PDA

View Full Version : My Geisha girl

limey-g
11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
My version of a lady from a different culture.
Geoff

Tonyjazz
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow, very impressive artwork

Caesar
11-14-2012, 06:51 PM
At any latitude ... and longitude, charming ladies are masterfully portrayed by Your brush, dear Geoff. Katie-Coops too, with her passion for Japanese subjects, will appreciate it very much for sure.

semd74
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
What an awesome painting, Geoff. You have emerged as the best painter of portraits in these forums (in my opinion). Such attention to detail. Perhaps you will share a tutorial with the rest of us...

coops
11-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Cesare was right Geoff, I adore this painting. The eyes are brilliant as is the painting:)

limey-g
11-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words, glad you like it , I know many folks like to see a much looser painting but for me having spent so many years in photography I like to see detail. I admire the artists that can actually make a painting look just like a photograph, not that skilled myself.
The hair in this one was a real challenge and cannot believe how many hours I spent getting it to look something like.
Regards Geoff

jibes
11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Exquisite work Geoff! Not only the Geisha but the background as well.

limey-g
11-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Exquisite work Geoff! Not only the Geisha but the background as well.

Thank you for that, I must admit that one of my weaknesses has been backgrounds, kind of hoping I did not have to do one.
However following advice from miss Katie coops I think I am coming to grips with backgrounds and the important roll they play in a finished painting.
Cheers Geoff

Zeropainter
11-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Very nice portrait. Yes and thats true, hairs are not so easy to made, there are good tutorials here too, but thats a lot of work.

I'm sorry for that, but for my self I try to make hairs with the Flamepainter, my next artwork is alos coming soon .... Some days ago I did made hairs with that small programm. The other parts I will made with artrage, also some additional hair structures/lights and so on. Would be nice, if Artrage could have in the next version(s) maybe also so a nice/similiar tool.

gxhpainter2
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
wow really one of your best efforts Geoff..! the face is flawless as usual but the hair and background composition and how it relates to the figure is working really well in this one. :cool::cool::cool:

justjean
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Great work on this beauty Geoff

D Akey
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
She is gorgeous. I definitely do not get 'demure' from this one. Sharp as a kiken. Interesting mood for a geisha that you don't see too often. She feels very contemporary in her social attitude, which the costume sort of belies. Very cool painting. You'll have your hands full, mate, if this is your geisha. Hahaha.

limey-g
11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Very nice portrait. Yes and thats true, hairs are not so easy to made, there are good tutorials here too, but thats a lot of work.

I'm sorry for that, but for my self I try to make hairs with the Flamepainter, my next artwork is alos coming soon .... Some days ago I did made hairs with that small programm. The other parts I will made with artrage, also some additional hair structures/lights and so on. Would be nice, if Artrage could have in the next version(s) maybe also so a nice/similiar tool.

Thanks for taking a look and interesting that you use a different program to help out with hair.

wow really one of your best efforts Geoff..! the face is flawless as usual but the hair and background composition and how it relates to the figure is working really well in this one. :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks Gary for your words of encouragement.

Great work on this beauty Geoff

Thanks Jean for your comments, much appreciated

She is gorgeous. I definitely do not get 'demure' from this one. Sharp as a kiken. Interesting mood for a geisha that you don't see too often. She feels very contemporary in her social attitude, which the costume sort of belies. Very cool painting. You'll have your hands full, mate, if this is your geisha. Hahaha.

Thanks Mr D Akey always welcome your comments, I think a Geisha would be too high maintenance for little old me, intriguing thought though;);)
Geoff

kenmo
11-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Wow....very impressive and one of your best....:cool:

byroncallas
11-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Outstanding.:)

limey-g
11-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks Ken & Byron for your kind comments, really appreciated.
Geoff