting the hang of oil painting tool.

I know they're not amazing yet, but I'm an ArtRage noob and I'm confident I will get better.

Docsmith626
11-23-2012, 06:53 AM
I'd say the loose, impressionistic style is leading you in the right direction. :D

kenmo
11-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Love the textures and loose style....

Kayness
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
thanks docsmith and kenmo! It's strange because my usual style is not very loose nor impressionistic at all. I think IMO the nature of the ArtRage oil painting tools lends itself best to this style, and I think it should be a shame to suppress this with too tight or too detailed rendering. Although I'm sure it's because I'm still relatively new to the program (I actually used the demo way back in 07 a few times, then forgot about it completely until now.) so I'm still kind of clumsy with it.

labonneanime
11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
your paintings are so fresh :) you have the good eye, the good move the feeling inside

pleaz show more i love it

regards

stefff

Marilyn Anne
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
I think it is very nice that you are capturing the joy of painting. I think they are very nice.

Kayness
11-23-2012, 09:53 PM
thank you Labonneanime and Marilyn Anne, you all are making me feel very welcome. I have another one coming up. Also I am trying to get used to the other tools, like watercolour and chalk tools and stuff...