PDA

View Full Version : Moments before tragedy.

waheednasir
02-07-2007, 06:51 AM
hi there, inspiration for this latest painting of mine, came from a chameleon, that i saw in my garden, while watering plants...:). i didnt paint the exact thing, but it just gave me a subject/an idea. later, i did study few refs of lizards of all sorts to paint one and thats about it, what u are seeing here is all painted from scratch. i came up with this particular look of it that i wanted to have...:).
along with that, i introduced a touch of drama/tradedy, by painting an innocent looking ladybird, totally unaware of the approaching, crawling danger.
i visualised the composition and mood and painted this in artrage, using tablet.

thanks for watching...best wishes to all...:).

Verticae
02-07-2007, 06:58 AM
That's beyond awesome. Dear God. :|

florida girl
02-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Well waheednasir,
Your kimono type dragon certainly does look threatening to a harmless little lady bug.
Those Thorns & Colorful Thistle-like flower also tie in the subjects and the theme you chose, very well.

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl

D Akey
02-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Wow!

This is an absolutely amazing painting. I love the marks in the background to compliment the skin of the chameleon. Great drama. Virtuoso painting technique.

I love it. I could easily see this in any science museum or magazine dealing with nature. It's right up there with the very best work done for those venues. (I'm giving you the benefit of my ignorance as to the anatomical and scale accuracy of the creatures.)

Might want to put a few samples together and see if you can't get a big juicy commission.

I would certainly hire you for some features were I an editor.

:D :D :D

Lee
02-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Dear Waheed, hope he doesn't turn his head this-a-way !!! thanks for the wonderful art, and inspiration,,,,,,,,,,,

waheednasir
02-07-2007, 08:50 AM
thank u so very very much...Verticae, florida girl, D Akey and Lee...:).

d akey...thanks for the offer mate...:). and i like that "juicy commission"... :lol:.

lee...yea... :lol:. its good that he's too busy watching the bug...:).

thanks again my friends...:). have a lovely day.

AndyRage
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh that's brilliant! The level of detail you've put into the skin of the lizard is phenomenal.
Waheed you're such a patient and observant person!

Selby
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
wow fantastic Waheed :D the care you put into the lizards scales is phenominal and i quite believe the ladybird is toast :)

Selby

Fashmir
02-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Waheed- That takes serious dedication. Well done. I make it out to be a breed of iguana. If I were to offer a critique it would be about scale. The ladybird seems rather large for an iguana with spines that developed. That doesn't diminish my opinion of the work however. Your technique is as usual flawless and your sense of light and color is delightful.

jacktar51
02-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Waheed ...Tizz a cracker........Did it blink just then......Jack.

friendly
02-07-2007, 12:16 PM
does it get any better then this, very, excellent painting

SteveG
02-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Very well done!

Tigra
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Dear Waheed,

thereīs nothing more to say.. Itīs really brilliant work. You have a great talent, use it fully!

speggie
02-07-2007, 01:32 PM
better and better matey ........the iguana is most splendid ...........

kiran
02-08-2007, 02:03 AM
love
dear naseer
...play of spontaeneity of colors..created enigmatic appearance.
.thanx for the glimpse.
--------------kiran(swami anandabodhi)

pai
02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Stunning!! What a great painting. I like the title of it. It's going to be tragedy for the beatiful bug.

ENCHANTER
02-09-2007, 06:28 AM
WOW! WOW!

i dont know what to say.

AMAZING!

Im not worthy ., bow bow,

:shock:

waheednasir
02-09-2007, 07:08 AM
AndyRage, Selby, Fashmir, jacktar51, friendly, SteveG, Tigra, speggie, kiran, pai and ENCHANTER...your visit and appreciation is truely appreciated...thanks u so much everyone...:).

and im so sorry, i replied a bit late on this. having some serious problems with my computer at home.

see ya soon...have a lovely day, all of u...:).

jvolkel
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Waheed - Maybe you got a 'bug' in your computer. Let the Chamelion out and maybe he'll catch it for you. :roll: Beautiful work by the way.

waheednasir
02-10-2007, 09:10 AM
:lol:......thats a great suggestion...i think u are right jvolkel...:). will do that.. :lol:.

thank u for your visit...glad u like it...:).

best wishes.

D Akey
02-10-2007, 10:05 AM
The nice thing about long threads is that I get to re-visit those paintings.

A pleasure again and a credit to your work that it spawns so many comments.

Aged P
02-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi Waheed,

Fantastic once again.
Congratulations!!!

It looks like a Tuatara.

Phil

D Akey
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Hahahaha Aged P!

Is that a new palette for an aged p?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

waheednasir
02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
i totally missed this. sorry fellas.

:).

d akey and aged p...thank u so much for looking in. glad u like it.

its good to see u phil...:).

cheers all.

Alex
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
What a simply phenomenal painting... the chameleon itself looks so real. i'm in awe of this painting. Well Done!

Adam Black
02-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Holy Wow!

The colors, the brushstrokes, the composition...

That's it! I quit. Gonna go cut off my fingers and burn all my art supplies now. :lol:

waheednasir
02-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Holy Wow!

The colors, the brushstrokes, the composition...

That's it! I quit. Gonna go cut off my fingers and burn all my art supplies now. :lol:

:lol:...thats it mate. never had such a comment... :).

thank u so much adam for admiring it in your very own, excellent way...i like that...:).

:lol:.