PDA

View Full Version : Remberance Day

JOSEPHINE.EARP
11-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Today is remberance Sunday so I thought this was appropiete. GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

silvy
11-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Very lovely painting dear Jo

Rondo
11-12-2012, 08:39 AM
lovely painting and yes it is remembrance day in Belgium, Great Britain and the most of Europe.....and i'm also a day older now,lol

limey-g
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Lovely painting so appropriate to remember those who gave so much.
Geoff

Shibui
11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Veterans Day in USA. Beautiful

gxhpainter2
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
fine work and very appropriate ...

coops
11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Never forgotten

Caesar
11-13-2012, 11:24 PM
A really moving painting.
I guess it's the national day in US to remember dead soldiers of the past wars.
All nations have their own remembrance different dates, and November has much to do with WWI for instance. The fourth we celebrated in Italy the WWI victory after a very gloom start and retreat to the Piave river line (when we enjoyed also a little US soldiers support, as You may know if You read Hemingway). It's not really a joyful event, since we paid, just like in the WWII, a terribly heavy tribute (and, sadly, the Austrians soldiers too). A couple of days ago France did the same celebrating the last WWI German army assault, but forgave, in their celebrations, quite typically, to remember the 26.000 Italian soldiers who kept that allied front and assault after we finished our part against Austria.
Fortunately Europe seems to have ruled off wars among us, although we kept quite a few of our national follies and madness as well as some remaining unfair and surrepticioully protectionist attitydes or leading dreams.
Anyway a thought and prayers from us all for all those young lives lost or ruined by wars and the hope that we may evolve so much as to avoid to make wars among countries just impossible and reasonless and peace a profitable dividend.