PDA

View Full Version : A Morning with Chopin... Polonaise

gxhpainter2
11-18-2012, 07:40 AM
more classically inspired works..

D Akey
11-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Hey, GXHpainter, could you give the full name of the piece by Chopin? I went to Youtube to look it up, since I don't know his work except for generally, but I like his work especially when actually watching someone perform it close up, which is better than any dance in the complexity and the sound coming out of the piano, though dance does have other components that the music performance would naturally lack . But I found there were several Polonaises. Which were you listening to?

As an arrangement of colors and shapes it looks great. And I can see some of Chopin's motifs being graphically represented, like the iterative quality of rapidly played keys. Also he tends to do cascading runs that often feel as if they are spiraling. Also, depending on the interpretation, he also may have shown temperature shifts for contrast and movement.

Other than that, I won't comment on that translation aspect of this one until I can hear it and "see" what you were being inspired by.

copespeak
11-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Wonderful, as always.

gxhpainter2
11-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey, GXHpainter, could you give the full name of the piece by Chopin? I went to Youtube to look it up, since I don't know his work except for generally, but I like his work especially when actually watching someone perform it close up, which is better than any dance in the complexity and the sound coming out of the piano, though dance does have other components that the music performance would naturally lack . But I found there were several Polonaises. Which were you listening to?

As an arrangement of colors and shapes it looks great. And I can see some of Chopin's motifs being graphically represented, like the iterative quality of rapidly played keys. Also he tends to do cascading runs that often feel as if they are spiraling. Also, depending on the interpretation, he also may have shown temperature shifts for contrast and movement.

Other than that, I won't comment on that translation aspect of this one until I can hear it and "see" what you were being inspired by. D Akey....thanks for your elaboration on this piece.. I got this download from iTunes: Polonaise In a Flat Op 53 (The Heroic) Interpretations by Emile Pandolfi

gxhpainter2
11-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Wonderful, as always. copespeak....thanks for commenting.. I Googled the area where you are living... quite specatcular!...

sabena
11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
HI gxpainter i like very much your style and this composition is strong veri good art:rolleyes:

Project Pixel
11-18-2012, 11:43 AM
amazing, fantastic :) :) :)

L Skylar Brown
11-18-2012, 12:52 PM
This is one of my favorites of yours. The title is a wonderful entre to the visual. In college, I started many mornings listening to Chopin. The Polinnaise group in particular. At 8 yrs, I did my first recital - the variation known as Twinkle twinkle little star.

byroncallas
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Terrific. I share the enthusiasm for this piece expressed by everyone in this thread.

gxhpainter2
11-19-2012, 05:34 AM
HI gxpainter i like very much your style and this composition is strong veri good art:rolleyes: thanks so much sabena..

This is one of my favorites of yours. The title is a wonderful entre to the visual. In college, I started many mornings listening to Chopin. The Polinnaise group in particular. At 8 yrs, I did my first recital - the variation known as Twinkle twinkle little star. I love the rippling keyboard of Chopin it sets the mind moving , glad you like this effort Skylar..and thanks for leaving a comment.

Terrific. I share the enthusiasm for this piece expressed by everyone in this thread. byron so glad you like this one.. listening to Classical music really seems to inspire my work..

jibes
11-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Gary, great color and value dominance! You do such good work!

Caesar
11-19-2012, 09:28 PM
That Chopin piece certainly makes You stand up and takes You up on a musical scale to the window whence You may look at the new day with hope, energy and creativity. It opens your eyes on beauty and life around You and, later on, that inside You. This is my personal interpretation of what I see and year from You and Chopin at least ...
I enjoyed the combo very much!