Arjen Vriezekolk
11-19-2012, 05:22 AM
The Rusty Knight enters the stage........71228

jibes
11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
So well done and humorous.!

gxhpainter2
11-19-2012, 05:40 AM
I just love the rich colors and excellent illustrative qualities of all of your work.. they bend the edge of illustrations and fine art..deeply towards the fine art...with humor :):):)

Zeropainter
11-19-2012, 06:02 AM
very well done ;) how can we learn to makes also nice cartoons/comics? ;)

perfect work

limey-g
11-19-2012, 06:15 AM
That is so funny, always they bring a smile, kind of reminds me of days in the boy scouts going camping.
Geoff

copespeak
11-19-2012, 09:10 AM
I love him, you are so clever!

It immediately reminded me of this year's Archibald Prize Winner, 'The Histrionic Wayfarer' by Tim Storrier, who said ‘it refers to a painting by Hieronymus Bosch called The Wayfarer painted in c1510 where the figure is believed to be choosing a path or possibly the prodigal son returning.’

See: http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/archibald/2012/29250/

The $75,000 Archibald Prize is regarded as the most important annual portraiture prize in Australia and has been going since 1921. It is awarded for "the best portrait, preferentially of some man or woman distinguished in Art, Letters, Science or Politics, painted by an artist resident in Australia. Storrier has included a drawing of himself in the painting, scribbled on a piece of paper being blown away by the wind.

We try to go and see the selected paintings every year, and I was very disappointed to miss seeing this fabulous painting.

Caesar
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Marvellous comics style once again and what a quality! Your rusty knight character is fantastic! A sort of Dutch Dom Quixote?

coops
11-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Your paintings always make me smile and I really love those boots:)

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I just love the rich colors and excellent illustrative qualities of all of your work.. they bend the edge of illustrations and fine art..deeply towards the fine art...with humor :):):)

A compliment to make a man blush........THX!!

Regards,

Arjen

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
very well done ;) how can we learn to makes also nice cartoons/comics? ;)

perfect work

I did a small tutorial of one of my illustrations in the tips and tricks forum:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?38985-Just-a-little-tutorial-to-share

It's a small contribution, but maybe it gives you an idea of how I work.

Regards,

Arjen

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Your paintings always make me smile and I really love those boots:)

Hahahaha.... I do love your comment about the boots :-) I'll give them more attention in the next drawing!

regards,
Arjen

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I love him, you are so clever!

It immediately reminded me of this year's Archibald Prize Winner, 'The Histrionic Wayfarer' by Tim Storrier, who said ‘it refers to a painting by Hieronymus Bosch called The Wayfarer painted in c1510 where the figure is believed to be choosing a path or possibly the prodigal son returning.’

See: http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/archibald/2012/29250/

The $75,000 Archibald Prize is regarded as the most important annual portraiture prize in Australia and has been going since 1921. It is awarded for "the best portrait, preferentially of some man or woman distinguished in Art, Letters, Science or Politics, painted by an artist resident in Australia. Storrier has included a drawing of himself in the painting, scribbled on a piece of paper being blown away by the wind.

We try to go and see the selected paintings every year, and I was very disappointed to miss seeing this fabulous painting.

Hello copespeak,
To compare my cartoonlike attempts at illustration to such a great work of art is such an enormous compliment!
I do love the Histrionic Wayfarer painting! and when I flip the page back and see my Rusty Knight...
Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention! But I'm a novice compared to artists like Tim Storrier!

Oh...I work in Den Bosch....The city of Hieronymus Bosch!

Regards,

Arjen

drawing4art
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Love this made me smile on a cold frosty morning in the UK....I also followed your link to your tutorial very insightful to a complete noobee like myself.