PDA

View Full Version : Birth of Cool - a big swing sound

gxhpainter2
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
a little change of pace.. I was listening to Miles Davis album "Birth of Cool" and like the sharp transitions and tonal overlays some tracks reminded me of the Big Band Swing sounds of the 40's.... so this was the reflection of that episode..

limey-g
11-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Really neat Gary brings back memories of going to dances back home and spending time just listening to the great sound.
Thos were the days.
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I have enjoyed your other music paintings too. Nice work!

Caesar
11-19-2012, 11:05 PM
A most appropriate visualization of Miles Davis and his music I think. Bravissimo! A virtuoso I'd say!

gxhpainter2
11-20-2012, 05:33 AM
Really neat Gary brings back memories of going to dances back home and spending time just listening to the great sound.
Thos were the days.
Geoff Geoff...yes that sound is so full of enthusiasm and energy and hope....

I have enjoyed your other music paintings too. Nice work! Thanks Marilyn happy to get your comments on this series.

A most appropriate visualization of Miles Davis and his music I think. Bravissimo! A virtuoso I'd say! Thanks Caesar..I am finding music to be quite a stimulus to my painting...it seems that as I pick a particular genre and then listen for awhile puts me into a particular visual state that comes out..interesting I wonder if others experience that?

byroncallas
11-20-2012, 01:01 PM
It's got that swing Gary. :)

Bobbi
11-21-2012, 02:03 AM
You do a lot of impressive abstract work, but for some reason, this one is especially impressive. The varied texture throughout the painting is fascinating to look at. Well done!!

gxhpainter2
11-21-2012, 04:35 AM
It's got that swing Gary. :) thanks byron...:cool::cool::):):)

You do a lot of impressive abstract work, but for some reason, this one is especially impressive. The varied texture throughout the painting is fascinating to look at. Well done!! Bobbi... thanks so much I appreciate this comment.. I was trying to add complexity so a simple framework of marks with texture...and in the end I liked the result but wasn't sure of its reception by others....

coops
11-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Full of life and music, I really like this one Gary:)