PDA

View Full Version : Serenade in G Major.

gxhpainter2
11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
I was raised on classical music and find myself going back and enjoying it again with a fresh view of it.. This was composed and inspired by a piece by Mozart..

jibes
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Beautiful dark with sparks at the top that just sing! Excellent Gary!

Caesar
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
It took me a minute to translate the G Major into the familiar Sol Maggiore, according to the names (apart Ut instead of Do) Guido d'Arezzo first gave them in the XII century out of some Latin verses to remember them and count on one end, but then I could better appreciate your wonderful translation of music into images!

gxhpainter2
11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Beautiful dark with sparks at the top that just sing! Excellent Gary! Thanks Neal , coming from an accomplished musician that means a great deal... :):):)

It took me a minute to translate the G Major into the familiar Sol Maggiore, according to the names (apart Ut instead of Do) Guido d'Arezzo first gave them in the XII century out of some Latin verses to remember them and count on one end, but then I could better appreciate your wonderful translation of music into images! dear Caesar, I am so pleased you found this passage of musical/imagery satisfactory...:):):)

copespeak
11-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Beautiful work as always, and all the more so when combined with Mozart.

gxhpainter2
11-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Beautiful work as always, and all the more so when combined with Mozart. copespeak... thanks glad you like this... I tried to find where you live on Google earth.. looked at cities in Victoria province ... looks beautiful especially the countryside...

limey-g
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Nicely done, your work certainly makes one think.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Nicely done, your work certainly makes one think.
Geoff thanks Geoff... should I hand out asprins?.... hope you can relate emotionally to this as well....:rolleyes::):):)

D Akey
11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
A trip. I did not read what you wrote before looking at what came forward for me. I see an old style pine coffin, and there are stair steps leading to heaven. Not in a Led Zeppelin way, though the symbols sort of add up to it, though not the emotions for me. I see this as more of a clay of the earth, dust to dust sort of thing for the shell we're riding around in, and once shed, the fetters are off, so to speak.

Once I read what you wrote, the other thing for me is it could be just being enticed into a higher plane through music -- above the muck and slog. Nice stuff.

copespeak
11-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Re: Where I live...... up in the Strzelecki (what a wonderful word!) Ranges in West Gippsland, Victoria., Australia. It's a glorious, glorious place.... steep green hillsides and HUGE views. We're very lucky. :0)

silvy
11-18-2012, 10:33 PM
A really great interpretation:)

gxhpainter2
11-19-2012, 05:27 AM
thank you silvy...I always love to have you stop by and comment..:):)