PDA

View Full Version : The Red Kimono

coops
11-22-2012, 04:24 AM
Hope you enjoy this one:)

limey-g
11-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Well katie you know me I am always delighted with your paintings and this one is no exception, love the vibrant colours.
Geoff

Caesar
11-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Another exquisite painting of Yours, dear Katie.

eighty+
11-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi Katie Katie Coops :D I see She's got her Parachute Pack with her this time ;);) :cool: :cool: by the way I thoughf you liked the Rain and Darker sky's or am I :confused: :confused: :confused::D

gxhpainter2
11-22-2012, 08:28 AM
very nice Katie... she appears to be walking in a tranquil moonlight garden with surrounding walls and structures as depicted by the blues in the background.. very nice textural effect in that..

copespeak
11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
That is really lovely. The colour combination is so unusual, but work together very well.

Judith Tramayne
11-22-2012, 12:57 PM
I love this. Excellent painting.

semd74
11-22-2012, 09:28 PM
A most excellent painting...perhaps you would consider sharing your technique on how you do such wonderful back grounds

justjean
11-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Beautiful and striking

Marilyn Anne
11-23-2012, 09:08 PM
The colors are outstanding.

Kayness
11-23-2012, 09:54 PM
lovely! how'd you do those grungy paintstroke textures?

coops
11-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Thank you so much Geoff, Cesare, dear Eighty, Gary, copespeak, Judith, Steve, Jean, Marilyn Anne and Kayness for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate them:)
Steve and Kayness, I make stencils from pictures of rust, wood and the like then play around with them in Artrage also then play around with dry brush and blend modes. Trouble is by the time I find something I like I have usually forgotten how I got there but its a lot of fun. Hope this is of some help:)

byroncallas
11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Wonderful Katie,
And thanks for the little process review. It made me laugh a bit. I do a lot experimental things with AR that do end up at some end for better or worse, but often how I got there I could never repeat.
I quite really like this piece.

D Akey
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
As everybody noted, the technique is really brilliant. Love that the background feels like grit done up in a polished motif in its own right.

Because of the garment, this reminds me of some Asian places in which the grit exists for real, and yet most of the people aspire to beauty, sophistication, sumptuousness, artistry and let us not forget elegance. As if a girl had been born to real poverty on the streets and was sold or found her place as a geisha. And while her past never quite left her, despite her extreme polish, her grit became a quality, like a pearl being developed from a grain of sand as an irritant suppressing thing.

It could perhaps be compared to Jung's idea of 'the wounding', where someone receives a wounding in the early part of their journey that sets them on their life path to heal. It colors everything thereafter and hopefully causes them to grow stronger. This painting could be compared, in my mind, with the myth of the Green Knight. Only this is the opposite aspect - the female dance set in Japan or whatever.

Wonderful and archetypical, Ms Coops! I almost hear an electric koto playing -- sort of a cyber-Japan thing going on here.

:cool::cool::cool:

coops
11-29-2012, 02:46 AM
Thank you so much Byron as always you are so kind.:)
Dear Mr Akey, well what can I say, you really have such a way with words and the way you express what you see and feel is a marvel to me. In this case you made me look again at what I had painted and yes there is more there than I first thought. Thank you so much for taking the time with this one and all the other paintings that you comment on and I have to say I read avidly all the posts that you reply to. Makes me also take time to view others paintings in a different light. Thanks again:)

Marilyn Anne
12-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Just wanted to tell you how great I think the art work in the new ArtragUS magazine is! The kids look great, the work is fascinating and I hope everyone will get to see it! Terrific! Marilyn

drawing4art
12-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I love this the colours are so vibrant and really work well together, along with the textured background and the smoothness of her kimono.

coops
12-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks Marilyn Anne, I really appreciate your comments:)
Glad you enjoyed this one drawing4art and thanks for your nice comments:)