PDA

View Full Version : A Military Doctine Change

Caesar
11-17-2012, 12:36 AM
A once opposed doctrine ... is recently being considered and adopted by not less than a couple of generals overseas. LOL;)

Project Pixel
11-17-2012, 02:48 AM
When i first heard this guy's last name... for a second i thought it was spelled Betrayus, LOL

Wonderful illustration :)

Mike

limey-g
11-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Certainly interesting, well done on the illustration .
Geoff

gxhpainter2
11-17-2012, 06:04 AM
LOL....well done again Caesar...

D Akey
11-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Amusing Caesar. Love the vacation fabric underneath. Don't know the guy I'm afraid.

Betrayus? Hahah If you didn't get Project Pixel's Ceasar, that's not a direct English word - it's a play on words "Betray us". It's always been sport to play with the old Roman names to bend an English word into a name, even though it was the other way around where an English word came from Latin. I think it all started with the ostentatious name Tarquinius Superbus.

Caesar
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Thank You, dear Mike! LOL:D Wonderful pun and obviously he somehow betrayed two or three ladies and the trust which gave him his role, but I didn't want to be excessively hard with him. Most people, if we don't want to hide behind hyprocrisy, make some mistakes by underestimation or weakness or just behave like a stupid. He's not a criminal or worse than average. Unfortunately for him, he was expected to be not a saint, but a little better than average and more reliable. Obviously we shouldn't forget that also Gen. Allen (if I'm not wrong) is part of that mess.

Thank You, dear Geoff! This guy is an absolute amateur (in the sense of beginner:o) in front of our politicians.

Dear Gary, I had a weird idea. I wondered how You would have represented similar topics with Your abstracting painting style. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey. I thought that a Sons of Flowers shirt (and the marjuhana cigarette) could fit someone who seem to prefer free love pleasures to war.
Actually we do sometimes the same with pseudo-Latin words and even have still many Latin citations and quotes left we use in Italian (also outside the legal slang), but in several cases people state them uncorrectly. From the Manzoni novel which is one of the modern Italian literature pillars, we also got an exprssion saying more or less "leave out You latinorum" by a humble guy to say leave out complex and scientific terms to cheat me. Actually that word was uncorrectly declined (it's plural genitive).
As for Petraeus (of Peter or made of stone, more or less, the latter in late Latin I suppose, otherwise it would be lapideus), I think some of his ancestors were Germans (or Dutch) coming from some ancient lineage. But what about Oscar Pistorius the? LOL:o

justjean
11-18-2012, 03:35 AM
LOL, one might say your Prime Minster (not sure what you call them ) is an expert in this field :D

Caesar
11-18-2012, 06:06 AM
The Prime Minister You refer to isn't so since one year, dear Jean!:DLOL Thank You!|

GRSArts
11-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Ah, the new age of the Hippie. Bring back the memories. Nice drawing.

copespeak
11-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Love your chunky grungy style! Very unique!

Caesar
11-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Dear GRSArt, I'm not that old and not even Anglosaxon, but nobody can deny that was a moment of change and a period of some rule-breaking utopiae whose effects led us to less hyprocrisy, more freedom on one side and perilous or even deadly paths across drugs and far from some permanent values lighthouses. Maybe just another forbidden apple was eaten with all the pros and cons ... Thank You!

Thank you, dear Copespeak! That's the style I often come out with when I sketch quickly and intuitively some character looking for grasping some likeness features. I then colored it very quickly and simply too to complete the vignette I was figuring out in my mind.