PDA

View Full Version : A magical duel

Caesar
11-14-2012, 05:31 AM
I thought to a funny version of the final duel at Hogsworth where I it's Hermione to face You Know Who.
It looks like this left the latter quite unprepared to the change and his magic wand, after quite some decades, seems not to be working that well anymore .... LOL;):o
I put a duplicated and blended version and the original one where the contrast of tones is weaker.

coops
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
This is so good Cesare and as always has your sense of humour:)

Caesar
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! Glad You appreciated it.:)

gxhpainter2
11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
LOL..... having read all these books I really appreciate this take... uniquely yours dear Caesar... very funny and excellently rendered.!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

limey-g
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I like it Caesar, certainly makes one smile.
I actually prefer the first one, I think the density of the colours brings something to the painting.
Geoff

D Akey
11-16-2012, 12:04 AM
He who shall not be named has a dysfunctional unmentionable. Go Hermoine! Way to use your anxiety spell!

Just don't do a swish and flick canting "Wingardiam Leviosa!" That levitation spell would not do here at all. . .

And I'm with limey-g, I prefer the darker version.

Project Pixel
11-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Wonderful characteristics of the movie versions, :)
i agree, the darker version makes the colors pop more

Caesar
11-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Are You suggesting I should write a Harry Potter parody, dear Gary? :D Apart from some possible problem with the copyright of and the royalties to the author, actually my younger boy did it in a funny and effective way by drawing many comics stripes thereabout with funny dialogues and the different characters being penguins. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Geoff! Unfortunately I could not get very dark tones with one layer only and the pencil + airbrush, so I ahd to sort duplicate and blend/ multiply the basic version to get the result.:)

Dear D Akey, should I ever set up a parodistic movie, I would certainly like to hire You at least for the dialogues! :o;)LOL Thank you very much for the comment and the fun!

Thank You, dear Project Pixel! I'm glad You enjoyed it and agree on which one is the best version too!

kenmo
11-16-2012, 07:31 AM
A fun painting for sure.... top notch work....

copespeak
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Very clever and a good giggle!

Caesar
11-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! Probably not really a top-notch, but I'm reasonably satisfied since it's an imaginary composition and lighting and I just reviewed some web images of the two protagonists's faces (without pinning them as references in AR) to get enough likeness.:)

Not exactly an highly cultural citation and sophisticated joke, by me, dear Copespeak, but it still requires to find the humour cue for a spontaneous little smile.:) Glad You enjoyed it and thank You.

silvy
11-18-2012, 10:45 PM
:D:DProprio divertente e ben disegnato come al solito. ;)

byroncallas
11-19-2012, 06:10 AM
LOL. Terrific piece. Yes, write the parody.

Caesar
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Grazie, cara Silvia! Il cattivone della saga troppo ridicolo per non prendersene gioco. Sembra uno psicopatico che abbia fatto uso estremo della chirurgia plastica. Stando a Roma verrebbe da dirgli " Voldemort .... acci tua quanto sei brutto!" LOL;)

Dear Byron, I thought that a duel between an evil degenete and a nerd girl could be a most thrilling one, but also a great source of laugh, certainly potentially more spicy and fun than the challenge posed by Harry Potterto the Dark Sorcerer. Thank You!