PDA

View Full Version : Heisenberg (from Breaking Bad)

Charlipadart
11-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Created using an iPad2

Slap Happy Larry
11-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Very nice. You've got the way he holds his lip just right. I love the skin texture.

Also, I LOVE that show. Can't wait for the second half of season five.

Rowena
11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Excellent work, you have the eye and specs spot on... a nice blend of painterly and sharp focus :)
...but seeing as you chose to place this under the Critique section, I would venture to suggest that you give the inside of the nostril more attention rather than just having it black. Even if your ref didn't show detail I think it would make things all the more interesting if you added it in...
Just my 2 cents, but great job all the same :cool:

Charlipadart
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
, I would venture to suggest that you give the inside of the nostril more attention rather than just having it black. Even if your ref didn't show detail I think it would make things all the more interesting if you added it in...
Just my 2 cents, but great job all the same :cool:

Rowena, you are quite right, the nostril does look unfinished, now that I study it. My ref was a frame grab from a video I got off YouTube or somewhere, so it didn't have that much detail. I usually find I get a bit exhausted with a particular painting and hardly ever go back to it. I think the first spirt of expression is more valuable, usually, than my revisits to it, but that's just my style of working. Thanks for your critique.

Charlipadart
11-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Very nice. You've got the way he holds his lip just right. I love the skin texture.

Also, I LOVE that show. Can't wait for the second half of season five.

Thanks Larry

I am wondering if you have seen my other painting from Breaking Bad called 'Gus gets a blast' ? (It isn't on this site however as I didn't use artrage but you can view it on my home page: charlipadart.redbubble.com