PDA

View Full Version : Playing in the snow

limey-g
11-19-2012, 07:58 AM
A quick painting of a Sibe enjoying a play in the snow .
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I love the dog and the snow. It is so great that dogs love to play in the snow like this.

semd74
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I like this painting...very nice...is that your dog?

Caesar
11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I was pretty sure it was one of Your magnificent and majestic sleigh dogs! Excellent!

Project Pixel
11-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Man, that fur and those eyes. I feel like i just dropped into that movie with Liam Neeson, The Grey

kenmo
11-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Outstanding painting....:cool:

limey-g
11-20-2012, 04:21 AM
I love the dog and the snow. It is so great that dogs love to play in the snow like this.
Thanks, yes Sibes love to play in the colder weather but I must admit many of them like to snooze on the kitchen mat.

I like this painting...very nice...is that your dog?
Thanks, no this one belongs to a fellow breeder.

I was pretty sure it was one of Your magnificent and majestic sleigh dogs! Excellent!
Thanks Caesar our breeding lines are very similar

Man, that fur and those eyes. I feel like i just dropped into that movie with Liam Neeson, The Grey
Yes the stare of those blue eyes can be a little scary.

Outstanding painting....:cool:
Thanks Ken

gxhpainter2
11-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Great pictures...you must have an enormous dog food bill :).... your painting is amazing except for one little thing that bugged me..:o.. and that was the three little lollipop clouds in the sky they are too round and evenly spaced horizontally and vertically... if the sky was just left blue then all my attention would be on the fabulous painting of the Siberian..

limey-g
11-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Great pictures...you must have an enormous dog food bill :).... your painting is amazing except for one little thing that bugged me..:o.. and that was the three little lollipop clouds in the sky they are too round and evenly spaced horizontally and vertically... if the sky was just left blue then all my attention would be on the fabulous painting of the Siberian..

Thanks Gary , you mean you don't have skies like us out your way ! :D I agree with you I could not paint clouds if i tried in fact I am not into landscape in any way so you will have to excuse me on this one.
Thanks mate
Geoff

gxhpainter2
11-21-2012, 04:25 AM
Geoff... no problem...I love your work and couldn't do a dog or portrait to save myself so I totally understand... this is a great action work...would be nice to see a couple more along this line. Maybe "actively sleeping by the fire??" :):):)

limey-g
11-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Geoff... no problem...I love your work and couldn't do a dog or portrait to save myself so I totally understand... this is a great action work...would be nice to see a couple more along this line. Maybe "actively sleeping by the fire??" :):):)

Well Gary you asked for it so digging in the archives here is one from way back, my boy Hunter doing what he does best.:):)
Geoff

gxhpainter2
11-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Geoff... LOL... that is great!...it is interesting to see some older works from you ...you can really see the subtle improvements in technique and skill ...thanks for digging this out... Hunter looks like a great dog..

coops
11-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Wow what beautiful eyes, love the entire paintng, well done Geoff:)

limey-g
11-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks Katie glad you liked this painting we love our Sibes.

On a different note my wife and I each have sweaters that were knitted by a friend ,out of all the coat we collected over many years of grooming.
A lady spun it for us on an old fashioned wheel and combined it with a small quantity of wool to add a little more body to it.
They are so warm to wear and quite the conversation topic when we explain what they were made from.
Best wishes Geoff

Bobbi
11-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Wow, great job.

justjean
11-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Nice work and a beautiful dog

limey-g
11-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Thanks Jean & Bobbi for taking a peep and your kind words.
Geoff

jibes
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM
very impressive both!!

limey-g
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
very impressive both!!
Thanks for that.
Geoff

drawing4art
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I am dog mad, so just love both of these but my fav is he one of him jumping the logs, a very natural thing for a doggy to do methinks :D

limey-g
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I am dog mad, so just love both of these but my fav is he one of him jumping the logs, a very natural thing for a doggy to do methinks :D
Thanks for taking a look, the second painting was just one I dug up from the hard drive in answer to someones request.
Regards Geoff

Maschinengeist
12-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Incredibly realistic dog. I'm in awe!

limey-g
12-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Incredibly realistic dog. I'm in awe!

Thanks ,we have raised Siberian husky show dogs since the early eighties so you you could say we are somewhat familiar with them.:):)
Regards Geoff

D Akey
12-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Delightful. I get a very upbeat feeling from this. Nicely rendered.

pat1940
12-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi Geoff, what a wonderful painting and picture, love them, hey Geoff just got back from Hamilton, we even went to Smithville, looked all over the area, Grimsby, Winona, Beamsville etc, for house
prices, havent sold ours yet so hard to buy right now till we sell

limey-g
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi Pat nice to see you back online, so you were in my big town of Smithville, wish I had known it would have been lovely to meet you. We live just outside of there in a little place called Caistor Centre.
Bet you can't wait to get painting once again.
Regards Geoff

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-06-2012, 08:57 AM
love your painting!
I'm so glad I've got an 11 year old Scottish Collie....have to kick it awake before going out for a walk....

Arjen

limey-g
12-06-2012, 09:03 AM
love your painting!
I'm so glad I've got an 11 year old Scottish Collie....have to kick it awake before going out for a walk....

Arjen
Thanks, we use to raise Shelties way back before the Sibes, the Collie is a nice dog, quite a bit of grooming.:)
Geoff

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks, we use to raise Shelties way back before the Sibes, the Collie is a nice dog, quite a bit of grooming.:)
Geoff

Hahaha....you're right! I could knit a sweater from what I sweep up every day :-)

Arjen

limey-g
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Hahaha....you're right! I could knit a sweater from what I sweep up every day :-)

Arjen

Maybe sometime I should take a photo of my wife and i wearing our sweaters made from the coat collected over the years from our Siberian huskies. One thing for certain they sure are warm.
Geoff

pat1940
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Geoff, I know Caistor Center, we also drove thru there, the next time we get out that way I will look for your 3 huskies, lol they are so beautiful

Fashmir
12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Ah Geoff, what a beauty. I have a fondness for "wolfish" dogs. I had a good friend a few years back that lived with me. She was an Alaskan Malamute named Mika. Nice painting.

limey-g
12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Hi Geoff, I know Caistor Center, we also drove thru there, the next time we get out that way I will look for your 3 huskies, lol they are so beautiful
Thanks Pat for taking a peep at my painting, hope everything is going well for you.
Geoff

limey-g
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Ah Geoff, what a beauty. I have a fondness for "wolfish" dogs. I had a good friend a few years back that lived with me. She was an Alaskan Malamute named Mika. Nice painting.
Thanks Fashmir for your kind words, the Mal is a very powerful dog and a great companion, I think anyone that has never experienced the friendship of a dog has missed so much in life.
Geoff