PDA

View Full Version : A Very Old Question

jacktar51
11-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Which came First? the Chicken or the Egg??....Jack.

Fashmir
11-11-2012, 08:50 AM
That is great Jack! I love it. :D What a great way to illustrate the age old question.

limey-g
11-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Nicely done Jack, something to make us smile.
Geoff

Zeropainter
11-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Nice done, and hope he will eat the egg and not the chicken :D

justjean
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Wonderful , and the answer is ??? :D

byroncallas
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I still haven't got it figured out. Love the painting. The whole gestalt gave me a chuckle.

coops
11-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Thats so good Jack and I still dont know the answer, well done:)

silvy
11-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Lovely! ....like Jean says: the answer is?:D

Caesar
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Absolutely wonderful painting and play with black and white colors, but the solution is already known since Darwin, the egg came first. I mean there were eggs before any bird appeared, so ...
You should therefore re-formulate the question. Which one came first? The Chicken or the Chicken Egg?

D Akey
11-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah. . . Caesar brings up the definitive answer. . . the egg came first, tracing it back in evolution to single celled organisms, unless you're a creationist, in which case the chicken nuggets came firts. Had to be. A good poser, Jack, finally brought to light. . . the lass being the poser. . . ;)

kenmo
11-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Wow...fantastic way to articulate this age old question....

jacktar51
11-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Dear Friends, In this Instance, both the Scriptures and the Evolution theory both Agree, it was the chicken that came first...
The Scriptures...God created all the birds of the air...
Evolution...two birds similar to the chicken but both different,mated and resulted in the first chicken proper being created....
There we have it..isnt it nice to have agreement by two different ideologies...Wish all nations and religions would agree so easily,that would make a nice world for us all to live in wouldnt it, no more falling out,no more wars........Jack.

cartuneman
11-23-2012, 06:12 PM
hey jack you made me think of this cartoon I did just a few months back.....Great painting Sir!!!! I hope you enjoy this cartoon.

Caesar
11-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Dear Jack, actually from what You say we may rather infer that, in the evolutionary story, two almost-chicken produced the first egg with a chicken inside, so a chicken egg which came first.:D

Anyway I wouldn't consider and use religious scriptures as a scientific book, forgetting the time when and the cultural context where it was written as well as the metaphoric and symbolic purpose, otherwise the sun and all the other planets would be orbiting around us and astrology and alchemy (with all their initial rational merits to understand predictive rules and mechanisms) would be science while we would move in the air by means of golden chariots with enormous wheels (which, BTW, not even Jesus used anymore to ascend into Heaven). :o
To the benefit of kids and younger people, I have to say that, in the scientific world, as far as generally known, whilst the evolutionary theory was enriched by further hypotheses from the initial simplest form to cope with all the evidence and observations, the creationism isn't an alternative theory anymore since long time, just, substantially, a sort of religiously-driven dogma of some groups and some educated sophists (as it happens with the Shoah negationists alas), certainly not a doctrinal truth or an official belief of any traditional, major christian denomination such as the Catholic Church which manages also quite a few catholic Universities and Hospitals.

Dear Cartuneman, You put a really funny ending word (and view) to it! LOL:o;)